Quantcast DVC removing coffee mugs and glasses from studios - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the Coffee carafes

Ok just a guess as to what DVC would do since this is what I would do but I think I have more common sense than DVC. Have the Mousekeeping that apparently can't wash or change out glasses run a pot of water throught the machine after each guest departure.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    Don't try using the link in Frank's post above - it has a typo in it:

DISNEYVAACTIONCLUB.COM

I believe that should be [email protected]

I've heard absolutely nothing back from anybody.
    Oops!!! Sorry for the typo! (I had actually just cut and pasted that one...)
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy*darling View Post
    Well, it's Day 6, and I have already sent off a long email to Lewis, Iger and the Member Satisfaction (?) Team...
    but I received this 10 minutes ago...
    I too received the exact same response from the exact same person...

At least - which has been stated here - the membership is being heard!!!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile DVC removing coffee mugs and glasses from studios

I called member services yesterday to ask if I could request glassware (and I specified bowls, mugs and glasses) for my upcoming trip for which I have 2 studios. They said yes and placed my request on my reservation. It is helpful to know that we can actually continue to have the glassware upon request.

Post Thanks / Like

My SIL called about her upcoming trip and member services said they are not removing the Dish detergent even in the studios with no glassware so I guess they are thinking about the Coffee Carafe but we shall see
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I got the exact same (word for word) response from the same person. I did not, however, receive a phone number or personal call from anyone.

I called today to make such a request for glassware and coffee mugs in our studio and the CM had no clue what I was talking about. She had to put me on eternal hold and go talk to someone else. After sitting on hold, she comes back to tell me that once they are removed, they WILL NOT return them, even upon my request. Now she also stated that I could ask again upon check in. That might get me a different result. She did state, however, that the dish soap will remain for cleaning the coffee carafe.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

I received the same email from the same person. You would think that everyone at MS would be aware of the contents of the email sent to members who complained. The email does say that in the stand alone resorts such as OKW and SSR, that the mugs and glasses would be provided upon request. Maybe that does mean at check in.
    Ed aka Horizon93

"If we can dream it, then we can do it".

DVC owner as of July 07 at AKV, as of Oct 2010 at BWV

Just back from honeymoon at AKV Kidani, July 2013!

Next up...not sure yet, but going back soon! )

Post Thanks / Like

The E-mail states that but the news on the website left that part out. You would think every member would be entitled to the same information
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not cost cutting measure

This is a perfect example of how everything is seen as "sinister" until proving otherwise. Disney, being an extraordinarly large company tried to respond quickly to a situation that they recent realized they were liable for.

If there is any true cost savings in have styrofoam cups instead of ceramics, that savings would, by law, have to be reflected in the Maintanence Fees.

And since now, after every checkout from studios, glasses need to be replaced and sent down to a common washing area, that is more expensive and (marginally) reflected in our Maintance Fees.

We don't have a vote, we are "Members" not "Owners" and that is clearly outlined in what we signed. At worst, Disney appear to miscalculate what the member wanted and rectified it. I happen to give them the benefit of the doubt, and believe they immediately solved a problem temporarily (triage) until they could work out logistically what made the most sense long term.
    • 1976, 1977, 1980 - Polynesian
    • 1984 - Tree House Villas
    • 1987 - Clubhouse Villas
    • 1989 - Vacation Villas
    • 1998 - Dixie Landings
    • 2001 - All-Star Music
    • 2007 - Coronado Springs
    • 2003, 2006, 2007 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
    • 2009 - VWL or BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by wendy*darling View Post
    The need to request glassware ONLY applies at SSR and OKW (in Orlando).
    I confirmed in my phone conversation that glassware will be provided to guests at SSR and OKW upon request.
    I think the "quickly" applies to their response to the recent discovery/expose' about housekeeping's lack of proper cleaning.
    I do not think it was meant to be "quickly" over the last 15 years.
    They lied. I checked in to a studio at SSR on Wednesday and requested ceramic mugs and glass drinking cups. The CM at the front desk advised me that was not possible. I objected, citing the e-mails received by other members. He checked with his manager, and then told me that "policy" prohibited them from providing the requested items.

At least, our studio did not have styrofoam coffee cups; we had a stack of paper-based cups that can be used for either hot or cold drinks. We ended up using our own mugs that we brought with us as insurance.

There was a small bottle of dishwashing liquid, a sponge, and a dish towel.

I was also informed that free internet is not yet available @ SSR. I asked. And was told I'd have to pay the regular fee.
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    They lied.
    Ed, I am sorry to hear that.

So, I just sent another email to DVC's Member Satisfaction Team asking for an explanation- and also asking for a reason for the delay in providing free Internet.

I think another round of emails might be in order concerning both issues....how about it gang?
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Ed & Linda,
    Emails are NOW on the way re both issues.

Ed, I'm sorry they LIED to you - this really stinks. I'm very UNHAPPY about the whole situation and can't believe they didn't give you "real" glassware.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I fired the following off to the Member Satisfaction Team and to both Mr. Iger and Mr. Lewis this morning:

I know that you have received a lot of communications from members expressing their dissatisfaction with the decision to remove true glassware (coffee cups, drinking glasses) from DVC studio accommodations. I am a member of a very active online Disney-related discussion website, and several members have reported back on the communications they have received in response to their complaints. Two examples:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear {name},
    Thank you for contacting Member Services. The Coffee Cups in the Studios have always been Styrofoam Cups. The Drinking Glasses were made of glass and are being replaced with disposable drinking glasses.
    Sincerely,
    Larry
    Member Services
    Online Communications
    Disney Vacation Club

Balderdash! I have never had anything but ceramic coffee cups in the studios in which I have stayed. That statement is outright false.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Hello {name},

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us
    regarding the glassware changes in our studios. We continually review
    the cleaning practices in our resorts. Upon reviewing the dishware and
    glassware washing process for the studio units, we realized that hand
    washing wasn't sufficient to meet our cleanliness standards.

Glassware and ceramic mugs in the studios were replaced with disposables
    because dishwashing machines are not available in those units. We
    wanted to take action quickly and using disposables was the most
    expedient solution.

We have since determined that we will be able to provide glassware and
    ceramic mugs at resorts where glass washing equipment is available.
    This includes Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The
    Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and
    the Inn rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

For all DVC stand-alone campus properties (Disney's Saratoga Springs
    Resort & Spa, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island
    Resort and the villas at Disney's Vero Beach Resort) that do not have
    glass washers available, we will continue to utilize the disposable cups
    until we can source a more environmentally friendly product. We are
    investigating the possibility of installing glass washers at specified
    locations throughout the stand-alone campus properties.

The disposable cups are replenished upon request. If a Guest/Member
    calls to request glassware, we will provide it and remove it upon
    checkout.

Your comments are important to us. Please be assured that we have
    shared your concerns with the appropriate individuals.

Thank you again for your message.

Sincerely,
    Magdalene
    Disney Vacation Club

Oh, really? I checked in to a studio at Saratoga Springs on Wednesday, April 2nd. During the check-in process I advised the Cast Member (Steve) that I wished to have true glassware in my unit. He told me that was not possible. I mentioned the above e-mail response, and he said he'd check with his manager. He left the desk, conferred with his manager, then came back and advised me that they could not honor my request due to "policy".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also inquired whether the free Internet access policy was applicable yet (it IS "Spring 2008" now), and was told no, that I'd have to pay the regular fees. Yet several members of our discussion group have reported that they have gotten free Internet access for quite a while when staying on DVC points, as I was doing for this stay.

When we purchased our total of 400 points (through four separate transactions, no less), we did so truly believing that DVC accommodations and perks would be a cut above the standard facilities. We expected that having expended many dollars in purchase costs and annual dues, we would be entitled to something better than what you would find at the local Motel 6 - - which still uses true glassware AND has offered free internet access for years.

But much more importantly, the very last thing we expected was to be outright lied to.

There seems to be a major communications disconnect within DVC. Our discussion group has reported numerous cases of diametrically conflicting information being received when posing the same questions to Member Services. It almost seems like some of the Cast Members are just making up the answers as they go along. This I find totally unacceptable. All of Disney's guests are entitled to factual and forthright answers to their questions and concerns. And that should probably apply doubly so to the DVC members who have invested their dollars and proven their brand loyalty by choosing DVC.

May I request some honest and factual answers as to exactly what the company's policies are concerning the glassware issue and the Internet access issue? And may I also receive some assurance that members are entitled to and will receive factual responses to their future inquiries?

To say that I'm disappointed in the way these issues have been handled is putting it very mildly.
    That's my .

Now I'll get down off my . But probably not for long........

ADDED:
    Got the following response within about two minutes of sending the e-mail:

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club.

Your comments are important to us and we appreciate your taking the time
    to write. We will review the feedback you have provided and will
    respond within 5 business days. Please note: Based on the nature of
    your comments or questions, we may need to forward your message to other
    Walt Disney Company affiliates or nonaffiliated third party service
    providers.

Thank you again for your message.

Sincerely,

Member Satisfaction Team
    Disney Vacation Club
    5 days, huh? The clock is running.....tick.....tock....tick....tock
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sigh ............ I'm seriously considering selling our points already ... this is just so discouraging ...

And before all the Disney apologists jump in and defend them because it's "only glasses" or whatever, I'm not upset about the removal of the glassware itself ... I'm upset at the handling of the (non)communication. I'm upset about the lies. And the conflicting information. And the general complete and total lack of interest in the wishes of the membership.

It's just very disappointing.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It really is frustrating to say the least I am so glad I jumped in resale with a smaller investment and a smaller number of points to give it a try. So far except for the stay at OKW it has been nothing but a headache. And even that first stay wasn't perfect since I had to move to CSR because the CM at Member Service didn't understand what 3 nights meant Then the website issues on top of that. For now I am keeping points but if I ever need cash they are the first thing to go.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Interesting... DW just called me to tell me that I got a phone call at home from Nicole @ DVC wanting to discuss my e-mail (which DW didn't even know that I had sent). Obviously, it shook them up a little, because I hadn't included any phone numbers in my e-mail, so they had to look up my membership info. I'm going to call her when I get home; you can bet I'll post whatever info I get from her.

Stay tuned......
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Sigh ............ I'm seriously considering selling our points already ... this is just so discouraging ...

It's just very disappointing.
    I understand how this may be disappointing to some. To me, I think DVC had an issue and tried to quickly address it, but they completely screwed up by taking action without advance communication, then having a lot of mis-communication, then finally partially reversing their decision.

Yes, DVC screwed up. However, I am still a very happy DVC member who enjoys using his membership. I have no plans to downsize my investment in DVC; in fact, I plan to increase it with more add-ons at GCV and KTR.
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    I understand how this may be disappointing to some. To me, I think DVC had an issue and tried to quickly address it, but they completely screwed up by taking action without advance communication, then having a lot of mis-communication, then finally partially reversing their decision.

Yes, DVC screwed up. However, I am still a very happy DVC member who enjoys using his membership. I have no plans to downsize my investment in DVC; in fact, I plan to increase it with more add-ons at GCV and KTR.

I know to some, glassware may be a big issue, but in the overall scheme of things, does it really detract from your overall enjoyment? I think this will be something that they will iron out sooner than later, and all will be forgotten.

Any organization the size of DVC is bound to make mistakes. What separates the good from the bad is the willing to admit it, and correct it asap.

Post Thanks / Like

Called Nicole, who's a manager in the Member Satisfaction Team @ DVC... reviewed my e-mail... She says that DVC's official policy IS that glassware WILL be provided for studios at SSR on request, but will not be stored in the unit - Housekeeping is supposed to deliver it on request, then remove it when the guest checks out. Says she has already spoken with Housekeeping manager at SSR to make sure that policy is followed. She also communicated with SSR management with same message. As for free internet, she says that's still not in effect, and she can't explain why some DVC members have gotten it without charge while others have to pay for it. (Not much satisfaction there...)

She agrees that uniformity is a must; either everybody gets it or no one gets it. And she agreed with me that there are definitely communications problems. She says she has re-issued a memo about the glassware issue to all Member Services CMs in hopes to get everyone on the same page. She agreed that the entire situation was very "un-Disneylike", and apologized repeatedly.

All in all, it was about the response that I expected. But it was obvious from the conversation that DVC has taken a lot of heat about the glassware issue and is trying to make sure the policy is adequately and clearly communicated to all Member Services and Front Desk managers and CMs. I guess only time will tell.....
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

First off, Ed, THANK YOU for communicating everything with us - and for sharing the MS feedback (Satisfaction Team). You cleared up a LOT for me.

I fully believe that there were communication breakdowns (think Led Zep!) in the huge company known as DVC... I'm hoping that this "situation" has taught them a very good lesson...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    And before all the Disney apologists jump in and defend them because it's "only glasses" or whatever, I'm not upset about the removal of the glassware itself ... I'm upset at the handling of the (non)communication. I'm upset about the lies. And the conflicting information. And the general complete and total lack of interest in the wishes of the membership.
    Ian,
    I'd never defend a company as large and powerful as Disney. They have more than enough attorneys to do that themselves...

However, I'd say that this TOTAL FIASCO which has been labled the "removing of mugs and glasses" here on the internet, has been one of the major SNAFU's with DVC. It's probably been the worst I've ever seen/experienced in over ten years of membership.

I know DVC screwed up.
    I know that they regret their decisions.
    I know they wish they could turn back the clock.
    I do NOT believe the lies were intentional (okay, at least I HOPE they weren't).
    I know that management wishes this would "go away."
    I do hope - and I stress the word HOPE - that they've learned from this unbelieveable lapse of good judgement which has cost them dearly in the eyes of the public. This has been a major SNAFU that the company must truly regret...
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: