Quantcast Lots of Tonga toast talk..anyone NOT like it? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tundramom View Post
    I did not like it . I don't do bananas, so I asked if I get another fruit in it instead- as some posters in the past have claimed. They said no, so I got plain, it was oozing oil. Think undercooked french toast soaked in vegetable oil and dusted with powdered sugar. I was the rest of the day.
    That has got to be the worst description of Tonga toast that I ever read!!! Ooozing oil. That did me in! Maybe I won't try it after all! Perhaps those macadamia nut pancakes are more to my liking. If you put Ooozing and oil together in a sentence., well, I'm over it.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

ew Oozing oil...ooze, makes me think of pus or TMNT. haha.
    Anyway. i'm very intrigued by them. I'm eating at Kona for dinner thoughh. I'm not a big breakfast person (by that I mean eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc...) I prefer a yogurt and banana, or a vitatop (this uber-healthy and yummy muffin top). Whenever I eat pancakes I just want to be lazy all day. (Although they are delicious at 3 am after a night of and ). Luckily I convinced my DBF to only go to 1 bf (actually it's more like he begged me so he can get mickey waffles), so it's CP over Kona. However I might just run into Captian Cooks to get Tonga Toast to go (plus pay $5 instead of $8!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, that's my reaction to everyone's dissenting opinions on the Tonga Toast. Shocking!

Just joking.

Honestly, not everything is for everyone and if you don't have a really sweet tooth (like me), you might not like it. However, I do want to point out that you are getting a lot of negative opinions because that's what you asked for. There are probably a lot more people who are of positive opinions how are not posting about it. But to each his own. For me? I can't wait to sink my teach and bless my tongue with this sweet delicacy. Pure bliss!

I do want to state that I think the "oozing in oil" comment is not accurate. It is fried in oil, but I think oozing is a more than an exageration... at least for normal Tonga Toast.
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're going to do some sharing instead on Thanksgiving morning! From the descriptions, I don't know that I can handle the Tonga toast by myself. It sounds like I'll feel like a beached whale afterwards! My tiny little 13 year old daughter, well she probably can, and says she thinks it sounds like heaven. Sooo...she can get it, and I'll get those macadamia nut pancakes! Hopefully the best of both worlds!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

We tried Tonga Toast this past August for the first time. I was very skeptical at first because I am not a huge fan of bananas but.....intercotees sang its praises so I gave it a try.. We LOVED it! It was delicious. Especially if you enjoy french toast I think that you will enjoy it! I really liked in and I wish that I could have some right now!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Pluto View Post

Sorry, that's my reaction to everyone's dissenting opinions on the Tonga Toast. Shocking!

Just joking.

Honestly, not everything is for everyone and if you don't have a really sweet tooth (like me), you might not like it. However, I do want to point out that you are getting a lot of negative opinions because that's what you asked for. There are probably a lot more people who are of positive opinions how are not posting about it. But to each his own. For me? I can't wait to sink my teach and bless my tongue with this sweet delicacy. Pure bliss!

I do want to state that I think the "oozing in oil" comment is not accurate. It is fried in oil, but I think oozing is a more than an exageration... at least for normal Tonga Toast.

I totally agree! I was not going to post because the OP wanted negative posts. But I decided to jump in when people started to keep score. I love Tonga Toast! It was wonderful when I got to taste it in Aug once again. And I also agree it does NOT ooze with oil.
    Princess 1 - 19yo
    Princess 2 - 12 yo (my baby is growing up)
    Poor Dad is out numbered! Even our dog is a female!
    Missing my happy place so much.

6/09,8/07,2/02,11/99 - Poly
    prev trips - Dixie Landings & CR
    Read my trip report for August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to read this thread because I too have a breakfast ADR for Kona in January. I have heard so many wonderful things about Tonga toast....well until I read this thread... ooozing oil....

That aside, I think I would be still all about trying it if it wasn't so darn big!

I looked at pictures and it is huge! I don't really eat alot in the morning, usually a pancake or two does me in. I just wish they had a smaller version

Anywho, that was really my deciding factor and something you might want to consider as well. How much can you stomach in the morning?
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with mrp4352 that you need the bacon to cut the sweetness, and I always order mine without the bananas. They started serving Tonga Toast years ago at the Tangaroa Terrace, tried it with bananas, hated it, and have had it plain since. I really like it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just had Tonga Toast for the first time, last week. I had it on Tuesday morning at the Kona Cafe and it was so delicious , that I had to have it on Wednesday at Captain Cooks!

Neither one of the meals were greasy - both pieces were perfectly done.
    - DisneyLuvRSince76 -

Contemporary: 1976, 1979,1980, 1982
    Disney Inn: 1985, 1986
    Polynesian: 1976-1992 (every year), 1995, 2002, 2007
    Yacht Club: April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

For me, no trip to WDW is no complete UNLESS we stop at the Kona for breakfast and have Tonga Toast.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I would like the Tonga Toast, but OMG it was the worst. I couldn't get past the explosion of grease that had soaked into the bread. Our waitress was nice enough to let me trade for another meal. I am generally not real picky, but, honestly, it is the only meal I have ever sent back in my entire life.

But you might like it...
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV