Quantcast Disney potentially buying back Disney Store(s) - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just want to get this out there. I am not getting offended by any comments. I am a very dedicated cast member and if you all could meet me I'm sure you would agree just by talking to me. I take the time to learn as much as I can about disney unlike many of my fellow CMs and so many guests are impressed by that. I love disney.

I understand all the comments on here and hope that it all gets fixed in the future cause I love when my guests are happy and satisfied and I would love for the stores to become destination stores again and I think there is a chance that they will be again.

Also, btw lightchasers are as of now park exclusive merchandise, any that are left over at any stores are sale and once they are gone, they are gone. Also the stores no longer carry antenna toppers and will stop carrying socks and underwear.
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

• Sales Associate - Disney Store #557
    • Attractions Host - Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise
    • Lead Sales Associate - Disney Store #339

DVC Member since 2003 (Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom & Bay Lake Tower)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    You are soooo right. I used to spend so much money in the WOD and now I can walk out with nothing. I am so tired of looking at the same thing over and over again.
    I remember days that we would hit our limit on our room charge just because we shopped too much. Now we spend our money on something better... food.
    Oh man ... I can so identify with this. I used to spend a small fortune in that place!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Disney run it's own stores again, and like everyone else carry quality merchandise. Maybe even exclusive merchandise. I think they have spread their wings too far and need to reel them back in a little.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

TDS have changed so much we don't even bother walking in. Before we would wander in to listen to Disney music and see what movie was playing on the screen (and of course walking out with a treat). And I admit I was one of the goofs that used to sit down and watch the movie with the kids . Now I can't stand to even walk through the door. And when I do venture in for my Disney "fix" I walk to the back and right out the front...nothing catches my eys. I don't get the chance to go to WDW as often as I wish and this was my only outlet.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Some Disney Store News for You ALL

I wasn't sure if anyone had put up a post on this yet. Disney is soon to be taking over 2/3 of the Disney Stores which are currently under contol of the Children's Place. This means that Disney will be closing a little over 100 remaining stores. I work at the Portland, Maine Disney Store and we have yet to know whether we are on the list of stores that are closing. I will try to keep everyone who is curious updated on this matter. We are all just on the edge of our seats at the store. If anyone else had any other information regarding this, I would really appreciate you all letting us know. Thank You and everyone cross their fingers that we doen't end up closing

Post Thanks / Like

I will defnately keep my fingers crossed for you, I have seen your posts and I know how much you like working there.

I am a little hopefully that Disney is taking back over the stores as I haven't been real happy with the selection there in the past. I guess only time will tell.

Hopefully your store will stay open! Take care!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

SOP at Disney will be to NOT announce who is closing... If/when they do that, the staff tends to disappear leaving them high and dry...

It is good news though I think that Disney will take back the stores.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this had anything to do with the Disney Outlet store, near my house, closing a few months ago? I miss going there!
    I hate to hear that Disney will be closing stores, but I'm hoping their stock will improve with the takeover.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

we just found out our store will be staying open. but 2 stores nearby will be closing =( good luck with your store. this is such a hard time for so many people... you and the rest of the cast will be in our thoughts.
    GoofyJerZgrL

YAAAaaaaHaaaaHOooey!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I will let the rest of my Cast know that Intercot is thinking of us! I know that if we are one of the lucky stores that remain open, the perks of working there will be great! I was going to be leaving soon to go to college in Sarasota, but the idea of my Cast losing their jobs (some have been there over 15yrs) just makes me so sad. I'll keep updating this when I find out more. Glad to know that some stores already know their status, cause we haven't been told anything yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I read about this recently. I hope the store near me stays open. It's in the Court at King of Prussia, which is part of the largest retail shopping mall on the East Coast, 2nd largest in the country. So, hopefully they will consider it to be prime real estate.

There is a new outlet mall near me that just opened in November. They are planning on opening a Disney Outlet store within the next month. I wonder if stores under construction will still open or if they will abandon ship?

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you. We lost our store in Jan but fortunately, there is another one 30 min away. Hopefully it's not on the list to close or I might just cry.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I hadn't heard about this! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and all the cast at your store!

We just got a new store suprisingly. We have an outlet mall about 10 minutes from my house and the "Disney Outlet" opened in Feb. It's a great store! It's very big and has a section of clearance "outlet" stuff but the majority of the store is a regular disney store.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope that your store stays open.
    I hope that ours here in MA stays open as well. It's kinda strange that we are at the store so much that we know the cast members life stories and where and when they vacation at disney. Our store manager goes to the same church as I do, kinda strange seeing him at the 7:30am mass, (he has to go then because he works all day saturday and sunday) Kudo's to him for making the time for his faith though!

I really hope that when Disney takes back over the quality of the merchandise goes back up and the home goods come back. Along with some Plus size clothes.
    Oh, and I hope the Cast members get back their disney perks as well.

SO.... Good luck everyone
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Our store at Solomon Pond Mall is one of the few stores that retained it's original facade. They didn't "dumb" it up to make it look like a regular nothing special store. So I hope that plays a part in the decision. The only other store near us is in Burlington which is about 45 minutes away.
    Honeebee86, I hope your store stays open and you get all the old perks of working for Disney back again. And good luck with the college plans. You'll be so close to WDW!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Honeebee86 I was just in your store on Sunday and looked for you but I could not remember your name. I talked to the other cm and they are all really nice. I really hope they keep the Portland store open. There are no other stores that I know of in Maine so hopefully your store has a good chance.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by honeebee86 View Post
    I wasn't sure if anyone had put up a post on this yet. Disney is soon to be taking over 2/3 of the Disney Stores which are currently under contol of the Children's Place. This means that Disney will be closing a little over 100 remaining stores. I work at the Portland, Maine Disney Store and we have yet to know whether we are on the list of stores that are closing. I will try to keep everyone who is curious updated on this matter. We are all just on the edge of our seats at the store. If anyone else had any other information regarding this, I would really appreciate you all letting us know. Thank You and everyone cross their fingers that we doen't end up closing
    OMG!! I am always in your store....it can't close! It pretty much is one of my only reasons for going to the mall these days!

I know a lot of your co-workers! Mat And Beth are awesome...I probably have met you, too!

Good luck...I know we will be keeping our fingers crossed!!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got unofficial confirmation that the Marlboro store IS staying. I guess Burlington, MA has already closed. Rumor has it that they are filming a movie there and Martin Scorcese (sp?) was willing to pay more in rent. That store was very plain anyway because it was just a temporary location.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Today I saw the list of stores that Disney is wanting to purchase and my store (6589-Bel Air Mall in Mobile, Alabama) is on it. I read the wrong list at first and I started crying. I've worked there going on 13 years. It would be hard for me to let go.

I'm thrilled at the possibility to be once again working for the Walt Disney Company. I hope that under their leadership we will be the success that I know we can be.
    Next Trip: November 2008-- Disney Cruise: Land (the Poly) & Sea (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I am wondering where "my" Disney Store stands in all of this. Any information about the Chicago store?
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: