Quantcast Disney in early July?? How are crowds & how hot is it??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney in early July?? How are crowds & how hot is it??

We're trying to figure out when we might be able to go again. I am contemplating going in early July '09 and we'd be able to celebrate 3 of our kids birthdays. However, I do NOT like to be miserably hot. We'd do water parks and pools and visit the parks at night mostly I'm thinking. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone knows what crowd levels are like in early July and how hot it is (is it worse/the same as August)? Is it as crowded as Christmas week? Thanks for any info
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went the first week of July in 2003 and it was really crowded and terribly, terribly hot. My little girl kept saying "It's so hot! Let's go in a store." In fact on 7/4, we didn't even go to a park because they closed the gates and were turning people away due to high crowds. We went to a water park and DTD instead, which worked out OK. We just went December 15-22 and it wasn't very crowded at all until 12/21 and the weather was mostly great. The earlier in December you go, the better the crowds are. It was mostly in the 70's in the day time. It did get down in the 50's a few days and always got a little cool at night. I will never go in the summer again. December was perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there in July......

Guaranteed you will be sweating thru by 9:00 am!!
    '00 - Boardwalk Villas
    '04 - Grand Floridian
    '08 - Polynesian
    '10 - Grand Floridian!!!

GO WHITE SOX!

Post Thanks / Like

Early July is very hot and humid. It is also very, very crowded around the 4th of July. If you don't like heat and crowds, I'd suggest a different time of year.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I made the mistake of going at this time in 2002 and I will never do it again.
    It was miserably hot and so packed that you couldn't even walk in MK. If you hate crowds and heat, I'd suggest another time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Early July is very hot and humid. It is also very, very crowded around the 4th of July. If you don't like heat and crowds, I'd suggest a different time of year.
    I agree, 100%. In fact, last time we went in July we swore it would be the last going at that time of year. As others have said, not only do the parks get to capacity & shut down, but the water parks are just as packed. We tried going to Blizzard Beach, and it was 102 degrees...in the shade. It was so crowed that we only got to ride 2 slides in 6 hours. We gave up and went back to the hotel pool.

We go in May now, and while its very warm, it's manageable...not the oppressive summer heat. Just stay away from all the summer months (June, July, Aug, Sept), and holidays and you'll be fine with crowds & weather.

Good luck!!

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Have only been once in July, and that was a 1 day trip to MK on the 4th. I was 16 (17 years ago!) but still remember the unrelenting heat and hours of waiting in lines. It was my first trip there. Surprised I ever wanted to go back after that. We've also been twice in June, which was miserable (temp wise) as well. I don't remember the crowds being overly excessive numbers wise, but when you're standing in 105 degree heat, a 30 minute line can feel like all day. Am very excited to announce our first ever February trip this year If it were a choice b/w July or December, I'd definitely pick December.
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I always go for the 4th, it's AWESOME!

But, as other have said, it's it extremely crowded and unbearably hot. We usually freeze waterbottles and bring them into the parks. By about 10:30am, it's luke warm, from a frozen brick.

One time, I reember walking about 200 feet from the door of the resort to my car in the early morning and could feel the sweat trickling down the small of my back. One thing you don't want to forget to pack is the deodorant! I can't believe how many people forget!

Post Thanks / Like

We go in July all the time and we love it. We only went once over the 4th, wish it were more it was awesome!!!!! Fireworks are amazing!!!! We did not feel it was overly crowded. It is of course hot ,but hey your in Walt Disney World and Florida its suppose to be hot! We just shower alot, swim and go with the flow its great. I'd go in the summer anytime, but everyone has their favorite times to go. Whenever you go you will have a blast.
    All Star Sports 1996
    All Star Movies/Dixie1999
    POR/CBR 2001
    Animal Kingdom Lodge/Poly/POR 2003
    Pop,Port Orleans,Wilderness Lodge, Poly 2006
    Caribbean Beach 2007
    Caribbean Beach/Poly 2010 College graduation for DD
    Next Trip--June 2014 AoA Resort
    Girls trip Thanksgiving 2015.Port Orleans!!!

Post Thanks / Like

it's Hoooottt!!!!
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there in 2001 with my sister and niece when I was pregnant with DS.....it was SO hot and there were SO many people it was unbearable!!

On the day we were at AK I nearly passed out on one of the walking trails....I think it was Pangani Forest.....there is a white bench with I believe a small fountain behind it that has my name on it as I perched there for about an hour being doused with ice and cold compresses until I composed myself enough to leave the park and retreat to the AC of our hotel.

We were at MK on the 4th and got in just as they closed the gates to all guests. Once inside we made it as far as up Main St. to stand near a popcorn cart at the Hub area.......it was just WALL TO WALL people and it was still HOT< HOT< HOT!!! I will say that the fireworks were THE BEST I HAVE EVER seen in my life though!!

So, I've been there, done that and not going back.

I think that doing water parks during the day and DTD is a decent strategy, but I also think that many people will have that same strategy in order to try to stay cool!

If you can at all go at a different time -- I'd highly suggest doing so since you have expressed that you do not like the heat!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

If the heat bothers you then you definitely don't want to go in the summer months.
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jedigrrrl View Post
    it's Hoooottt!!!!
    Understatemnt of the year...

I have found that even after telling people how hot it is and how unbearable it is, most either just don't believe it's really that hot or don't understand. Even after all the warnings you have gotten, it's still worse than you think it will be!!!

I can tell you the weather forcast right not for pretty much June and July and most of August. It will be at least 92 degrees and humidity will be at 99-100%. There WILL be an afternoon thunderstorm between about 1pm and 3pm or so. At 100% humidity, it rains, most of the day it hovers around the 99% mark. It's tough to breath for many people.

Florida has got to be the worst for weather in the Summer. Even a cruise to the caribbean is more comfortable than a vacation in Florida.

But, as I said, we do it every year and have no plans to change! Parks are open almost all day, very little in terms of rehabs, and nothing better than a Pineapple Float on a nice July day!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been the last of June that ties in with 4th of July and It was busy. We've been mid July and it was busy. We've been the last week of July 1st of August and it was not that bad only the temps. I would go again that week or wait and go the 2nd week of August. I think the kids in Fl are back in school. You will definately have the heat to contend with but, I think the crowds will be less.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

If hot and crowded is not for you definately do not even consider July. We took our honeymoon at WDW in '95. We woke to a severe thunderstorm every morning, the kind that rocks the ground. The parks were overflowing and you could not even walk 2 feet without wanting to pass out. We were there for 8 days and used only 2 days of our tickets. Thank goodness at that time they did not expire and we were able to use the rest on another vacation.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW July

Sorry, but it will be hot and it will be humid

Post Thanks / Like

you LITERALLY walk out of your room and immediately sweat. It is close to unbearable. I went a lot during that time of year when I was a teenager and we used to go to the parks right at opening and leave at 11am when it started to get PACKED. We always stayed in a camper in Ft Wilderness, so we'd hang out at the pool and ride around in the golf cart the rest of the afternoon(when it wasnt raining) and return to the parks late at night. That was the only way to survive.
    By the way, it is sweltering in the morning and at night, it NEVER LETS UP. low 80's, high 90's, 100&#37; humidity, afternoon storm. That is the norm.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, another "hot, humid & crowded" story here.

My husband mentioned a couple years ago (2005) that he'd never been to WDW for his birthday (July 3rd), in the 20+ times he'd been. So, I planned a surpise long weekend and off we went!

I grew up in the South, and even like the heat, but holy hot, Batman!! The 4th of July fireworks were great, but we made note that we would never go during the middle of summer again!

Our next trip was Sept 2006, and the crowds were so light I was actually winded from climbing up the stairs to the waterslides in Typhoon Lagoon! In July, it had taken a LOT longer to get to the top.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: