Quantcast Need some Pixie Dust for puppy - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The vet said he'd call if she has another one, and they didn't get a call today! Hopefully is seizure free for good! If she doesn't have anymore, it must have been the spray. If anyone is wanting to know the name, its Adam's Flea and Tick Spray.

I keep picturing her having the seizure in my mind. I think about it a lot. It was very scary. I also feel somewhat guilty, since she was at my house when they happened. I know my friend feels guilty for spraying her, but there's no way we could have known it was going to cause seizures, since she's only had one before.

She is a very cute dog. She is a little older, maybe 7, but hopefully she doesn't have epilepsy or anything.

Here's to hoping its just the spray and she's good as new now! Thanks everyone for your concern.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, here's an update on little Angie.

I picked my my friend and we went straight to the vet from the airport. NO SEIZURES!!

Since she was washed and hasn't had a seizure since, the vet is thinking it was the flea spray. If she has another one, they will do blood tests to make sure its not something else or accidental poisoning somehow. She was scared when we got her at first, but she has turned out to be quite the frisky thing today. She was clingy to both of us. I was on my friend's computer, and she ran in to sit with me! She NEVER leaves her 'mom's' side! We must have bonded, and she's thanking me for taking care of her.

Thanks for everyone's concern. Keep sending puppy pixie dust that she doesn't have any more!!
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Well, little Angie had a seizure a little before 3am Tuesday morning. My friend said it was long, and followed the same pattern as the last three. They called the vet, and tried to figure out if the was in contact with any chemicals. The only thing they can think of that is new, is that my friend was painting her new house and had some sheets with paint on them. They washed them, but when they aren't home, they keep the dogs in the laundry room (plenty of room for them in there). The vet things that the fumes were in the room, and possibly caused her to have the seizure. The vet is also thinking that she may be having them while no one is at home, but I find it VERY hard to believe, since she tends to lose some control of her bladder, and foams a great deal at the mouth, there would be evidence of a seizure upon return home.

Then, she has another one at about 10:15 pm, just about 2 hours ago. Then, an hour later, her head twitched and she foamed at the mouth, but that only lasted a few seconds, she said. She is taking her in tomorrow morning as early as possible, unless she has another between now and then. If she does, she will take her to the emergency vet (I'm going to make her). She doesn't have much money, since she bought a brand new house, so I am going to help her with the bills.

I have been reading and researching seizure activity in dogs. There is epilepsy, which seems to be the most common cause. Others include liver and renal disorders, blood sugar problems, tumors (brain and pancreas), toxins, and other things. Diet is a factor for some.

What I find strange, is they all occur at night, while in bed. I can't find anything on this special sign/symptom. My nursing experience gives me very little to go on. To me, what happens at night that can cause a lot of problems, sleep apnea. I mean, there's nothing that can really be done for dogs (they don't make puppy Bi-pap!). It is a hunch I have, because, a lot of people have sleep apnea and don't even know it, and it causes so many other health problems, they are usually being treated for side effects, rather than the real problem.

I don't know. I just know my best friend is in utter ruin over this. She just bought a new house and all the stress over that, now her precious Angie is sick, she can't really handle it well. Another thing could be stress related, but that would happen while awake, wouldn't it, instead of asleep.

I don't know. I'm very concerned for Angie and my friend, plus it makes me worry about my dog, and how I would just hate it if she had something like this happen.

Please, send your pixie dust to us. It worked the last time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending more Angie's way... I was really hoping she'd turn out to be just fine, and it would just be the spray. Please let her know we are all thinking of her and her "puppy"....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, God bless Angie and her family. Our old Bassett, Bentley has been battling Valley Fever for a year now, and it scares me everytime he has trouble breathing. I know how much we love our pets, and it's just agonizing when they're sick.

Keep us posted.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep us posted. It is a scary thing. My Grandmother had a dog that had seizures a long time ago- I wish I could remember more for you other than the fact that he had them.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

She has had a few more seizures since my post last night. She was taken to the vet to have blood work done in the morning, had another one, and is now staying with the vet. I researched all night for her and I told her she needs to be medicated NOW, no matter what the blood tests say, but the vet won't do it. I think its time for a new vet, but that is just my opinion. She knows it, so, what she does with it all is her choice.

Please continue to send pixie dust. She is thinking of canceling our trip to Paris in December over all this. I hope it doesn't come to that, as I've been excited about it for many months now.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the for the poor furball. Let's hope they find the bug fast!
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

While I was at work last night, they got results from the blood tests and she doesn't have any organ problem that they can see. They determined she has epilepsy. They started her on phenobarbitol last night. When I researched, I told her it can take a month to get a therapeutic effect. Well, she was doing so well until she started to go to sleep, where she had two. The last one, she was not coming out of it as quickly as she usually does, and had some mobility problems. They took her to an all night vet clinic, and the vet started her on IV phenobarbitol to rapidly increase her levels. She left her there last night and got some rest.

She picked her up this morning, highly drugged, but that is a MUCH better state than the seizures. She is falling down d/t the effects, but we'd much rather know that her body its trying to work with the phenobarbitol than her body decompensating with seizures. The vet at the clinic said that it could be a brain issue, as she seems to have them while sleeping, when the brain is relaxing. It might be that stress and sleep deprivation triggers them. No one will know. Even if there is a brain issue, finding it out for sure won't change anything, and treatments are not possible. I know of a few people who will wake up in the middle of the night and have a seizure, so its not highly uncommon.

Little Angie is home again, highly doped up. Hopefully this will help stop, or reduce her seizures. Let's hope that she is seizure free today!!

Post Thanks / Like

tons more puppy pixie for angie. I hope that the meds work quickly for her. I'm glad they finally got a diagnosis for her not knowing what is going on can be so scarey.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was told that we went our first night being seizure free!!! This is the first night in like 3 that we haven't had a seizure! That is big now!

She is still very uncoordinated, but that will wear off as the body is absorbing the medication and it reaching therapeutic levels.

More pixie dust is wanted, so we can keep her seizure free!

Post Thanks / Like

Poor dog! I'm so sorry for all you've been through together. My pug has had occasional seizures and it's always scary. He had a surgery to correct his breathing and he is doing much better since then. You've been a great advocate for Angie and that she continues to thrive seizure-free.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

TONS of dust for Angie. I also have a small dog who DH and I just love to death. We had a close week with him after we were gone for the day in IN for the birth of my newphew. We came home and he had vomitted all over. We had to take him the emergency vet that night and to the vet again a couple of days later. He would not eat for a week, was very weak and all he wanted to do is sleep on my lap. Vet finally said he had to be force fed (wet dog food made in to a broth) and he started feeling better. Vet thinks he just upset his stomach while we were gone (thinks he over ate) It was a close 5 days where we thought he was a goner...but luckily he came through and is a very active puppy.
    I hope Angie starts getting back to normal soon!
    Jan 1991--Off-site Condo
    Jan 1995--Off-Site Condo
    April 1998- Off-site & Dixie Landings
    Sept 2007- CBR (1st trip with husband...make that BWI...just upgraded 06/06/07...YEAH!!!
    )

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: