Quantcast Halloween Remake

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Halloween Remake

So they are remaking the original Halloween movie and it is actually coming out on August 31. At first I wasn't thrilled with the idea of them remaking this movie. Mostly because I really liked the original movie. I am still kind of on the bubble for this movie. The trailer looks good and Rob Zombie is the one who made it and I really enjoyed Devils Rejects and House of 1000 corpses. But not sure if he can manage to make this movie as good as the original or if not as good still enjoyable.

What do you all think?
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't know ANY actress that could out scream Jamie Lee Curtis.

The thing I wonder, has all the creativity been spent in Hollywood? All these remakes? What's up with this trend?
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I like Rob Zombie's movies, too, but I agree. Why a remake? I was pretty disappointed because I expect something more original out of him.

But that being said, I'll probably see it on dvd. I love Halloween so I am interested but probably not enough to see it at the movies.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, that one really scared me. Even though they do have more of a backstory, I'm really sickened by the fact they show the young boy dissecting a live rat. Ew. I'm gonna wait for DVD on this one.
    Going back May '08.

My likes-POTC, Haunted Mansion, Muppets 3D

Looking forward to-Simpsons, Star Tours 2, Harry Potter, visiting Tokyo Disneyland and USJ!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been much of a Rob Zombie fan for the past few years (i thought 1000 corpses was weak). I figure I'll give him another chance with Halloween. I know he actually cares alot about the original so he should do it justice.

The fact that Danielle Harris has a role in the movie is also a good sign.
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

All I have to say is this... my friend is a Halloween FREAK! He owns all the movies, knows every actor who has ever played Michael Myers and goes to horror conventions just to meet the actors. If there was anyone who you would think wouldn't want this movie to be remade, it would be him. Yet he is ridiculously excited. I had zero interest in Rob Zombie's other films simply from the trailors, but I happen to think this trailer looks AMAZING. While I agree that there are too many re-makes, I think that this will be cool and won't overshadow the original, but stand beside it.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

the original is one of my all time favorite movies. so i have got to see this one to see how it compares. i have been reading stuff about this movie for months. looking foward to it!!!!
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure how I feel about this remake. The Original Halloween is my all time favorite Horror movie. I did not like Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses at all and since I didnt like that one I didnt bother watching The Devil's Rejects. I saw the trailer for it and it does look pretty good but am still undecided about it because Rob Zombie remade it
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Going to have to put my miserable head on here.

What is it with all these remakes? It's bad enough that most music nowadays is a cover version or someone sampling and putting their name to it but it seems we have more and more remakes of classic films.

Is no one bothered anymore to do anything new?

Post Thanks / Like

I was dissapointed. The movie is basically 2 acts. The first act shows Michael Myers as a child- what his family life and childhood was like and his first murders. The second act is like a sped up version of the original, with hardly any character development. I was getting into the first half but Zombie lost me in the 2nd. This movie is getting universally panned....
    If any of you are (original) Dawn of the Dead fans, Ken Foree (Peter) makes a small appearance after Michael escapes and provides some of the best acting.
    However, I would wait for DVD on this one...
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't know ANY actress that could out scream Jamie Lee Curtis.

The thing I wonder, has all the creativity been spent in Hollywood? All these remakes? What's up with this trend?

I agree 100% on both counts.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: