Quantcast Chase disney visa

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chase disney visa

I am planning a trip to wdw end of oct-nov. Is it worth getting this visa? Does it get you some discounts on the travel package? I am totally new to this. Thanks
    Angie I.

WDW WLR 1997
    DLR PPR 2003

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Disney does have some Offers! They do update from time to time. Here's the link to the offer:

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/newsandoffers.html

I'll also send you an email...you can PM me your email addy if you like.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

It's the only rewards card we have. Every year, we have around $250 to spend however we choose. It pays for around five sit down dinners for two. It 's a nice piece of change.

As for the offers, we get them, but can't take advantage of most of them because we stay at SOG, which isn't a Disney resort. However, just by having the card, you get a 20% discount at the World of Disney on purchases over a certain amount. (Can't remember what that amount is).

It gets my vote.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

not a discount on packages really, but sometimes you can book things earlier. like i was able to book free dining in Sept on a Monday whereas others wo Disney Visa had to wait til Thurs. a few other things, like photos, discount on tours, WOD discount.
    my big point was the no interest on disney trip for 6 months and earning disney dollars
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

No not in my option. I get a better value from my AAA and AP if I have one. I have never seen anything of great value with the Disney Visa and I have one which I had been given when the MK Club closed down.
    Hugpug

Have stayed at FW,ASM,POP,WL,CS,POR,POFQ,CB,POLY,Grovesnor,Offsit e over the years past. LOVED THEM ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation vaguely worth it, perhaps, waiting to see

So in October my wife, daughter, and I are going to WDW. As are the parent-in-law and my wife's sister and son. And my wife's brother, his fiance and her daughter. I got an offer for the card with some terms that are better than those offered otherwise. To finance it all I had been looking into the card already and noticed depending on which banner-ad or link that you follow to Chase's web site, the "fine print" might change! Although it has been announced that Chase is doing away with two-cycle billing, some Disney Visa offers had it and others didn't. My offer was single cycle and a lower APR with 0% for a year. Of course, the terms are subject to change at their whim so in a year I might get the same APR as everyone else when the 0% is up.

I didn't care for the vague description of the rewards program. Many credit cards just say that the full terms will come with the card. So you gotta buy in to know what you get. Terrible. And if you see the hoops you must jump through... ever see that Capital One commercial for their No Hassle card showing how others have hassles ... the girl kisses the frog but instead of a prince she gets many other things with each kiss, like an orangutang, b/c kisses are not transferrable and expire after six seconds, and you need one more kiss to get ... etc. Funny but true! It seems that I have to get some other card to xfer my Disney Dream Dollars to (sounds too much like regular Disney park Disney Dollars of you ask me) from my rewards balance. And I must xfer a minimum amount. And I can't xfer back. And they are glued to this other card and can't be replaced if something happens to that card. And I can only use it some places. And ... I give up! The main draw is the 0%, otherwise I'd just save up in our ING Direct and then use my Amex One which gives my cash back into a high-yield savings (like ING Direct, and actually a little higher APY right now!) Take THAT, Disney and Chase(or BankOne/FirstUSA, as you'll notice the web site for the card says when you go to apply or call up the terms & conditions).

So there are other perks, besides having $ to spend on disney products at certain outlets that don't have the lowest price (another gotcha). You can get a discount at World of Disney (I think on purchases over $25 or something like that). But we like Mouse Gear. Oh well. Oh, the stroller rental deal sounds good ... if we were going to DLR in Anaheim, not WDW! There is some meet & greet perk, maybe. I forget. They just didn't resonate with me. But the materials I received with the card and also again in the mail, say that the specials are good through September. So maybe something better will come along in October. Or something worse. Or perhaps nothing.

I got an offer for the Chase Freedom card and I got it. So my day-to-day cards are the Amex One and Chase Freedom - depending on what I'm buying and what they take. We are driving down to FL from NJ - that's how I've always done it and like to do it, and how my wife has mostly done it all her life and how she likes it. Gonna rent a 12-15 passenger van. Besides extra rewards on gas with the Freedom (works out to be 3%), I got the Discover Gas (now Open Road) card for 5% back (upto $1200/year in gas purchases, then rate drops). The AAA card has a daily limit and the thirsty big V8 the extended van must have would surely exceed that. There are at least two tank fills driving a 4cyl down there. But what has my attention right now is the Chase BP card. 5% back, but 10% for the first month or two. Yeah, only at BP, but while there are only a few BP/Amoco around here, I've noticed many up and down I-95 over the past few years as they've changed their logo etc. And there is a discount for eating at restaurants with the BP Visa. That would be good for us. The Chase Freedom offers a discount on fast food (as opposed to sit down / table-svc). The rub is that there seems to be very few Hess stations that Google Maps can find along I-95 and many around here have closed over the years ... yet there is one on 535 outside WDW and the Exxon stations at CCC, Boardwalk, and DTD have become Hess (I hear, I vaguely noticed in Jan 2006 when we were last at WDW and we filled up at the Boardwalk). Hess has the same 5%/10%-intro deal ... but not much else. But these cards will give me more at WDW and around home than the Disney Visa. But I already have the Chase Disney Rewards Visa so ... so be it. In order to not go over 50% utilization I've been taking advantage of the 0% WDTC deal so I can charge the three room packages in installments.

Post Thanks / Like

We've had the Disney card for several years now and have not had any trouble getting or using our Disney Rewards dollars. On a trip a couple of years ago, I ordered a Disney Rewards card and transferred all rewards dollars onto the card. We were able to use the card at multiple places within Disney World - from dining to shopping.

This year, I ordered a new Disney Rewards card (the other had expired) and transferred all existing rewards to the card. I used the rewards to fund most of one annual pass.

As long as you understand the rules, it's very easy to access and use your rewards dollars.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Linda. We have had ours for a few years and once we know we are planning a trip (we go about every 3 years) we throw everything we can (gas, food, utilities, church etc) onto it to get the rewards dollars. We use the rewards to help pay for our trip/souveniers/dining plan etc. This is the first trip we booked as a package so the 0% for 6 months is a nice plus. Also,the possibility of getting in on promos before the general public is nice. We pay our balance every month but I believe the interest rate is comperable to other cards. The "other card" mentioned is the rewards card that you use to redeem your reward dollars. It is not really too confusing: The rewards are banked and you see each month what you have. If you want to use them, you request a rewards card (which they mail to you) and you transfer your rewards onto that card. You have to transfer an amt when you order the card ($20 I think) but you can keep the rest "banked". We usually get the card with the $20 and then right before our trip, transfer over the rest of the amount we have accumulated. IMHO if you know you are going to WDW and you use credit cards (wisely I hope!),the Disney Visa is a good way to earn some money toward things Disney. (sorry to ramble!)

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a tip if you do decide to get the card. If you enter the code from the back of Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2007 you get a $50 gift card. You don't even have to buy the book, just write it down when you go to the local book store or disney store and enter it online when you apply.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: