Quantcast Where We Weep At The World - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tears, Tears, Tears

My clencher is when I walked through the castle and saw those enormous mosaics of the Story of Cinderlla, who IMHO is the epitome of what every young girl hopes to be.

And I'll also have to go with the majority of beginning the walk down mainstreet and seeing the castle.
    Rachael

"Have faith in your dreams, and someday... your Rainbow will come shining through..."

06/06-OKW (FIRST TIME)

10/09-? (suggestions for 5)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I am going to add mine. My husband still teases me about this even now, but hey what can I say
    A little background - I come from a divorced home (I was 5 when they split) I spent part of my childhood with my mom and her parents and part of it with my Dad, stepmom and her kids. When I was 12 I got to come back to PA and live with my mom. I met my husband (celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary in April 08 ) but we have been together since I was 13 1/2 (21 years this October!!) Anyway - I never really got to do Family stuff becuase mom and dad were divorced- I went to the beach twice growing up with my Dad and Family and Kings Island once - Don't get me wrong they were great times but you know what I mean.

I have a DD now 17 and when she was 7 we got a chance to take our first vacation. Asked my husband what he wanted to do and he said you are such a huge Disney/Mickey fanatic we should go to WDW. I said yeah right. Well the next day I booked it and called him to tell him that I hoped he was serious. He said he was and within 6 weeks we were at WDW. We headed for the MK and eventually found ourselves in toontown. I didn't realize that after you toured Mickey's house that you could meet him but I knew that there was a line for something so we waited. When they took us behind that curtain I was so happy. DD was so excited she started dancing and spinning around. We spent a few minutes got our autographs pictures ect and then headed out the back through the garden. I just couldn't help it. I started crying. DD didn't understand -wanted to know what was wrong. DH just said I can't believe you are crying becuase you met Mickey - I explained that it wasn't just that - It was that I never thought in a million years that we'd ever come here let alone have such a wonderful time and the look on DD face - well I just can't explain it. It was priceless. He hates it when I tell people but when we were waiting for the bus to take us back to the airport DD had her new Minnie Mouse doll and was telling her not to worry that she had a nice room and other toys for her to be friends with and that we'd come back. She started crying as did I (again) I finally got her on the bus and calmed down only to look back and see DH with big ol tears running down his face. I still tease him about that. The picture that we got from the Judge's tent also showed my DH beaming - his face was lit up like a xmas tree so he can't say that he wasn't excited too!!

We have only been once but that was enough. I cry all the time especially now that we have 2 more kids (dd - almost 8 and ds - almost 6 ) We are taking our 2nd trip to WDW (their first) in 44 days and can't wait. The 2 youngest don't even know that we are going yet!!!! The big reveal is in about 2 weeks I am sure there will be tons of tears that day
    The music from the park cd makes me cry too!!! Ok now I need a

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so now I'm at work with tears in my eyes!

My sis and I get weepy at so many of these things! One thing that hasn't been mentioned thought is at MGM the Walt Disney: One Man's Dream attraction. As soon as Walt gets up there with his little pointer and starts explaining his plans, I just lose it! They have the same clip on the ME bus movie - same effect!

Also, anytime I hear "when you wish upon a star"
    "Paging Mr. Morrow...Mr. Tom Morrow...."

Guest: (pointing to Donald Duck) Is that a Midget, or a child dressed up?
    CM: Sir, that's just a very large duck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nancyjae View Post
    My weeping spot takes place in several different spots. Just a little background into my reasons...My parents have taken us on a Disney vacation since 1979. We have all grown into our own families (I have 4 siblings). Everyone is married and have kids. Sometimes it would be just a few of us, or at times it would be all of us. My parents have 5 children, 5 inlaws, and for the time I am referring to, 12 grandchildren.

We were at the MK May 2001. For some reason I wanted a picture of me and my dad sitting with the statue of Goofy by EH in the town square, and I wanted a Daddy - daughter lunch (I am the only girl, and at that time 39 yrs). I took my dad to Liberty Tree Tavern and after our meal we sat on the white rockers and just talked while waiting for the rest of our crew. At MGM, Indiana Jones was my father's FAVORITE attraction. He didn't mind (so he said) if we split up, but he wanted us all to meet up for 1 show of Indiana Jones. That was his only request.

My father passed away February of 2002 of a massive heart attack. To date, I cannot walk by those places without tears. Sometimes I will smile with a good memory but it still breaks my heart. My son will squeeze my hand and say "Mommy, I miss PopPop too!
    I tearing up for you!! That's so sweet, nancyjae!!!!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I am really enjoying this thread - and getting teary-eyed myself!

I always feel a little emotional when I walk down Main Street and see the castle. But I always tear up at Wishes.

But, my big emotional moment was when we brought my DS (14 months) to WDW for the first time. He was decked out in his Buzz Lightyear Sweatshirt (his favorite of all Disney characters). We met Buzz at Al's Toy Barn. While we stood in line my son was giggling and pointing at Buzz. When it was finally our turn Buzz pointed to the Buzz on his sweatshirt. My son leaned in and gave him a huge smile and a big kiss. The smile he had just brought tears of happiness to my eyes. Of course, I felt bad for Woody because when we were in line to get our picture with him, my son kept waving and pointing over to Buzz! I think it was one of the most memorable moments from our trip. We had debated going when he was so young and considered holding off for another year, but after this moment we realized we made the right decision!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Default On I-4

We're passholders and drive in from Tampa. I cry when my kids (DD - 4, DS - 3) see the giant Mickey Ears holding the power lines and start getting so excited. Then my DS sees the characters under the purple gateway and can't contain himself. Both kids yelling their hellos to the characters - mom and dad crying in the front seats, pretty pathetic.

Never cried before the kids (DH & I have been passholders for 11 years) but knowing my kids love WDW like we do, that its our family place and always will be....makes me cry. Both of their first hair cuts were on main street and they're getting so big!!!
    True Colors always does it for me too.

Then when we leave, to hear their sad good-byes to "Mickey" holding the powerlines..."until next time" my daughter says. (tears, tears, and more tears)
    Last edited by I <3 Mickey; 08-09-2007 at 03:10 PM. Reason: ending

Post Thanks / Like

We're all a bunch of goobers, and I love every one of you for it.

Post Thanks / Like

My places to well-up are:
    1. As we enter MK, as soon as I see the casttle for the first time.
    2. During SpectroMagic, that music just gets to me.
    3. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    4. Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage
    5. Cinderellabration
    Oh Well...
    Jenny 1976
    DVC-BLT-Members 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this thread is a big cryfest for me so when my DD asked what was wrong I was telling her about it and she had her list of teary moments but mine was we just got back less than a year ago and my DS13 at the time and my DD11 held my hand during Wishes the last night. It was a perfect vacation and I knew then that they were happy being there with their mother and I could not have dreamed of anywhere else I wanted to be.
    '89 Grand Floridian
    '89 Carribean Beach
    '93 Offsite :(
    '94 Day Trip
    '99 Wilderness Cabins
    2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    September 2008 Coronado Springs!!

We are looking to try them all!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOYMAN357 View Post
    I find myself crying weeks later when the Visa bill comes in..

That is SO funny!! Thankfully, I pay mine in cash (well, doing the payment plan they offer).

I can say I've never cried in Disney World. I'm guess I'm just not the emotional type. Silly how my screen name is Sniffles. (it was a pet's name years and years ago).
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

The 1st time our 5 yr old DD (she's 14 now) walked down Main St and saw the castle, I was a little overwhelmed and, I must admit, a little teary as I video-taped her reaction! I also have a ritual that I do each AM @ the WL. I go down to the dock just before sunrise, and have my coffee there so I can watch the sun come up! And let me tell you, it is a most wonderous thing to see. As a cancer survivor, I thank God for each day, and this has to be his way of saying "Your Welcome"!!!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I always get a little teary eyed when we walk down Main Street and see the Castle.

For some reason I get really emotional during Festival Of The Lion King in Animal Kingdom. I have no idea why. It just gets me every time.

There are moments with my kids when I get overly emotional too. Seeing the look on the boy's faces when they see their favorite rides. Watching my middle sons face when we walk up to POTC for our traditional first ride each trip. Seeing the look on the face of my little Princess when she sees her favorite characters.

Jeez, I guess I really fall apart on our trips.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I didn't cry during my trip but I came close a few times. The first time was when my boyfriend and I were walking toward the Welcome Center at the airport. I felt the magic right away - I was soo excited! My second time was at Magic Kingdom when my boyfriend I began walking down Main Street toward the castle. I was born and raised in California and I've been to Disneyland a million times, but the castle there was nothing compared to MK's. My jaw dropped when I saw it - pictures just don't do that thing justice! The last time (I would've really full on cried this time but I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it from my boyfriend, haha) was when we were on Magical Express leaving WDW to go back home. I hate that part!
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

I cry every time I enter MK and I look down main street and see the castle and then look at my kids who are also in awe of the view.

Post Thanks / Like

There have been several weepy magical moments. Walking down MS:USA and seeing the castle, the music that's played throughout Disney Property, seeing some of my favorite characters, etc.

When DH and I were getting ready in our room at ASMu for our first day heading towards the parks, I had the television on and had it on the Disney Top 7 show they play non stop, and it finally hit after all the months of planning and counting the days we were FINALLY at WDW. I started crying. I told my DH, "We're here! We're finally here!"
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

our first time to WDW with my two sons were 6 and 3 ..staying in the CR which at that time was only 1of 3 disney resorts. every morning the boys raced down the hall to press the elevator button ....this was a life and death contest. near the end of our trip the two started out for the button race when the older boy stopped in the middle of the hallway,waiting for me, letting his brother go on the win the race.the 6yo looked up to me and said"dad this is a boys dream come true" well im a grown man, my eyes welled up. i picked him up and we went on to the MK.even now after all these year i still well up seeing CR

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the castle and Wishes cry fest.

Know what makes me tear up? The very end of Mickey's Philharmagic when Mickey strikes up the band and plays the Mickey Mouse March. Can't help but think Walt would dig that.

I tear up at "Welcome, Foolish Mortals" in the Haunted Mansion as well.

I took my mom for her first trip two years ago and now she's unable to travel. This will be my first trip since and I'm sure I'll be adding to this list.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

I definately have a few spots that put some tears in my eyes, and most of them are repeats, but here goes(and since the next trip in 34 days is my honeymoon, I'm sure all of these will have even more meaning):

1. Watching my Dgf (in 34 days, my DW) cry during the Magic Kingdom opening on our first day. When she gets going, I cant help it either.
    2. Walking under that train station, and knowing its all about to start!
    3. Once the lap bar comes down on my first ride, Space Mountain!
    4. Watching Wishes on the first night.
    5. Walking out of the Magic Kingdom for the last time of the trip. It doesn't hit me until I take that last look at the castle from just infront of the train station!

And of course, random times during the trip when things happen.

34 DAYS, CAN'T WAIT!!!
    March 1996 - Dixie Landings
    March 2004 - Pop Century
    September 2007 - Honeymoon - AKL
    October 2008 - Family Trip - Coronado Springs
    Christmas 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    November 2012 - PO French Quarter
    September 2014 - Carribean Beach
    May 2015 - PO Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually cry but I get a lump in my throat when I see the castle. But the first time we took our DGDs and watched the show at the castle, the look on my DGD 3's face when she saw all of the princesses with her hands on each side of her face and her mouth open with awe was priceless! I had to cry at that. And when my DGS 3 saw Cinderella in the parade his first visit this year and he looked like he could eat her up, I got teary eyed, especially since he is a rough and tumble boy. Also when he rubbed noses with Mickey and looked like he had just died and gone to heaven. Those are the things that get me!
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm crying just reading all of these posts! My times have been during Wishes, watching my then 5YO DD during Cinderellabration, and of course, leaving MK, taking my last glance of the castle. I know there are other times, (I'm very emotional!) but I'm too emotional right now to think of them!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: