Quantcast Snack as meals?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Snack as meals?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Snack as meals?

Just wondering what you all think are the best options for snacks that could be used as meals??

We too have the free dining plan...

DH and I want to pack as little as possible for the flight down and were originally planning on brining down some simple make in the room breakfasts and snacks, but if we could use a snack as a meal--either lunch or breakfast it would save us packing and more money

Also, are there snacks back at resorts or are snacks just served in the parks???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks!!!!
    Last edited by *NikkiJ*; 04-28-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo
    Summer '90 Disneyland as a kid with my parents and grandmother

August '08 POR with DH and DS

January '14 CSR with just DH

November '14 CBR with DH, DS, DN (dear niece)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We always send ahead a box of snack's to our hotel. We have our DS (2yrs) So we send his diapers, swimmie diapers, wipes, and little snacks for the room (pop-tarts, nutra-grain bars,pretzels)etc... I don't have much input for snack as meal. But I find it easy to send ahead anything we are not coming home with. It cost us $17 to send the package and I always send a week before we arrive. You can get the Hotel address @ info central from the intercot broad, and you would address with Guest Name and Arrival Date. It works great for us everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been this year yet... but last september in our resort (all star music) in the gift shop we could get a box of entemans donuts for 1 snack credit as well as milk (not sure what size but larger than single serving) for another snack credit. You could also get liter bottles of water and 2 liters of soda.

I am not sure if anything has changed since then in the resorts but based on last year you could definately use your snack credits for a meal. Also I think in MK you can use a snack credit for one of those huge turkey legs....there is a lunch. Better yet if you get a turkey leg to split and head over to pinoccio restaurant and get some figaro fries to split. There are a few ways to make a meal out of a snack.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong, but I believe I read on a Snack thread here that the Dining Plan has changed to only allow single serving items under $4 as snacks, which means the donut boxes (multiserving) and turkey legs (over $4) will not be accepted as snacks for DP credits. The thread on the Dining Plan at the top of the Dining Forum explains and gives some ideas on what may be accepted as snacks that fit your needs.
    Last edited by SBETigg; 04-28-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: edited to add link to dining plan for 2008 thread
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We took breakfast foods with us (like cereal bars), but the AS Sports had breakfast items that counted as snacks. They had cereals, muffins, pastires, etc... We didn't realize it until the last day when we were trying to use up our snack credits.
    Mickey Mom of 2
    Coming Up: All-Star Sports 11/08
    Coming Up: CSR 3/09
    All-Star Sports 9/07
    Disneyland 10/06
    WDW Dolphin 7/04
    Off - Site 3/98
    Off - Site 6/93
    Off - Site 4/91
    Off - Site 3/83

Post Thanks / Like

I have an updated list of the 2008 snacks & for POR it states:

POR:
    Fruit bowl
    Yogurt parfait
    Brownie
    Cookie
    Carrot Cake
    Chocolate Cake
    Apple pie (danish)
    cinnamon roll
    danish
    applesauce
    mickey rice krispie treat
    Ice cream cone
    2 breadsticks w/marinara sauce
    cup of soup
    Milkshake
    Bottled iced tea
    Powerade
    juice
    milk

I'll be staying at POP & I see Cinnamon Roll as an option for us as well as fruit so I plan on doing that a couple times at least. There are many things in the park as well if you were wanting to eat there instead of the resort. I plan on packing pop tarts & a few packs of donuts or something like that for some other days.

Why do so many people mail packages instead of just packing the stuff?
    Upcoming Trip - 9/2012
    9/18/10-9/25/10 POP (kids stay & play free)
    9/17/08-9/24/08 POP (free dining)
    9/2000 CBR
    9/1998 Offsite
    9/1996 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnochio's Village Haus in the Magic Kingdom has "figaro fries" that you can get as a snack credit. They are fries with chili, cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream
    There is enough for 2 people to share, maybe not a full meal, but definitely a large snack.
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I would second the poster who said you could get milk and donuts, and add that we got pop tarts because it was all under $4...it's seems hard to believe that the determination would be 'single serving' OR under $4...it should be under $4 period!

I'd call your resort and see if you can get a list like the last poster mentioned. We also stayed at Music and were able to find all of those great things under $4.
    Mother of 2
    DVC Member since 09/07
    ASM 09/07
    VB 01/08
    AKV Concierge 09/08
    AKV Studio Savannah View 12/08
    DCL - Wonder 10/09
    AKV Jambo House, Concierge 01/10

Future Trips:
    BWV 09/10
    Hawaii DVC in 2011! Woo Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyatic View Post
    Pinnochio's Village Haus in the Magic Kingdom has "figaro fries" that you can get as a snack credit. They are fries with chili, cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream
    There is enough for 2 people to share, maybe not a full meal, but definitely a large snack.
    Figaro fries are great! However, there is no chili or sour cream on them. Figaro fries have cheese sauce, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and ranch dressing. The chili cheese fries at Pecos Bills are good too. Both are very filing, and we've been known to have them as meals. Not the healthiest, but very tasty!
    Erin- WDW College Program Alumni and current WDW Seasonal Merchandise CM- The Art of Disney Gallery/Wonderful World of Memories/Disney Days of Christmas @ Downtown Disney Marketplace șOș

Last Trip: June 4-6, 2010 @ CBR- Pirate Room!

Next Trip: Spring Break 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: