Quantcast Pop

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Pop

I just came back from wdw and i stayed at pop.
    The service was ok,but the bus lines were unbelivable.
    they had one bus for each park and me and my family only got to sit down 3 times.
    They need alot more busses.
    Once i counted 7 coronado springs busses that had 5 ppl in it for every one of our busses. i do not recommend this resort durring busy times.
    we are never staying there again
    Why is the rum always gone...
    Oh, thats why.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

I Also Just Returned From Pop
    And Found It To Be Typical In Disney Bus Transportation. Its Always Hit Or Miss
    With The Buses. I Only Had One Time Where It Was Way Too Crowded This Trip. I Too Stayed At Coronado And Found It Similar In Bus Transport.
    Again, Its Really Hit Or Miss.
    This Resorts Service Isnt Anywhere Near
    5 Star Of Luxury - But I Find The Grounds, Food And Room Way Above Average. I Really Like This Hotel For Family Of Young Children ( As We Are).
    It Fits All Our Needs.
    Give Pop Another Chance-

Post Thanks / Like

We were staying there in September and the lines were hundreds long. We only took one bus to or from Pop this trip, we decided to drive the rest of the trip. That night we caught a cab back.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont Get Me Wrong - Added Buses Would Be Heaven Sent.
    But It Just Never Happens- So I Deal With It!
    I Had To Stand With A 5 Month Old- And A
    Diaperbag And A Bulky Stroller Last Year .
    That Was Tough! But Everyone Does It-
    I Do Hate It Too! I Just Do It
    Yuk

Post Thanks / Like

We were there for 3 days in September and had absolutely NO problem with the bus situation no matter what time of day we took them. The only time we had to stand on the bus was Wed. morning when we chose to ride with all the families going to the MK for LOEMH. That was by our choice so we stood & really enjoyed it because we got to talk and learn alot about the families around us - where they came from - first time or not. POP is a busy resort, everyone just needs to face it - the values are always packed and so are the buses. Both to and from the parks, you just sorta live with it. After all.........you're at the most magical place in the world...........WDW.....

Me & DH
    AKL, CBR, WL & ASMu '08, POP '07 & '05, POR '01, AllStar Music, Sports & Movies & Ft. Wilderness - our fun homes away from home!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Pop busses

We considered staying at Pop this Sept., but upgraded to CBR because of the free dining. I totally sympathize with you. We looked at the Pop bus lines that were like a mob scene.

I was sure there was a problem that one time. But when I saw it everyday, I knew it was just to be expected. Man, that was bad.

Post Thanks / Like

That's one of tfhe many reasons I don't stay at a value resort. The bus lines always seem to be a nightmare. One time I stayed at the Pop and the line going to MK was easily ull of enough people to fill three busses.

We ended up taking a bus to Epcot, taking the monorail over to TTC and then monorail again over to MK. It was probbly quicker than waiting in that line, in any event I at least felt like we were accomplishing something.

Never again...

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Pop last September and we were not thrilled with it at all.

The bus service was not great but, it was not our main dislike. It was more the fact that the resort just seemed really busy all the time. Especially the food court.

Maybe it is better at a much quieter time since there are so many people that love it. I think it is just the huge size of Pop that turned us off.

We were big fans of AS Movies. We joined DVC this year and stayed at SSR for our first time last month. Now, we are spoiled...lol.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I find the best thing to do is avoid the buses when you know everyone will be headed for them. For example, right after Wishes, Illuminations or Fantasmic. I window shop at the parks for forty five minutes or so after the shows end. It is much better than 45 minutes in line for the bus. Also you can avoid the morning rush in a couple of ways. 1. You can get up early, before the crowds get large. or 2. For going to MK (which usually has the longest lines) you can take the bus to EPCOT and than ride the Monorail over. It is a little out of the way, but it beats the heck out of standing in line for the bus.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    We stayed at Pop last September and we were not thrilled with it at all.

The bus service was not great but, it was not our main dislike. It was more the fact that the resort just seemed really busy all the time. Especially the food court.

Maybe it is better at a much quieter time since there are so many people that love it. I think it is just the huge size of Pop that turned us off.
    We felt the same way though I think our biggest gripe was the ridiculous lines for the busses at anytime day or night. We have vowed that we will not stay at a value again. It's going to be moderate or possibly deluxe from now on. We had absolutely no bus issues when we stayed at CSR in July 2006 and my brother-in-law and his wife had no problems with their POR busses in September when they were there at the same time we were. Values may be for some people but they just don't work for us. To each his own.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

We stay at the Values all the time, and the biggest legitimate gripe that I can see is the bus service. Beside their bus stops always being the furthest from the theme park gates there are always long lines, and although you can usually fit on one bus, the busses are almost always crowded. I refuse to sit if I see one kid or elderly person standing, so I can’t remember the last time I’ve gotten a seat on a Value bus.

I grew up in New York City and had to take city busses to school every day so I am used to dealing with crowded busses.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... I have had equally bad experiences with the bus transportation staying at both value and moderates... i think it just might be the buses, not the actual resort... Add more buses!
    First Trip: 1983- (Before 6 months old!)
    1983-Present (Too many trips to count!)

Important Trips:
    Dec 2006- Carribean Beach (Honeymoon!)
    May 2008 (First trip for our Twins!)

Next Trip:
    Sept. 2009 - FREE DINING!!

mttafire Guest

Hmm, We liked pop alot. All Star Movies is our favorite value though. I can think of ALOT of reasons why driving is easier to get to the parks...However, When one stays at a value resort it is to be expected that there WILL be lines for the busses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    I find the best thing to do is avoid the buses when you know everyone will be headed for them. For example, right after Wishes, Illuminations or Fantasmic. I window shop at the parks for forty five minutes or so after the shows end. It is much better than 45 minutes in line for the bus. Also you can avoid the morning rush in a couple of ways. 1. You can get up early, before the crowds get large. or 2. For going to MK (which usually has the longest lines) you can take the bus to EPCOT and than ride the Monorail over. It is a little out of the way, but it beats the heck out of standing in line for the bus.
    I've stayed at POP a few times, and this is exactly what my family does! However, I don't set my expectations high with the bus service. I know they overfill the buses, I just accept it and not let a bus ride ruin my wonderful vacation!
    Karen
    1995 - Offsite
    Oct. 2003 Offsite - 5th Wedding Anniversary!
    Oct. 2004 Pop Century - Trip with the In-Laws!
    June 2005 Pop Century - Just me and my boys (DH&DS)
    Dec. 2007 Coronado Springs - Myself, DH, DS, and DD!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at POP January 7-17 this year and had not problem with the buses at all. In fact, I was dreading the buses after reading lots about the waiting, standing etc. but was pleasantly surprised. We only had to wait in a long line once which was straight after illuminations and the line was long but two buses arrived at once and off we went back to the resort.

I honestly found the buses fantastic and a wonderful easy way to get around WDW.

Maybe it was the time of year we went, not sure?

Jenny
    Benny
    New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    We were at POP January 7-17 this year and had not problem with the buses at all. In fact, I was dreading the buses after reading lots about the waiting, standing etc. but was pleasantly surprised. We only had to wait in a long line once which was straight after illuminations and the line was long but two buses arrived at once and off we went back to the resort.

I honestly found the buses fantastic and a wonderful easy way to get around WDW.

Maybe it was the time of year we went, not sure?

Jenny
    In your case it was the time of year you went. Jan after the week of New Years is one of the slowest times at WDW. Other slow times are Oct, Nov (except the week of Tanksgiving) and Dec till the week before Christmas. Sep. used to be a slow month, but since Disney started offer free DDP 3 years ago it has become one of the busier months.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Dh & I went during free dining by ourselves in Sept last year. We too stayed at Pop and had the worst bus service ever. I had told him it would be better because we wouldn't be sharing buses like at AllStars. I was wrong The year before with the kids we stayed at AS movies and had much better bus service. Also, I would never stand on a bus holding a child as I just would not feel safe. When we have gone with the children we will wait for the next bus rather than try to have them stand up. Since we joined DVC we have not had any problems
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    In your case it was the time of year you went. Jan after the week of New Years is one of the slowest times at WDW. Other slow times are Oct, Nov (except the week of Tanksgiving) and Dec till the week before Christmas. Sep. used to be a slow month, but since Disney started offer free DDP 3 years ago it has become one of the busier months.
    the problem is that i stayed in october
    even people from th orlando area said it was very packed for that time of year
    realy the only lines that were long were the busses all the rides had fairly short lines 10-25 minutes is the norm
    Why is the rum always gone...
    Oh, thats why.

Post Thanks / Like

well I don't judge POP simply based on the busses, but I do agree that the lines for the busses were long, and another bus or two in the cycle is greatly needed. I also noticed when at MGM how many more busses there are for other resorts and how less crowded they are. We loved POP, but the only con we noticed besides the busses was the fact that the rooms were not as clean as they should have been. (corners not vacuumed, areas not dusted, notepads/menus written on, ect) I would definately go back.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

We weren't bothered by the bussing situation on our last 2 stays at POP. The only thing that did bother me was Mousekeeping leaving the small garbage bag on our floor.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: