Quantcast Beach Club Newbies....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club Newbies....

Well, after several wonderful stays at the POLY We are tackling a new adventure in Nov. - The Beach Club! We stayed there the last night of our trip last year to get a feel for the place and just as we thought....we loved it!

Anyhoo, for all those veteran BC-ers out there, we're looking for some helpful hints, hidden treats, the ins and outs of the joint ya know?! Anything that will make our stay extra magical. Thanx!!

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about the yc/bc is the location. We enjoy strolling the boardwalk every night. Also,its great to walk over to dinner in ws after a long day in the parks. My kids love the pool. I find it too big but most people love it.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Make time for a trip to Beaches and Cream, the ice cream is great and the burgers are really good too. As Moe513 said the location is just great for a quick walk to the Boardwalk or Epcot. The last time we were there they were showing movies on the beach and that was alot of fun.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

we stayed at the beach club last year and it was awesome! the location to epcot is great and stormalong bay is such a great pool - its kinda like your own mini waterpark - we enjoyed cape may cafe character breakfast and beaches n cream soda shop has really good ice cream - just keep in mind they don't take ADRs so if you eat at beaches n cream try to hit it at off hours because there can be a l-o-n-g wait at peak dining hours - im sure you'll have a wonderful vacation!
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

Location, walk to or from EPCOT or MGM. MGM only if you miss the boat. Boardwalk restraunts and shops. Yachtsman steakhouse. The pool is great, especially for the kids, things to do all day long. Walk to mini golf just the other side of the Swan and Dolphin.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best of the Beach Club

The location and the pool. Stormalong Bay is like a mini water park. The Clam Bake at Cape May is a treat. For a good steak you can walk next door to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We are DVC members and really enjoy ourselves here, especially when its hot.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to hear more about Beach Club. We are doing the Land/Sea cruise in November and will be staying at Beach Club for our 4 day "land" portion. I keep hearing about how great the location is. Is it walking distance to Epcot?

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at BC for the first time too!! We are going there in late October...the week of Halloween. My DS and DD are so excited to visit Stormalong Bay. They talk about the shakes at Beaches and Cream all the time.
    We are looking forward to being so close to the Boardwalk and Epcot this time.
    trennedy

Go Cubs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by momof2girls View Post
    Is it walking distance to Epcot?
    Absolutely!!! In fact, the walk to the boat launch is longer than the walk to the International Gateway!

To the OP - we make dinner reservations each night (well, almost every night) in one of EPCOT's WS restaurants. It's very nice to dine, stroll the WS area, and be able to walk back to your room as you like. Very often we'll forgo Illuminations and stroll the B'walk.

After 6 PM, the Boardwalk comes alive with free entertainment. There are jugglers, magicians, "street-acts," that sort of thing. Very often they include audience participation; it's a load of fun and great for the kids.
    At the BW, you can also rent surrey bikes. At the YC, you can rent boats. All this is within easy walking distance.

The pool has been mentioned and it's great.
    Also as noted above, the lines at Beaches & Cream can be a bit tedious - the place is too darned small for the resort! But it's a fun ice-cream shop.

Keep in mind you're within walking distance of the YC, BW, Swan & Dolphin, so there may be numerous restaurants that you might want to check out at these resorts as well. I highly recommend FF if you like seafood (a bit high end on the price, mind you, but the quality is outstanding).

The mini-golf is convenient as well.
    The BC is all about location. That whole area - BC/BW/YC is really so great for getting a lot done easily.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto everything that has already been written. We stayed at the BC last year and we were fortunate enough to have a room where we could see the upper half of IllumiNations from our balcony. We could hear the soundtrack as well (although it was quite late, due to the relative speeds of light and sound). The staff knows which rooms have this view, so I would ask for it. I also recommend an IllumiNations cruise. Have a great time!
    Kevin

1996 POFQ
    1999 POR
    2001 WL
    2003 WL
    2005 WL
    2006 CR/POFQ
    2007 BC
    2010 WL/BC (Half Marathon)
    2009 Cruise on the Wonder
    2011 WL (Half Marathon)
    2012 BWI (Wine and Dine Half Marathon)

Post Thanks / Like

Also ditto to the prior posts. The pool area is awesome, and believe it or not us parents have had to beg the kids to get out of the pool so WE could spend more time in the parks. It may have something to do with teenage girls in the pool as well.

Also, I can leave the room at 8:50pm and watch Illuminations, and be back in my room at 9:20pm. It's a 5 minute walk (or less if you walk fast) from the BC to the International Gateway, which has a couple of the best viewing areas for the show. You will love Beach Club. We enjoyed it so much we ended up buying a time share there. Enjoy. Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, after reading everyones replies I am so excited. We will be staying at BC for the first time next month and I can't wait! I have a feeling I am going to have a new favorite.
    Stefanie

Disney Trips
    BCV 2009
    POP 2009
    FW Cabin 2008
    BCV 2008
    GF 2008
    POFQ 2007
    Contemporary 2006
    Poly 2004
    DD Doubletree 2001
    Contemporary 1999
    ASM 1998
    Off Property 1997
    DISNEYLAND 1997
    Off Property 1996
    Ft Wilderness 1995

Post Thanks / Like

What mini-golf place are poeple referring to on the other side of Swan and Dolphin?
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyduggan View Post
    What mini-golf place are poeple referring to on the other side of Swan and Dolphin?
    There are two: Fantasia Gardens - which is the typical mini-golf themed to the Fantasia movies; the other, Fantasia Fairways, is an incredibly difficult course with water and sand hazards!!!

They are within easy walking distance from the Swan Dolphin (crossing a street) and thus, very close to all EPCOT resorts.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly didn't realize they were so close...
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Beach club is my favorite resort, once you've stayed there, you really dont want to stay anywhere else. The location is awesome. Tough to beat the short walk to Epcot, Boardwalk, and short boat ride to MGM. They have a great pool also.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member