Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Well the good news is the Flyers are doing their best to ensure that Bettman does not get his way.

Honestly, if not for that one bad period, this series wouldn't even be close. The Flyers have completely and totally dominated this team through 8 out of the 9 periods.

I mean yeah, the Caps were within one goal last night, but the Flyers immediately struck back and blew the game wide open.

I honestly think this series is going to end in 5. I think the Caps are done.

Oh and by the way ... I lost any modicum of respect for Ovechkin that I might have had last night. He took one of the worst dives I have ever seen in my life last night. Seriously ... it was pathetic. If you missed it, go dig up the video. He touched skates with one of the Flyers and literally leaped into the air, twisting his body around like some kind of figure skater. It was so pathetically obvious that I figured he was getting an unsportsmanlike for sure.

Nope ...... tripping called on the Flyers, no unsportsmanlike called. It was so clearly a favorable call because he's Ovechkin. Anyone who thinks the refs don't favor the stars needs to check this video and then come back and tell me that.
Exactly why I can't stand Crosby. Or Brodeur.

These guys are so incredibly talented. WHY? WHY dive?

Then again, who could really blame them if the refs fall for it every single time. Grrr.