Quantcast Need to change ADR... recommendations??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need to change ADR... recommendations??

We are heading down south for Disney in a week (Dec 3-9) and staying at Poly We made our ADR's 6 months ago but now I am having second thoughts about one night.

We are currently scheduled to eat at ...
    Ohanas
    Cali Grill
    Chef Mickeys (breakfast)
    Coral Reef
    Tepan Edo

The problem is we have reservations two different nights for Coral Reef... my mom called in our ADRs and when La Cellier was booked she just went with that twice. I knew this at the time but honestly it slipped my mind until last week when we were firming up plans. We are rethinking that.

Soooo... should we leave it as two nights at Coral Reef or try...

Concourse Steakhouse
    Chef Mickeys (dinner)
    Crystal Palace
    or possibly Kona (not certain about this one)

We will be in MK that whole day but do have hopper passes. I was kind of thinking of staying close to MK... which is why I was looking at the restaurants in our resort or the Contemporary. WDYT??

Also, this is for 6 if it matters... 4 adults and 2 children (ages 2.5 and almost 5).

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

you might have a hard time now, it is getting a little close.
    I would try Chef Mickeys or Crystal palace. I hear Chef Mickeys is better of the 2 and is a quick walk or monorail over.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

ANYTHING is possible.

I just made my reservations for the first week of January. Got EVERYTHING I wanted (including Cinderellas Royal Dinner, Artist Pointe, Narcossees, etc.). I am getting the Deluxe Dining Plan (as per my husband's request)...and that is A LOT of ressies.

....got em all so far. No problem.

Kona is excellent. They have a newer menu. I had the peanut chicken and it was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Floridian Cafe is also a good choice. Call and see what's available from your list of preferred possibilities.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for one thing, I'd call and see if there are any openings for Le Cellier since that was your first choice. (Long shot but people do cancel.) Kona has a new menu that may be fun to try. I'd avoid a second trip to Chef Mickey's just so you can try something different. You might still be able to make a reservation for the new Italian place in Epcot or Marakesh. Good luck!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Since you have Chef Mickey's for Breakfast I would go with the Crystal Palace and visit with Pooh & the Gang. We love both. Our daughter, now 6, has always loved visiting with Pooh at Crystal Palace and Mickey at Chef Mickeys. Since you have one I would try for the other.
    August, 2000 - Land & Sea Cruise
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    January, 2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    November, 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Coming Soon...December, 2012 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with Crystal Palace over Chef Mickey's. The dinner there is fabulous. One of our favorites (for any meal).

I would also suggest Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. Also, one of best meals of our last trip in October, was 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. The food was great and the characters were some of the best ever. The step-sisters were a great addition.

Have fun with whatever you decide.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

Post Thanks / Like

It can't hurt to call and ask about ADR's. After 6 months of calling, I just called yesterday and got a great time for le Cellier for Dec 10!!

Best of luck to you!
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
    Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Kona Cafe usually has tables available and is one of my favorite restaurants in Walt Disney World. It's considerably quieter and calmer than 'Ohana next door and offers a great menu including delicious desserts.

Like somebody else suggested, Grand Floridian Cafe is another underrated eatery that may have open reservation slots.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I'd try for LeCellier again. It's certainly worth a try.

Otherwise, I'd go for Crystal Palace. The dinner there is, IMHO, much better than the dinner at CM's. The characters are also sweet for the ages of your kiddos.

If you want to go without the kids, I'd try Concourse. We ate at Kona about 10 days ago and I was far from impressed. Most people rave about it, though. I haven't eaten at Concourse, but have wanted to try it. Probably easier to get an ADR there, too.
    ~~Julie~~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: