Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - December 31, 2007-Jan 16, 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - December 31, 2007-Jan 16, 2008

Each day in December, usually between 11 and 1 central time, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment. If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Monday pm, December 31, 2007
    A couple of isolated showers are out today and that will keep the high in the mid 70s. For tomorrow, the cold air begins to move in. The rain should be gone, but the high will be 65-67. That will occur in the morning and the temp will be falling throughout the day. Tomorrow's low will be upper 30s. Checking some data, Wednesday will be the coldest weather Orlando has had in about 5 years. The cold air is going to be blasting in, much stronger than earlier anticipated, with a high 47-49 and a strong north wind so the wind chill will be in the low 30s. The low for Wednesday will be 29-31. Fortunately, Florida temps moderate pretty quickly and by Thursday the high will be upper 50s with the low in the upper 30s. Friday will be partly cloudy with a very slim possibility of an isolated shower and a high 63-65 and a low in the low 40s. Saturday through Monday things look clear with highs 72-74 and lows in the mid 50s.

Moving into voodooland, Jan 8-9 look partly cloudy with very small chances of an isolated shower. It looks like most rain possibilities should stay south of Orlando, but it's not out of the question for something to come north, especially when looking at voodooland. Highs will be 76-78 both days. Jan 10 looks clear with a high in the upper 70s then a big storm system comes through Jan 11 with lots of rain. Again, I must caution you about these systems. Since mid November the GFS has been having a bad habit of showing systems really strong way into voodooland, but they fizzle as the time grows nearer. With La Nina in effect the main storm track stays well north of FL (and the rest of the SE, which is in the middle of a horrible drought). However, for now the models show rain, so I tell you what the models say with that caveat. The high on the 11th will be mid 70s. The high for the 12th will be mid 60s, but as things clear out Jan 13 will be much warmer with a southerly flow and a high in the upper 70s. Another big, even stronger, system is showing up for Jan 14, but see the warning above. It looks like another blast of cold air for Jan 15-16 with the highs back into the 50s.

Travel Impact
    At 2:00 pm CST with low ceilings and snow Chicago is at a 75 min delay and Newark is at 1 hour due to wind. For tomorrow, all of the major cities surrounding the Great Lakes could face delays, as could Minneapolis. Minor east coast delays around NYC and Boston are also possible, but not too likely.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

I hope you had a great trip. Thank you for the forecast.
    Last:
    Dec 5-14 2007 CBR
    Next up: POFQ Nov 5-14

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back! Thanks for the update on this week... hopefully the rain will hold off for Friday night's MVMCP!
    Too many trips to count since 1986!
    Recent Trips...
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    July 2009 - Grand Floridian
    October 2009 - Polynesian
    February 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
    November 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
    February 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Next Up...
    July 2011 - Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default flying out on Wednesday from Milwaukee?

I'm watching the snowstorms and I'm getting worried about delays from Milwaukee. We just had 5-9inches on Saturday, but I have an hour drive to get to Milwaukee at 6:00am so that we fly out at 8:50am. Any word on Wednesday's weather? I've been watching local forecasts...once I get in the air, I hope all will be fine...because your forecast for this week is
    Tammy

Prior Trips:
    Dec 5-11, 2007 CBR
    Jan 16-22, 2007 Pop
    Jan, 2006 CBR
    Many trips as child

Post Thanks / Like

Yay!!!!

Weather looks awesome!!!!

I actually packed this weekend, and after looking at the forecast this morning, I have to dig back into the suitcases and take out some of the cold weather wear. I'm not going to need some of it now. I'm keeping the hoodies for cool mornings/evenings, but the heavy sweaters and some other things are going bye-bye.

NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dundeehunter View Post
    I'm watching the snowstorms and I'm getting worried about delays from Milwaukee. We just had 5-9inches on Saturday, but I have an hour drive to get to Milwaukee at 6:00am so that we fly out at 8:50am. Any word on Wednesday's weather? I've been watching local forecasts...once I get in the air, I hope all will be fine...because your forecast for this week is
    Right now Wednesday is still looking a little iffy for Milwaukee. It's hard to say at the moment, but the latest models still show a pretty decent snow system Tuesday night through early Wednesday afternoon for most all of Wisconsin. If you're able, I might recommend driving to the airport motel on Tuesday to avoid the risk of getting stuck and missing your flight Wednesday morning.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the forecast! Welcome back from your trip!
    Looks like nice weather for us when we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates Chris. I am watching this thread very closely as we are headed down on the 19th. I know we are still a week away but the weather is looking good so far.

We will be leaving Portland, ME. Do you see any problems for the 19th?
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gauvin4 View Post
    We will be leaving Portland, ME. Do you see any problems for the 19th?
    Right now, no, I don't see any issues with your flight down on the 19th, but keep checking.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I hope your Christmas Week forecast is accurate!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Right now, no, I don't see any issues with your flight down on the 19th, but keep checking.
    I will be watching this thread very closely. Thanks for all you do!
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you take request's ?

Just kidding

I'm hoping for no rain on the 4th of Jan. I have a surprise petty experience planned for DH's birthday that day and rain would be a big bummer.

Anyway, thanks so much for keeping us all updated.
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AbeeNormal View Post
    Do you take request's ?
    I'm just in public relations, but I'll be glad to send a memo to management about your request.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

We are leaving tomorrow for Disney, so hope you are right
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

OK I think I'm gonna be . Is it really going to be wet on the 3rd of January!?!

I really want my Dh's B-day present to work out. I've never been able to surprise him after 12 years of marriage & now I think I'm the one who's going to get the big surprise. ( No Petty Experience)

Sorry to I'm just

- Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Relax. As I always say, once we're out past 7 days I'm not really giving a forecast. I'm just reporting what the models say that day. Yes, there will probably be a storm system around that time. Will it mess up your surprise? It's honestly too early to tell right now. For the last month the models have been showing a big storm system WAY out, but by the time it actually comes through the reality is much weaker. So, until we get within 7 days don't sweat it. By then the picture becomes much clearer and more accurate. I only go beyond 7 days to give folks a general idea of the pattern. If it makes you feel any better, I just checked the 18z run that just finished and now Jan 1-2 look wet, but Jan 3 looks clear. It'll change a million times before we actually get in the "safe zone" of 7 days.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Relax. As I always say, once we're out past 7 days I'm not really giving a forecast. I'm just reporting what the models say that day. Yes, there will probably be a storm system around that time. Will it mess up your surprise? It's honestly too early to tell right now. For the last month the models have been showing a big storm system WAY out, but by the time it actually comes through the reality is much weaker. So, until we get within 7 days don't sweat it. By then the picture becomes much clearer and more accurate. I only go beyond 7 days to give folks a general idea of the pattern. If it makes you feel any better, I just checked the 18z run that just finished and now Jan 1-2 look wet, but Jan 3 looks clear. It'll change a million times before we actually get in the "safe zone" of 7 days.
    Stormchaser, I didn't mean to sound like a blubbering idiot. Thanks for the kind words. I'll keep my chin up, so no worries.

- Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - December 27, 2007-Jan 12, 2008

I'll be arriving on 1/14 so will keep my eyes on your VDL extended forcast. I have had some bad (and good) weather while visiting in January but am hopeful for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just in public relations, but I'll be glad to send a memo to management about your request.
    LOL -- I have been making appeals to "management" about weather for my upcoming trip. We are getting close to having my dates in the forecast!! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for us!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Your forecasts always reassure me about the weather on my trips. I don't mind if it is cool I'd prefer to wear jeans and a hoodie all week!!!!
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: