Quantcast A day away from Disney? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: A day away from Disney?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sea World

37 33.64%
  • Universal

30 27.27%
  • Stay in the World

43 39.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink non-disney day

Last January we had a really good day
    at Islands of Adventure. A little something
    for everyone. Jurassic Park, Dr Seuss,
    and everyone loved Spiderman!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Sea World, we always have a great time there and my kids love it. We usually go to Disney during Value season, so the crowd at Sea World was quite managable,pretty low. In fact, we never waited in line for anything and had great seats at all the show. The shows are great and not to miss.
    We also love to do the "Dinner with Shamu" it is a very unique one of a kind experience and the food is great(buffet) style with an adult one and one loaded with kiddie favs.Best Ceaser salad I've ever had. My two were bug eyed and practically speechless at getting to dine with not 1 but 2 Shamu's literally inches away. The private and up close show was very much worth it.We do the early dinner seating.
    Mine also love the exhibit where they get to feed fish to the dolphins,also a one of a kind experience.
    Our last trip we did not venture off site and my two really missed Sea World Day, so I think we will be adding it back next trip.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

Stay! My sister did a certain theme park rhyming with" shurmiversal" in April, and didn't really like it. And as for Sea World, you can get it back it your town. It's called an aquarium. Granted, Shamu rocks my socks, but beyond that and the sea lions, not too much.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Florida offers many wonderful things to visitors. I would definitely take an opportunity to visit another park when you're down there if you think you have time. If you need a Disney fix, you can always stop at DTD on the way back to your hotel. I haven't been to Universal but it looks like a lot of fun. I have been to Sea World and enjoyed it very much.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Disney in October, 2006 and took one day to do Sea World. My kids (ages 4 & 7) LOVED it!! When we watched the Sea Lion show, my 7 year-old's cheeks hurt so much from laughing!!! We thought it was a nice break from Disney. We would definately do Sea World again. There's a lot to see and do there and it wasn't crowded at all in October. We really had a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love Disney World, there's nothing wrong with a little break in the middle of your vacation. Out of the choices you mentioned, I would definitely choose Sea World, especially if you don't have one of their parks near you. We love the shows (especially Clyde and Seamore, the sea lions) and even if you have to get there a bit early to see them, it's a good way to cool off on a hot day. Plus they do havea couple of thrill rides, Kraken and Journey to Atlantis.

A day at the beach (preferrably in the calmer waters of the Gulf) would also be a good option, as mentioned previously. Very relaxing.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't spend every day of my vacations at WDW.... Believe it or not, I do travel off property.... If I am going to leave property, it is usually to go to Universal Studios...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I chose Universal,
    This is probably due to the fact that I have never yet left the World while I was there, I think universal does have some things to offer, and when we go in 09, they should have Harry Potter done and I LOVE Harry Potter...so I might just have to do that, although I'd rather add an extra day to accomidate that than cut my DW experiance short.
    Rachael

"Have faith in your dreams, and someday... your Rainbow will come shining through..."

06/06-OKW (FIRST TIME)

10/09-? (suggestions for 5)

Post Thanks / Like

Its good to get a change we always visit as many parks in Florida .... Seaworld as its a family you have would probably be the best choice inmy view followed closely by Island of Adventure

Post Thanks / Like

SPORTSGUY2315: There are many of us that do not live near an Acquarium so Sea World is a fun park for us. I f we lived near one that we visited often, then of course Sea World would not be on our list.

If my kids had to choose between Animal Kingdom and Sea World, they would choose Sea World every time and I agree with them. With the exception of the Dinasaur ride, we always have much more enjoyable day and get to do way more stuff at Sea World than we ever have at AK.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bkfree View Post
    I voted for Sea World, we always have a great time there and my kids love it. We usually go to Disney during Value season, so the crowd at Sea World was quite managable,pretty low. In fact, we never waited in line for anything and had great seats at all the show. The shows are great and not to miss.
    We also love to do the "Dinner with Shamu" it is a very unique one of a kind experience and the food is great(buffet) style with an adult one and one loaded with kiddie favs.Best Ceaser salad I've ever had. My two were bug eyed and practically speechless at getting to dine with not 1 but 2 Shamu's literally inches away. The private and up close show was very much worth it.We do the early dinner seating.
    Mine also love the exhibit where they get to feed fish to the dolphins,also a one of a kind experience.
    Our last trip we did not venture off site and my two really missed Sea World Day, so I think we will be adding it back next trip.
    Can you tell me more about feeding the dophins? Is this extra?

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody probably said this already but...

What going to Discovery Cove and signing up for a dolphin encounter?

And my family absolutely loves SeaWorld. It's not the shows, it's the opportunity to get up close and personal with the animals. (Dolphin feeding, ray petting area, shark feeding)

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

It is extra to buy fish to feed the dolphins ($3 a tray, I think) but not extra to go into the dolphin feeding area. It has a wall that is about 4 feet high and you can reach over the wall to feed the dolphins. They come up to you and take the food out of your hand.

If you go to Discovery Cove, you can swim with a dolphin and the dolphin's trainer.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: