Quantcast Resort hoppers! Is this insane?? Please help with plan.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resort hoppers! Is this insane?? Please help with plan.

We are coming Thanksgiving week, for 9 nites now. We are splitting our stay between the CR for the first part, then the Poly. Our schedule changed and we are coming a nite sooner. CR is no longer available for me to add an extra nite. POR is. With the room only special, its a great price. However, that would be 3 resorts in 9 nights! Woo. That sounds nuts to me. Should I just add the one night at POR and continue with the rest of our stay as planned...OR extend it to two nights, taking a night away at the CR..saving money and having a little more time at POR. We've never stayed at a mod before. I'm very interested to try it. Please help!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

POR is worth an extra day of exploration....
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Por

I'd probably opt to stay at POR for the first half and then switch to Poly. It's gotta save you money too. To me the room switch is not an option I just don't want the hassle, but I still give my opinion for people's situations on what I'd do if put in that spot. Well good luck and no matter where you stay in Disney, it's all good!!
    -Marcy-
    Mom to: Katina Ann "TiTi" & Adrianna Jacey "AJ"

DLR/ Summer of 1988

7/26 - 8/2 2003- Off Site
    7/2 - 7/9 2006- CBR Jamacia
    11/21 - 12/1 2007- CBR Martinique
    11/18 - 11/28 2009- Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I found myself in this same situation this past Feb. We had originally booked WL for 6 nights and knew we were coming in really late the night before our first night at WL. I booked a room at Pop Centry just to make sure we had a place to sleep and something that wasn't too expensive since we didn't arrive until around midnight (WL was also no longer available for that night). Then we decided to stay one more night at the end of our trip and WL was not available so we booked one night at Shades of Green, which was great because I had always wanted to try it out, but was worried we wouldn't like it and be stuck there for a whole week. One night is all I needed to know that this is not the place for us. Then about 2 days before we left we decided to add yet another night and Shades of green wasn't available for that night either. We booked the only room we could find on Disney Property, the Swan resort. So for our 9 night stay we ended up staying at 4 different resorts. Would I do it again, NO!! It was a bit of a hassel and is not something I'd do again, but I am glad we did it that time. After all extra nights in disney is pretty much worth any hassel in my book. Plus we were able to get a glimps of other resorts that we might have never tried. For instance, now I know that if I ever stay at a value again we will stay at Pop Centry because we prefered it much more than the All Stars we've stayed at before. I now know that unless it's our only option I would not stay at SoG again because service was just too slow and the bus situation is not to our likeing. The Swan resort is a place I'd love to stay at in the future. While it doesn't have all the on site perks it was in a great location and although we paid $300 for that one night in Feb. we now know that we could get great military rates there and stay in that area of WDW for a fraction of the cost of the other Epcot resorts. Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to tell you that while I wouldn't do it again, it is a great way to get a small taste of what other resorts have to offer. You never know, you may find your new favorite resort!!!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you are not doing the magic your way where you include your tickets with the room? Because the main disadvantage to switching resorts is that it makes your park tickets much more expensive. I spend one night at a value on the first night just for fun (my kids love Herbie at ASM) variety and to save a little money. I don't get all settled in the resorts so to me changing resorts is fine, but consider the time it takes to recheck in each time. I'm sure it will be fun whatever you do!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I found myself in this same situation this past Feb. We had originally booked WL for 6 nights and knew we were coming in really late the night before our first night at WL. I booked a room at Pop Centry just to make sure we had a place to sleep and something that wasn't too expensive since we didn't arrive until around midnight (WL was also no longer available for that night). Then we decided to stay one more night at the end of our trip and WL was not available so we booked one night at Shades of Green, which was great because I had always wanted to try it out, but was worried we wouldn't like it and be stuck there for a whole week. One night is all I needed to know that this is not the place for us. Then about 2 days before we left we decided to add yet another night and Shades of green wasn't available for that night either. We booked the only room we could find on Disney Property, the Swan resort. So for our 9 night stay we ended up staying at 4 different resorts. Would I do it again, NO!! It was a bit of a hassel and is not something I'd do again, but I am glad we did it that time. After all extra nights in disney is pretty much worth any hassel in my book. Plus we were able to get a glimps of other resorts that we might have never tried. For instance, now I know that if I ever stay at a value again we will stay at Pop Centry because we prefered it much more than the All Stars we've stayed at before. I now know that unless it's our only option I would not stay at SoG again because service was just too slow and the bus situation is not to our likeing. The Swan resort is a place I'd love to stay at in the future. While it doesn't have all the on site perks it was in a great location and although we paid $300 for that one night in Feb. we now know that we could get great military rates there and stay in that area of WDW for a fraction of the cost of the other Epcot resorts. Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to tell you that while I wouldn't do it again, it is a great way to get a small taste of what other resorts have to offer. You never know, you may find your new favorite resort!!!!
    Wow. I thought asking about 3 resorts in a nine night stay was over the top. Actually, I was reassured by your post. Sometimes I fanagle these trips so much, tweaking here and there, adding this, adding that, that things become more complicated. I'm excited to arrive one night sooner, and we will be arriving in the evening, because we will wake up fresh the next day to start our trip! Sooo..who thinks the one night at POR will do it, or does it make it more relaxed to extend that stay, and take away a night at CR???
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

I would extend the stay at POR...it seems like too much moving around and you wont be able to relax as much. Then you'll be able to really get a feel for POR as well. That's just my opinion. Goodluck with your planning!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would not extend the stay at Riverside. You'll be able to judge how POR handles check-in, condition of the room and the food court in the morning (which I think is the best time to judge how a food court is run) based off of an one night stay. I am in the minority as I am not a fan of Port Orleans Riverside and I gave them a second chance (an extended stay).
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

If you stay at POR, know that the food court in the FQ is MUCH, MUCH BETTER.
    We were in AB for a week in late August/September, and drove to the other side several times to eat and swim. (It was a hassle to walk or take a boat.)
    They make the food to order. (And happily complied for special requests. Riverside looks like it sat forever.) Kids loved the cheeseburgers and Phillie cheesesteaks. I thought the marinated, grilled chicken sandwich was great. We didn't care for the Italian station.
    Also know, the Boatwrights' dinner menu has changed. I was disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

We did a 3 resort hop over 10 nights during our last stay....Nick Hotel - POFQ - POLY. It was fun but crazy. I'm glad that we did it but we probably won't don't it again. That being said, I would do two nights at POR. It would give you a chance to really experience that resort. I've stayed at a lot of places for one night and you really can't truly experience the hotel/resort in that amount of time. Since you are already staying one night, why not extend it to two. Like you said, you'll be saving money in the long run and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the Disney resorts. We stayed at the Nick Hotel for the first two nights of our trip and that was more then enough time to get the full experience of that place!
    Next trip...Fall 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at multiple resorts on previous trips and this year we plan to stay at WL, AKL and BC. I love doing this, since it lets you experience the different resorts. Moving from one resort to the next is a breeze. Bell service takes care of transporting everything to your next resort and all you have to do is show up and check in later in the day.
    șoș Janice șoș

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for 1000. Any volunteers?

1971 - Day Trip
    1977 - Off Site
    1981 - CR
    1985 - Ft. Wilderness
    1991 - CR & CBR
    1997 - CBR
    2000 - Ft. Wilderness & BC
    2007 - WL, AKL & BC in Dec.

Post Thanks / Like

You're not crazy. my Husban and I and the DD 19 mos, Hopped 3 resorts just to try some of them, we did 2 nights at AKL, 2 nights at WL and 2 nights offdsite. it was fine, and Disney will move your bags for you
    Former DVC Memebers at BCV
    Offsite Jan 2001
    OKW Feb 2003
    WL & AKL OCT 2003
    Coronado Springs Aug 2004
    FW cabins & OKW April 2004
    Dinsey's Hilton Head Sept 2004
    All Star Music OCT 2004
    Disney's Hilton Head May 2005
    BCV November 2005
    Saratoga Springs April of 2006
    Offsite Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michelle and warren View Post
    You're not crazy. my Husban and I and the DD 19 mos, Hopped 3 resorts just to try some of them, we did 2 nights at AKL, 2 nights at WL and 2 nights offdsite. it was fine, and Disney will move your bags for you
    Well, its official. We be hoppin' too!
    We're doing 3 nites POR water view, 3 nites CR tower MK view, and 3 nites Poly lagoon view concierge level to end our trip. I'm actually really excited. That means 2 new resorts for us. The first 2 resorts are on the Nov-Dec room only special so we got great rates. The last 3 nites are costing a silly bundle, but OK, I'll deal with that, because I love my Poly. At least the whole trip is not costing us a silly bundle!! So...POR and CR here we come! Its like a resort sampler, and IMO each resort gets a little better. So Michelle and Warren, you made me feel lots better with your above post because you sounded so relaxed about your hopping experience. I didn't request anything special at POR or CR, except a central location for POR, and no special requests for CR. Any more advice from anyone? Thanks fellow intercotees!
    Lisa

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: