Quantcast Bruce Springsteen still rocks! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We got our tickets!!! Actually we got A LOT of tickets. I was shocked. My brother had many friends who wanted to go so he got a bracelet and bought tickets at the box office this morning, and I was stationed at the computer. We were both successful. Comcast Tix seems much more efficient than Ticketmaster, although their surcharges are a bit higher.
    They did add a 2nd Philly show. We have tickets for both although I think I will only go the one night and sell my ticket to someone else for the 2nd depending on my money situation. We shall see!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bruce Springsteen still rocks!

I was able to see Bruuuuuce Springsteen last night in a charity rehersal concert in good old Convention Hall in Asbury Park, NJ last night and he rocked. Sorry I am a huge fan. For non fans, Bruce turned 58 Sept. 23rd and he was great!!! Just had to shout it out.

Post Thanks / Like

He is awesome in concert. I have seen him a few times. I grew up in Freehold, his hometown and he sang at the elementary school a few years back. I went to the same Catholic school that he went to, and I was able to attend the concert. Less than 1,000 people in a school gym. Amazing!! I will never forget it! Every time I listen to My Hometown, I know exactly what and where he is referring to.
    Off-Site 1989
    Carribean Beach 2001
    Port Orleans 2004
    POP Nov 2007
    House Rental for 7 nights/Port Orleans for 5 nights Aug 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished listening to "Magic." I had to wait almost an hour to finally start because of the baseball game.

Anyway, it's 1:45 a.m., and I'm too tired to post my impressions, but I'm bumping this thread.

What do people think? The reviews have mostly been positive, but "Rolling Stone" loves Springsteen more than ESPN loves the Red Sox.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I just received Magic in the mail today.... Listened to the entire CD.... loved it... I thought it was a very good CD.... Not one of his best, but still awesome enough to listen to it when nothing is on TV....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't had much of a chance to listen to it yet... hope to do so soon as I'm going to the show on Sat. I have to retract my earlier statements about comcasttix. apparently there was a "glitch" in the system and my bro and I were allowed to purchase too many tickets. So most of our tickets that were legitimately bought for our friends, not to scalp, were taken away from us. On top of that, comcast has not even refunded my card the full amount that is due to me. I have only received $150 back on my visa of a $320 purchase... the balance seems to have been refunded to some mystery mastercard and I'm not getting any straight answers.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your favorite song from Springsteen's Magic??

While I like Radio Nowhere, it kind of grows on you, I really like Long Walk Home, Living in the Future, and Girls in their Summer Clothes.

This is a good CD, one the few I can listen to all the way through, without hitting the skip button at least once.

A Springsteen concert is most definitely on my to do list, really hoping for a summer '08 tour, have never experienced Bruce live!
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

Post Thanks / Like

I am in LOVE with this album! I think my favorite track is "I'll Work for Your Love" followed by "Radio Nowhere."
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Long Walk Home is my favourite at the moment. Radio Nowhere is my current ringtone and also Like Living In The Future & Devil's Arcade.

This album grows on you more and more and I can't wait to see him in London in December.

Post Thanks / Like

"You'll Be Comin' Down" is probably my favorite track on the new album because it's so melodic--it reminds me of "Lucky Town". I love when Bruce really lets his voice shine because he can really sing, and he doesn't always have to let the incredible band do all the work.

"I'll Work For Your Love" is possibly Bruce's most mature love song, and it's strong enough phonetically to fit on "Born to Run".

I think "Livin' in the Future" is the one instant classic from the album.

From what I hear, "Long Walk Home" is the big emotional crowd-pleaser at all the shows so far. My father and brother caught one at Madison Square Garden last week.

Apparently, Springsteen is launching a huge summer stadium tour in the summer after he finishes with the smaller arenas. Trust me, the current dates are just the beginning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Apparently, Springsteen is launching a huge summer stadium tour in the summer after he finishes with the smaller arenas. Trust me, the current dates are just the beginning.
    If he comes out this way we should go!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    If he comes out this way we should go!
    You won't have to convince me. We'll talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bruuuuuuuuccceeee!

Rock song of the year...Radio Nowhere! I am somewhat of a Springsteen newbie, but I took DW to a theatre showing of a concert he did in Barcelona in 2002, and was hooked!!

Just picked up the 30th anniversary CD of Born to Run...I cannot believe I missed out on this when i was younger, oh well...better late than never. I must get to a concert someday!
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME to the Wonderful World of Springsteen!!! You are just scratching the surface my friend. I have been a AVID follower of Bruce for almost 30 years. If I can help you out with any recommendations let me know. If you can get to one of his shows, even better. He will be in Giants Stadium over the summer. Tickets should be readily available. While stadium shows are not ideal (arena's w/Bruce are the best), his stadium shows are still awesome. I would highly recommend Darkness on the Edge of Town, The River, and my personal favorite The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Springsteen country. A lot of celebrities live within about a 10 mile radius of my house, including Springsteen. Bon Jovi lives nearby too, as does Queen Latifah. My Sister-in-law almost ran into Geraldo's car in a parking lot. If you live in this area long enough, you have an excellent chance of having a Bruce sighting. I had mine about five years ago. I've heard that he's great live, and I know that he's very good in general, but we're not big fans at our house.

One time we traveled to Canada and when we were driving through a shopping center with our windows rolled down a Bruce song came on the radio. We immediately changed it in order to dispel the myth that all people from NJ only listen to Springsteen (or Sinatra, for that matter).
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Bruuuuce My DH and I have been fans of Bruce for a long time. We were able to see his rehersal concert at good old convention hall in Asbury Park, NJ and he still rocks. We look forward to seeing him this summer!! You have got to see Bruce in concert- he's great.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on going to his concert in Amsterdam in June! I hope I can save up the money to buy a ticket, 'cause boy the Boss ain't cheap

I loved his acoustic albums the most, Nebraska and the Ghost of Tom Joad are seminal albums and I know that he will mostly be rocking with the E-street Band but that would be great!

It is also fun to see both Silvio (or Steve van Zandt ) and Max Weinberg from Conan on stage with Bruce
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008