Quantcast 'POTC: At World's End' Discussion - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrpersinger View Post
    At the end, Will is able to return to Elizabeth for life. The movie writers have said this is the case, and there is actually a scene that was cut out in which Calypso and Barbossa are discussing the curse. In this scene, they explain that the curse of the Flying Dutchman would be lifted after 10 years if the captain's lover had been faithful. At the end, the flash of green light is Will coming back to life because Elizabeth has been faithful. So he can return to her for good--it's not just the once in 10 years.

You can read more about this on Wikipedia--just search for Pirates of the Caribbean. This is also apparently the storyline from the opera The Flying Dutchman.
    If that turns out to be true, I will be much less disappointed in the movie.
    It makes sense, but if that scene does exist, it was a poor move on their part to omit it.
    4 trips to DL,
    6 trips on DCL,
    57 trips to WDW in the past 21 years and counting...

Coming Soon:
    EPCOT for Food&Wine Festival Fall '08
    DCL Special Itinerary Tortola May '09
    Moving to FL (hopefully) Summer '09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Babe View Post
    I saw Pirates III today. I guess I will be in the minority here. I didn't like it at all and feel pretty betrayed. I want my money back!

It was unnecessarily long and tedious. I almost wanted to get up and leave after an hour and a half. The screenplay should have been edited and/or rewritten. It plays like a first draft with overblown story ideas that have trouble connecting. No wonder people have questions about the meaning of things in this movie. It is too hard to understand the plot(s). I got to the point where I just didn't care anymore. It almost seems as if the writers were smoking something when they were working on it.
    OMG - I was thinking - this was longest movie that I've ever attended!! Or so it seemed - it just wasn't ending..........

Also - I'll admit to cheating - and thank goodness for that - because I would never have "gotten" it. There was a synopis written out on a movie spoiler website.

Also - the credits ran forever - waiting to see that very last scene........
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrpersinger View Post
    I was a bit confused on all of this stuff too... More so if Will would be able to come back or not. This is one thing I found and so far seems to be true....

At the end, Will is able to return to Elizabeth for life. The movie writers have said this is the case, and there is actually a scene that was cut out in which Calypso and Barbossa are discussing the curse. In this scene, they explain that the curse of the Flying Dutchman would be lifted after 10 years if the captain's lover had been faithful. At the end, the flash of green light is Will coming back to life because Elizabeth has been faithful. So he can return to her for good--it's not just the once in 10 years.

You can read more about this on Wikipedia--just search for Pirates of the Caribbean. This is also apparently the storyline from the opera The Flying Dutchman.

the green flash of light was him getting his soul back and being able to stay w/ her. Somewhere in the movie they discuss that a green flash of light is a soul coming back to earth. They say that there is a deleted scene that discusses that the curse is lifted IF the woman waits and is faithful for the 10 years. It's a big topic of discussion where many disagree and say that is not true. Someone posted that the writer or director verified that it is him getting his soul back. I believe that in the play about the Flying Dutchman's Curse - that it also states the same thing (about the curse being lifted). Try googling Flying Dutchman's curse and/or POTC3 and see what you find.

So Will fullfilled his time, and Elizabeth stayed faithful (or so it seems) so he should be able to return to his life. And with Calypso now being released and should be back in control of things, she would replace him with someone else as was done before.
    If both of these are true - they should have been in the movie!!

How stupid to leave them out!!!!!! I think it would have made the movie more enjoyable.
    They could have cut out some time from that stupid maelstrom fight.

SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like a few important scenes were cut our of the movie. I has also read at some point on the boards that the scene that showed us what mark Jack left on Beckett was cut out. I was also wondering if Will got his soul back after the 10 years. After seeing the movie for the third time I finaly thought about that. Oh well I guess that means having to go again. oh well that is just fine with me!!!
    Bonnie
    Oct '89 Comfort Inn and CBR
    Nov '92 Comfort Inn and DixieLandings
    Feb '96 Comfort Inn
    Feb '98 All Star Sports (Tennis)
    Feb '04 Disney Cruise, Pop Century (50's)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post

I don't think that any one has brought this up but I think the sword was rather important to the story. The sword Will was commissioned to make for Norrington was the wepon that was used to kill Will himself. To borrow a quote from Ragetti "I guess that's what you call ironic."
    Another irony... The father of Elisabeth's most current betrothed killed the previous fiancé. I guess they didn't want an "old love" around to test Elisabeth's faithfulness yet again so she could remain true to release Will from his new duty. I know Jack is still around but I don't think she ever truly wanted him... the whole thing with the compass in the 2nd movie seems to point out that she wanted to be a pirate captain in her own right.
    "Guard the boat, mind the tide. Don't touch my dirt." Captain Jack Sparrow

CSR May '98
    POR May '02
    CBR June '06
    Next Trip... POFQ Sept '07
    Disneyland--too many times to count!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    They could have cut out some time from that stupid maelstrom fight.

That was the best part of the movie! The entire plot of the movie led up what happened in that maelstrom fight!

The scene of the Flying Dutchman and the Black Pearl destroying Beckett's flagship from opposite sides made everything worthwhile...
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

So what happens to Davy Jones once Will becomes captain of the Flying Dutchman?!
    Dixie Landings - 22 Visits
    WL - 16 Visits & Wedding Ceremony!
    AKLodge - 1 Visit
    PO - 1 Visit
    Poly - 1 Visit
    YC - 25 Visits
    BC - 3 Visits
    DTD Hilton - 1 Visit
    Off Site - 3 Visits & Counting...
    Grand Cali - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Barrel of Water?

Forgive me if this question has already been asked (I tried to find it in the last seven pages).

My understanding is that Davey Jones could not leave his ship - except every ten years - yet we see him materializing on the Pearl to visit Calypso and we see him standing in the barrel of water on the spit of land during the "showdown" scene. What is going on here? He appears to be leaving the ship in both cases - the barrel of water seeming to be an out to not being able to leave the Dutchman.

This being the case couldn't Will have visited Elizabeth in a bucket of water?

Loved the movie, a lot of dangling plot lines, but I think with seeing it twice and help from Intercot I have most of it figured out. But thinking of Will Turner in a bucket of water makes me laugh!
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diznee4Me View Post
    Forgive me if this question has already been asked (I tried to find it in the last seven pages).

My understanding is that Davey Jones could not leave his ship - except every ten years - yet we see him materializing on the Pearl to visit Calypso and we see him standing in the barrel of water on the spit of land during the "showdown" scene. What is going on here? He appears to be leaving the ship in both cases - the barrel of water seeming to be an out to not being able to leave the Dutchman.

This being the case couldn't Will have visited Elizabeth in a bucket of water?

Loved the movie, a lot of dangling plot lines, but I think with seeing it twice and help from Intercot I have most of it figured out. But thinking of Will Turner in a bucket of water makes me laugh!
    Davy Jones never went back to the other side to ferry souls after Calypso wasn't there to free him so I think that he just decided then and there he was going to rule the seas since Calypso could not do it any more after they put her in her human form. That is just mt thought. But seeing will in a bucket of waterwould be very funny!

Ok another question. Now that Calypso has been released does she go back to ruleing the seas?
    Bonnie
    Oct '89 Comfort Inn and CBR
    Nov '92 Comfort Inn and DixieLandings
    Feb '96 Comfort Inn
    Feb '98 All Star Sports (Tennis)
    Feb '04 Disney Cruise, Pop Century (50's)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diznee4Me View Post

Davey Jones couldn't set foot on land but once every ten years. He could leave his ship whenever he wanted. Even in the second movie he appeared on another ship (the wrecked ship he captured Will on). So I guess technically the bucket of water meant he wasn't on land. By the same token, I guess he could be carried on land by someone as long as he didn't touch it.

I don't think Will could come back to visit Elizabeth at all in the first ten years because he was ferrying the souls in the Locker, which is what Davey Jones was supposed to be doing.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Well I saw it....again...for the third time tonight with my parents (who love the ride, like the movies).

Every time I see it the story line makes more and more sense, you just have to really listen to every conversation between every character. I will admit that the "Will coming back for good or not" is still up in the air with me. I would like the idea that he gets to come home and stay with his son and wife. I just need some hard proof (the article from the writers that people have said is out there).

The one new thing that I did figure out today was something that was actually kind of funny in a sense.

When the movie was over my dad leans over to me and says, "Jack is going to Disney World now." Of course I looked at him and laughed because we know that he is in the ride now (ha ha ha...I kind of said just to humor him). Then later he says to me again that Jack is really going to Florida. I gave him a look that made him think I thought he was off his rocker. Then he says, "on the map, at the end of the movie, it shows that Jack is looking at the location for the Fountain of Youth. He was looking near cuba and next to it was the state of Florida." The funny thing is, is that there is an "X" right in the centre of Florida and we all know what resort destination lies there.

To me it made sense. I'm just throwing it out there as kind of a "keep your eyes out and let me know what you think" kind of statement.
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboy98 View Post
    The one new thing that I did figure out today was something that was actually kind of funny in a sense.

When the movie was over my dad leans over to me and says, "Jack is going to Disney World now."

Then he says, "on the map, at the end of the movie, it shows that Jack is looking at the location for the Fountain of Youth. He was looking near cuba and next to it was the state of Florida." The funny thing is, is that there is an "X" right in the centre of Florida and we all know what resort destination lies there.

To me it made sense. I'm just throwing it out there as kind of a "keep your eyes out and let me know what you think" kind of statement.

I can't believe no one else has mentioned this either. One of the first things I said to my DH was that that was a perfect ending, because Jack is heading to the POTC ride. He gave me a look like I was crazy, too. Then I told him that he was in search of the Fountain of Youth which is supposed to be in Florida and and he had a map showing Florida... where is the POTC ride??? I thought it was very nice tongue in cheek way to end the movie.

Overall I loved the movie, but I was a bit annoyed with the Elizabeth Swann show as well. I started disliking her character in POTC2 and at times in POTC3 I just couldn't stand seeing her face. But I thought everything else was great.

Oh, and after hearing about all that was left on the cutting room floor, which would have provided an even better plot for the entire movie in my opinion, I really hope that there is a DVD released someday with all of this extra info and plot explanation.
    Tracy

*** All it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust ***

Numerous family trips in the 70's and 80's growing up
    Introduced DH to the magic in '92 and we can't get enough...

Post Thanks / Like

I just kind've figured that WDW was the "fountain of youth" because we all get to act like kids again.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboy98 View Post
    Well I saw it....again...for the third time tonight with my parents (who love the ride, like the movies).

Every time I see it the story line makes more and more sense, you just have to really listen to every conversation between every character. I will admit that the "Will coming back for good or not" is still up in the air with me. I would like the idea that he gets to come home and stay with his son and wife. I just need some hard proof (the article from the writers that people have said is out there).

When the movie was over my dad leans over to me and says, "Jack is going to Disney World now." Of course I looked at him and laughed because we know that he is in the ride now (ha ha ha...I kind of said just to humor him). Then later he says to me again that Jack is really going to Florida. I gave him a look that made him think I thought he was off his rocker. Then he says, "on the map, at the end of the movie, it shows that Jack is looking at the location for the Fountain of Youth. He was looking near cuba and next to it was the state of Florida." The funny thing is, is that there is an "X" right in the centre of Florida and we all know what resort destination lies there.

I caught that too, especially being a Floridian. Mainly because the Fountain of Youth is up in the North East corner near St. Augustine not where it is on Jack's map which is probably closer to Orlando.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the movie a couple weeks ago in Florida and had to take three kids on bathroom breaks three times and somehow right during important parts like when Jack was first shown in the locker and they were "disposing" of Gov. Swann. I'm glad I could read through this thread some b/c I totally thought that the kid in the beginning was Will and Elizabeth's son. I hated how they killed off Norrington and Swann. I love the first movie, but the second and third are just okay. And Keith Richards was being thrown in just for show I guess, I'm sure he made a good amount for his work. I do however love Jack Sparrow, he was great throughout all three movies. I guess I just like the lightness of the first movie most.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm confused. When Elizabeth is escaping from a ship, crawling across a rope, who is the person that is killed, left lying there? Because I thought I saw him again later in the movie?? I am so confused, I need to go watch it again. I had to watch I and II two times each to "get it". Sorry, please forgive me.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Ok, I'm confused. When Elizabeth is escaping from a ship, crawling across a rope, who is the person that is killed, left lying there? Because I thought I saw him again later in the movie?? I am so confused, I need to go watch it again. I had to watch I and II two times each to "get it". Sorry, please forgive me.
    That was James Norrington...Elizabeth's ex-fiance.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like POTC III. It was way too violent for me. Whatever happened to Calypso and Davy Jones? I think I may have to watch it again (and again and again and again) to understand all of the storylines.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile PotC @ World's End dvd release...

Avast, me hearties!

'Tis said that Cap'n Jack & crew will once again be available in your home on Tues., Dec. 4th.

Yo ho, yo ho...

Post Thanks / Like

avast ahoy!!
    I can not wait for this movie to come out on DVD.
    YOHO!!! YOHO!!!

Thank you for the info.
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: