Quantcast Where were you raised?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where were you raised?

I mentioned in another post that I was going back to my hometown for our 45th high school reunion, and someone PM'd me asking where in Ohio I was going.,

I got to wondering, where you all were raised, and how you got to where you live now.

I was born in Ashland, Ohio, and left for service in the Navy at age 24. Met and married DH while stationed in Phila.Pa. We lived there for 24 years, and came to Mesa, Az. 14 years ago. I figure in 10 more years, I'll have to move again, if there's a pattern here.

I hope this isn't a dumb topic, but I like to learn about people I meet on Intercot, and it IS a small world.

Where are YOU from?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was born in Mobile, AL, but never lived there until a few years ago. I was an Air Force brat, so grew up in several places. Most of my life was spent in the Ft. Walton Beach area in Florida. After college in Tuscaloosa, AL and some time in Denver, CO during the start of my own time in the AF reserves, I returned to FWB. I have been in Mobile for the past 10 years. Thanks to the AF, I have been out of the country twice.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was raised in Southern California. Living in Bum... nevermind... nebraska... while I finish school. Was in So Cal decided I needed to get my degree to be able to do better for my family. Ended up going to Univ of Neb. 4 semesters and 2 summer school classes and counting before we move closer to the ocean!!!! lol
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

I was born and raised not too far from where you are now Marilyn. I was born in Phoenix, AZ, then we moved to Chandler, AZ where I lived most of my childhood through college. After college I moved to Ahwatukee (Southern part of Phoenix). About 8 years ago I came out to CA for work. Lived smack in the middle of Hollywood up until a few months ago, where I moved here to Orange County to be close to my wife's work. I love it here, because unlike LA, this area seems a lot like AZ where I grew up.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I was born in Southampton, NY and have lived in East Hampton, NY (Long Island) my entire life. I should also mention that Southampton is the closest town with a hospital (about 25 minutes away) SO...I have never lived anywhere else.

My parents, grandparents, sisters and inlaws have all lived here their entire lives too. Exciting people aren't we?!

DH would love to move out of state if I would agree. The cost of living here is ridiculous and the town is just unbearable in the summer but, I do not want to move. So, for now...we are staying right where we are.

Neat thread.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

i pretty much lived in the twin cities my whole life except.... when i was 4 my folks moved to iowa for about 9 months for my dads job and then.... i moved to las vegas for 6 months back in 2001 for a fresh start after a divorce. so the plan is to stay in mn till the kids finish school and then dh & i are planning on moving to fl
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

I was born and raised in Oregon. Having lived my entire life in Oregon, my feet are pretty much webbed! and I always have an umbrella near by. Just kidding. The beautiful summers here keep me here - and I try to remember them in the long rainy (not snowy) winters.

Post Thanks / Like

I was born in Brooklyn but we moved to Staten Island when I was a baby and I haven't left here yet
    I'm looking to move to Florida with DH

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I was mostly raised in Omaha, NE. My kids were born in NE and have lived here their whole lives. I love Nebraska. Love to travel but always want to call NE home..
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

I was born and raised in Ohioville, PA - a small rural community about 5 min from the PA - OH border, 15 min from WV, and about 1 hr northwest of Pittsburgh. I went to nursing at the Univ of Pittsburgh. I met DH while in college - I worked in the hardware dept of our local Sears store and he was a friend of a co-worker. We were married 14 years ago. He grew up in West Aliquippa, PA. We now live in Brighton Twp, PA - about 10 min from "home".

Great thread! Hey Marilyn, Ashland is about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs from me - you're right, it is a small world!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I was born and raised in Swoyersville, Pa. and moved to Allentown, Pa. for a year back in '88 for a job. Then moved back to my hometown, and still here.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, was an Air Force Brat. I was born in Ruislip, England. From there I lived in Germany; Orlando, FL (twice); Maryland (outside DC); Attleboro, MA; Colorado Springs, CO; San Bernardino, CA; and then back to North Attleboro, MA to finish my senior year of high school. Got married and moved to Dartmouth, MA. Moved to Charlottesville, VA in the summer of 2000 as DH switched jobs. And moved again (I hope the last time) to Ithaca, NY in August 2006 as DH switched jobs again.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Yo i was born in philly..and i know you lived there from your post. spending part of my childhoon in the city, we moved to south jersey and i never felt or needed to move away . as you must know there are lots of great people and places to live in this area .the rest of the country doesnt know so Shhhhhh.but we do still put out the bell for the tourists to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Born here in Wilmington DE and still havent left.Thought about other places to live but why leave the place I call home.
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Born and raised in Winston-Salem, NC. Military life has taken us to Jacksonville, NC, Indian Head, MD and now Okinawa, Japan.

I'm excited about the possibilities of where we might live in the future, and we have no idea where we might retire.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up on a farm in Los Angeles! We lived in the northern end of the San Fernando Valley (Sylmar) and had a small farm. My mom wanted to be a vet but her dad had said that was man's work, so she healed any animals brought to her (kind of like the witch in the woods in "Nine Lives of Thomasina"). We had chickens, ducks, geese, sheep, goats, a donkey, doves, rabbits, guinea pigs, snakes, chipmunks, birds, dogs, cats, a tame pig named Clem and from time to time: owls, possums, racoon... anything needing healing.

I spent my college years in Stockton, CA. I got married and moved to St. Louis, MO for 13 years, divorced and took a job in Roswell, GA with a company I used to work for in CA (they moved here after I moved to MO). I LOVE the south. I LOVE GA! Better weather than St. Louis and not as crowded as CA.
    "Guard the boat, mind the tide. Don't touch my dirt." Captain Jack Sparrow

CSR May '98
    POR May '02
    CBR June '06
    Next Trip... POFQ Sept '07
    Disneyland--too many times to count!

Post Thanks / Like

I was born in Britt, Iowa. Then we lived in Wesley, Iowa for about 8 years and then Algona, IA until I was 40. I met my DH on the internet, so I moved to Rochester, NY for a month before moving to Brampton, Ontario, where I'm at until March of '08
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've never lived more than 30 miles from where I live right now.

I was born in Roxborough, PA (which is an urban-ish suburb of Philly). We moved out to the "real" 'burbs when I was just about 6 and I've lived right around here my whole life.

In fact, even counting the little apartment my parents had for a few months after I was born, I've only had 6 different addresses my whole life.

Basically, I can count on one hand the number of friends or family members I have who don't live right around here. For some reason, Philly people tend to live where they were raised.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was born and raised in Lisbon Falls, Maine and lived in the same house all my life until I moved in with DH and we moved a whole 5 miles away to Bowdoin, Maine. We love our small town and are looking forward to our great big Moxie Day Festival coming up next weekend. I love living close enough to the coast that we can visit often but go home when there are alot of tourists. DH builds great big houses on the coast so he does not share the same enthusiasm for the beach as the rest of the family because he works there all day.
    I spent alot of time in Northern Maine on Moosehead Lake because my parents have a camp there. Watching Moose never gets old they are unbelievable creatures. As much as we love to visit other places we just could never leave our peaceful home in Maine, we love our four seasons and our wildlife. I must admit I could live without the gigantic mosquitos though.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

pogo Guest

Born in Rome, NY in the Mohawk Valley, moved to Camden, NY when I was eight. Joined the USAF in 1969, lived in Yokota, Japan, Vacaville, Ca. and moved back to Camden after my duty was over. Moved to Rochester, NY on July 3, 2000 and here I am. Stop in and say if your ever up here.

Great thread, Marilyn

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: