Quantcast When did it happen to you?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I went twice as a teen.... I performed in DW on mainstreet. I was a baton twirler and all of us twirlers and the band....(blazers band and the blazerettes) went on a weeklong trip. I loved it then... however I think the real obsession started during the first family trip back in 2003 when I took DH, DS and 2DD's (the kids were 8,4 and 6 months). DH had never been and I had to force him into the trip.... once we got there though he was in Disney Heaven.
    The look on my kids faces when we entered MK for the first time was amazing. From little magical moments, parades and fireworks... A whirlwind of innocent fun for all of us!!
    Maybe it is the magic of us adults being kids again with our kids. Relishing in the attention of the Characters and screaming with laughter on rides we all go on together!!

I dont know what made me hooked... all I now is I am and I am so proud of it lol!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1996. My DD was 5 & we scrimped & saved for almost a year; making monthly payments, for a Pocahontas 5 day/4 night package at POFQ. Everything was done up for WDW's 25th and yes, I even liked the castle cake (go ahead & flame me). At that time DD was heavily into the Lion King, so much so that she used to growl and roar at people. But when she saw Timon, it was everything we could do to hold her back and not run in front of the other kids in line. When it was her turn, she ran up to him and gave him a hug that seemed to last for 5 minutes, not wanting to let go. Things got better $$ wise & we were able to purchase a DVC membership in '99 & have been back probably 3-4 times a year since then, but nothing compares to the magic that happened on that first trip

Post Thanks / Like

1) I fell in love with Disney watching the original Mickey Mouse Club.
    2) OK, so I fell in love with Annette, then Disney.

3) Then I got further hooked with the Davy Crockett series on TV.
    4) I finally got to Disneyland (CA) and Magic Kingdom (FL) in 1971.
    5) Both in the same year sunk the hook even further.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me put it this way . . . Until age 3 I would not wear anything that didn't have mickey mouse on it. I can't remember a time when I wasn't in love with Disney.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney-lovin' Dutchman View Post
    When did you fall in love with Disney, when was the moment that you knew you were hooked?

Mine was watching the Main Street Electrical Parade in DLRP with my whole family when I was 8. After that and ever since Disney is really important to me
    Well I always "liked" Disney. went a few times as a kid with my parents.

But it wasn't until my first trip with my kids as an adult that it really HOOKED me. I guess it wasn't until then that I GOT the magic.
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a hard time pin pointing one moment but if I had to narrow it down it would be watching my 10 yr old DD's reaction to Wishes!
    The moment I knew I would do everything I could to return as often as possible was when we were leaving MK on our last night in 2006 and my DD was crying saying she wanted to live at WDW.
    Aimee

HS trip 96 offsite
    Pop Century 2006
    AS Sports Jan. 2008
    Next Trip: AS Music Feb. 2012

"when you believe in something, believe in it all the way- implicitly & unquestionably" ...Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: