Quantcast Haunted Mansion Dream Updates?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Haunted Mansion Dream Updates?

If you were the one in charge of refurbishing the Haunted Mansion, what updates would you make? What kind of special effects would you add?

I would probably just update the ghosts (more realistic) , and maybe add that 1000th ghost ...

Let me know what you would change!

AP Holder since 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i wudnt add the 1000th ghost because thats the whole slogan!

but some of the special effects should be updated. like the cemetary scene where the ghosts pop out of their cascets and stuff.

even though the bride doesnt look very real, it still gives me the shivers every time. im not entirely sure why.
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

I would remove the giant spiders - besides the fact that I hate spiders, they are just tacky and don't seem to belong. I would also remove the pop-up, screaming ghosts in the cemetary - they aren't scary so much as they are annoying and again, I think they are tacky. I haven't seen the bride scene changes they made in DL but I heard they are great - I think I'd update that as well. The only other changes I would make would be to fix anything that is broken or worn out.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably up date the animatrons but other than that I think that the ghosts are still realistic. I love this ride and it holds a special place in my heart. My boyfriend and I had our first disney kiss on it

Post Thanks / Like

On top of some random special effects updates around the ride, I would update the graveyard. get rid of the pop up heads and update the rest of the effects in the graveyard.
    Offero

81, 82, 84, 85, 87, 90 - Disneyland (Off Site)
    83 - Offsite
    95 - Offsite
    00 - Kissimmee
    03 - Pop Music
    06 - Port Orleans/ Cruise

"The crowd which follows me with admiration, would run with the same eagerness were I marching to the Guillotine."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Tinker-Brendie Guest

Default My wishes for the Haunted Mansion would be...

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I would remove the giant spiders - besides the fact that I hate spiders, they are just tacky and don't seem to belong. I haven't seen the bride scene changes they made in DL but I heard they are great - I think I'd update that as well.
    Amen! I would lose the spiders so fast it would make your doombuggy spin! Also, we're been to DL twice and IMHO the attic there is SO MUCH cooler and in theme than the one at WDW. Lastly, I would make sure the glass between the Doombuggies and the dining room scene stayed clean and that the sound in the DBs was as great as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Updates

I totally agree that the sound system should be updated, it sounds a little rough a lot of the time. I'm also with those of you who would change and update the graveyard. The popping skeletons, etc. are very old school and the spiders look too carnivalish. I think it would be cool if they would add the 1000th ghost as YOU! Some kind of imagery that would make you appear to be a ghost in the final scene, right after the hitchhikers of course!
    That's not funny! And I know funny! I'm a clown fish!

Post Thanks / Like

i would like to see changes in temp as you near ghosts the temp gos down and maybe a ghostly touch on your shoulder ect.. would like the effects to be as close as possible

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Disneyland last week and after riding the HM out there I came to the sad realization that my favorite attraction in WDW has fallen way behind her sisters in Paris and Anaheim. (I haven't been to Tokyo Disneyland yet, but I would bet that it is better as well.)

The problems:

Failing audio - Should have been fixed long ago. It seems every time I ride I'm in a car with a speaker that cuts in and out or is too loud.

Giant spiders - Look like they are from a cheap state fair spook house.

Seance room - I don't know which is worse, Leota's styrofoam head and cheap wig or the instruments hanging from visible strings.

Attic - The plastic bride with blinging lights is just sad. And the pneumatic pop-up ghosts are more annoying than scary.

The solutions:

Fix the audio. It shouldn't be that hard.

Get rid of the giant spiders.

Bring the floating Leota from Disneyland and hide the strings better.

Bring the entire attic from Disneyland. The bride and portrait effects are brilliant.

WDW just needs to bite the bullet and close the HM for however long it takes to bring this once proud attraction the magic it so badly needs.
    Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez-moi pancakes!! Click click bloody click pancakes!!!

My signature is an honor roll student at Intercot Elementary School.

Post Thanks / Like

When is the exact date that they will reopen?

I hope they add a gift shop.
    Everybody's got a laughing place!

Post Thanks / Like

Sept. 12 I believe is the date HM is suppose to reopen on. Can't wait to see what changes if any were made to the ride. And hopefully another MK attraction will be closed for refurb within the near future. Rumour has it it's suppose to be closed for at least 9 months. but it hasn't happened yet. the last refurb it had was back in the 80's.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

I heard it will reopen on Sept. 13 (my birthday). BTW, I don't really mind the popping up heads.....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Disney should bring back the Hat Box Ghost!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    I heard it will reopen on Sept. 13 (my birthday). BTW, I don't really mind the popping up heads.....
    Well it's down until the 12 of Sept, anyway right?
    You and My Mom aka PirateGal have the same B-day will you be at MK that day to enjoy the ride?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Well it's down until the 12 of Sept, anyway right?
    You and My Mom aka PirateGal have the same B-day will you be at MK that day to enjoy the ride?
    Yeah, that's the way I read it...
    Cool about your mom. We 13th people have to stick together
    Nope. I won't be there. Unfortunately "real life" keeps getting in the way I've serously considered moving closer
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I too feel the popping heads need to go. It does feel like a carnival ride. But I'm wondering if they added Johnnie to POTC, are they going to add Eddie to HM??
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    I too feel the popping heads need to go. It does feel like a carnival ride. But I'm wondering if they added Johnnie to POTC, are they going to add Eddie to HM??
    Don't worry, folks. Eddie's never coming to the Mansion. The movie didn't do very well anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be cool to be able to "feel" some of the effects in the doombuggy! You know, like a faint wind on the back of your neck, the smells of the gunpowder from the dueling pistols. the rocky path thru the graveyard...things like that can only add to the HM experience.
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    A. the movie didn't do good,B. they didn't make books about eddie, while they did for jack. Also i have heard rumors of doing a Nightmare before Christmas thing for hm. has anyone heard of this before or is this just false info.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Post Thanks / Like

Over in Disneyland, they do a great overlay of Haunted Mansion for Christmas that makes it "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed. I only saw it once, but I loved it!

I do not know if there is an intention to start doing that over here as well or not.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: