Quantcast When to go and where to stay

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default When to go and where to stay

My family has the option of going on 1 of the 3 dates

12/05/07
    12/12/07
    11/28/07

Any suggestions on which would be the least crowded - we will be staying for 4 nights
    also- apparently, there is a golf convention from Nov until mid Dec which is causing all of the Disney resorts to be completely full - any suggestions on a non DIsney hotel near the resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a thought

I would avoid the week of the 28th.

Too close to thanksgiving ... I can see some familes head out on the 21st and extending into the following week.

The 5th and the 12th may be better.

As far as non-Disney hotels .... haven't done that for the last 8 trips or so .... sorry, once you stay on site, hard to go back offsite.

Post Thanks / Like

The 12/05/07 date would be your best bet, in my opinion... and definitely the least crowded of the options. You should definitely contact Magical Journeys and see what they can come up with for you in terms of a room on property, you might be surprised. If not, we have usually had good luck with the hotels in the DTD area. Good luck!
    Too many trips to count since 1986!
    Recent Trips...
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    July 2009 - Grand Floridian
    October 2009 - Polynesian
    February 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
    November 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
    February 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Next Up...
    July 2011 - Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

The week after Thanksgiving has gotten a LOT more popular as folks think that week is uncrowded (thanks to the various guide books who need to update their attendance estimates). The following week is Pop Warner week, which only makes a difference if you're staying at a value or POR. So, I would say the week of 12/12 would be the best. Lowest crowds, lots of decorations, etc.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

"The following week is Pop Warner week, which only makes a difference if you're staying at a value or POR. So, I would say the week of 12/12 would be the best. Lowest crowds, lots of decorations, etc."

What is pop warner week and why does it only effect the value's and POR?

Post Thanks / Like

Pop Warner is a pee-wee football leauge. (The nation's largest) The resorts will be slam full of football players and cheerleaders. Since it is mostly families and the teams tend to stay together, they book LARGE blocks of rooms at the lower priced resorts to make it affordable for every family on the team.

From December 1st-8th they will be having their "Super Bowl" playoffs and championship games at Disney Wide World of Sports. There is also a Cheer and Dance competition.

They do not effect the parks that much, but the resorts are a mess. Cheerleaders practicing outside your room at 6 am, buses and food courts packed with kids, ect.

I had the misfortune of being at ASSp during that week once and now I ALWAYS check the week they will be at WDW before I plan.

That being said, I like the 2nd week in December best. The weather is pretty cool (for Florida anyway) and it just feels more "Christmasy"
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed one night at the Hawthorne Suites in Lake Buena Vista. It was very nice. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was only $109.00 per night. They also had free hot breakfast. It was very close and offered a shuttle but we drove so I am not sure how convienent that would be. I have heard a lot of bad things about off site shuttle before. The hotel was very clean and had a full size refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, small stove and two tv's and free wireless internet.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: