Quantcast What attraction has FP hurt the most?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What attraction has FP hurt the most?

Fast Pass has been a great invention and it has been a much needed help on rides like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc whos average wait time during peak season can go past 75 minutes. However, I think FP has also hurt many attractions such as Peter Pan in which it worked better without it. If you've noticed, HM lost its FP for this same reason.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Living with the Land. Used to be a walk-on but now a huge wait. I know this is a combination cause from Soarin and FP.

I enjoy this ride; it fit's with the theme of Epcot, but now I won't take the time to wait for it or use a fastpass on it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pan!!!

The "regular" lines never seems to move...the FP line always has a long wait too...maybe they need to give out fewer FP's for it?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree it's hurt slow-loading rides like Peter Pan for those waiting standby, I still think it's better to have it as an option than not. As a mom with a young child (DS is 14 months now), it's nice to have an option for a ride like this to make the line as short as possible.
    Contemporary - 1979
    Contemporary - 1983
    Grand Floridian - 11/2002
    Beach Club - 11/2004
    Grand Floridian - 7/2005
    Grand Californian (DLR) - 7/2007
    Boardwalk Villas - 11/2007
    Saratoga Springs - 5/2009

Post Thanks / Like

And I think it's actually hurt Splash Mountain. (I'm biased I work there) I saw it first hand when our FP machines went down for a week for rehab. Our whole line was open and the wait was maybe 50 minutes. It was amazing and people were actually happy. And then you see things like we had to deal with yesterday. We had Pirates go down (re-ads coming back), Dream Flight was in park (love them to death but 400 people and 64 wheelchairs going through the exit kills our numbers) as well as we were giving out our full amount of FP and with Thunder not being opened we were slammed. So in the end we were handing out more FP's then we were getting through the line and the big wigs didn't care.

Sorry thats the end of my rant but in my opinion yeah it's a great system I just wish they would limit the FP more because it's killing us and making people unhappy.
    "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams,we can play together all night." --Calvin and Hobbes--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by me... View Post
    And I think it's actually hurt Splash Mountain. (I'm biased I work there) .
    I couldn't agree more
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pan!!!

The "regular" lines never seems to move...the FP line always has a long wait too...maybe they need to give out fewer FP's for it?
    Last October, we were VERY frustrated with this ride. We didn't have FPs, because the line looked pretty short. Famous last words, of course. We barely moved. I know that it is a slow-loader, but I couldn't understand the wait. once we got to the front of the line, I saw what the problem was. There wasn't a line at FP, just people wandering in a few at a time. But the CM running the line was not letting any of us from the regular line in in-between the FP-ers.

Two people would come in the FP line, then there might be two more just heading for the line and instead of letting the regular line folks get on in-between, she was just waiting for FP people to approach. Of course, every time they would be let on, one or two more would be heading for the line and we'd start all over again. We started counting and found that she was letting 20-30 groups from the FP line (with 30+ seconds in between them) and then letting 1 or 2 from the regular line. It didn't seem particluarly efficient.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biodtl View Post
    Last October, we were VERY frustrated with this ride. We didn't have FPs, because the line looked pretty short. Famous last words, of course. We barely moved. I know that it is a slow-loader, but I couldn't understand the wait. once we got to the front of the line, I saw what the problem was. There wasn't a line at FP, just people wandering in a few at a time. But the CM running the line was not letting any of us from the regular line in in-between the FP-ers.

Two people would come in the FP line, then there might be two more just heading for the line and instead of letting the regular line folks get on in-between, she was just waiting for FP people to approach. Of course, every time they would be let on, one or two more would be heading for the line and we'd start all over again. We started counting and found that she was letting 20-30 groups from the FP line (with 30+ seconds in between them) and then letting 1 or 2 from the regular line. It didn't seem particluarly efficient.
    I've had this problem too, on both PP and SM. I'm not begrudging the FP'ers their right to board, but they should be allowed to actually get to the entry point before the stand-by line is stopped.

Post Thanks / Like

We almost never go to WDW during the busy season so things may be different then, but during the times we go it seems to do more harm than good on just about every ride. We have noticed that in almost every case the regular line moved at about the same pace as the fast pass line!

Post Thanks / Like

Despite the problems some people seem to be having, we found FP to be fantastic while we were there in September. It might need some tweaking, but I would hate to see them get rid of it.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it has "hurt" any of the rides. Even rides like Peter Pan, you get a FP, then go ride a few other things and come back. Now what did that hurt? You got to do a few things extra while you were waiting. I love FP!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the last week of September and lines were short already. Fast Pass did help us on some rides such as Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan. It was hard to tell on the others because most of the time the fast passes didn't save us any time. The reason I say this is because most rides were walk ons so either way you were right at the front of the line.

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really think that the FP has hurt any rides. It's the way the CM's let FP'ssers in that hurts. The FP list a time frame for you to go to the line. When we've used FP's the CM's always let us go right at the time. If they would wait a few minutes then let so many go at a time and then the regular lines go in between I think that might work. It's just a thought - and I think they need to think more about how it works (Disney & the CM's) There must be a happpy medium somewhere in the mix.
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessM0m View Post
    I've had this problem too, on both PP and SM. I'm not begrudging the FP'ers their right to board, but they should be allowed to actually get to the entry point before the stand-by line is stopped.
    The CMs are supposed to run a 4 to 1 ratio for FP to Standby guests. So if you have 16 people go in FP, only 4 standby get to go. Unfortunately some CMs don't follow this, and I know from SM, if you are not paying attention, stand by can get very very backed up
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

4 to 1 is the norm but there are many factors that lead into it that many don't understand. People coming back later in the day with early FPs backs up the lines. If other rides go down that backs up the FP line. If we had a down time earlier in the day that backs up the FP line. If we have slow people loading. If guests aren't listening or paying attention to what rows we put them in that backs up the line. If we have intrusions(ie people getting off the ride while it is moving) that backs up the line.

We have an obligation to the FP to get them in usually in 15 minutes or less but with all those factors it is hard. And that is the reason we call the regular line the stand by line because you are standing by and waiting
    "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams,we can play together all night." --Calvin and Hobbes--

Post Thanks / Like

we went in september and hardly had to use fast pass for anything. we walked right onto peter pan, winnie the pooh, dumbo and the teacups. no wait. i guess we got really lucky!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Fastpass definitely hurt Peter Pan. Or helped it, depending on one's point of view!

This was a C ticket ride. Very few people rode it. I could not believe the queues after FP became available. It's as though FP validates the ride. It's a cute ride, but...

Post Thanks / Like

4 to 1 is the norm but there are many factors that lead into it that many don't understand. People coming back later in the day with early FPs backs up the lines. If other rides go down that backs up the FP line. If we had a down time earlier in the day that backs up the FP line. If we have slow people loading. If guests aren't listening or paying attention to what rows we put them in that backs up the line. If we have intrusions(ie people getting off the ride while it is moving) that backs up the line.

We have an obligation to the FP to get them in usually in 15 minutes or less but with all those factors it is hard. And that is the reason we call the regular line the stand by line because you are standing by and waiting
    So maybe FP would work more efficiently with Standby if the CMs actually followed the expiration times on the FPs? Is that what you mean? It sounds like a good idea.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

And sometimes I wish we could follow the times on the FP but as one of my managers said We are not Universal.

Post Thanks / Like

And sometimes I wish we could follow the times on the FP but as one of my managers said We are not Universal.
    This argument makes no sense. Then why post windows of time at all? Why not just say "here's your fastpass, good for whenever you want to use it?" Quite a few CMs do follow the times on the Fastpass to my experience, and I think things work more smoothly when they do.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: