Quantcast Dumbest thing you have ever done while at Disney - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1st time ever driving into MK I went the wrong way and wound up lost in one of the CM parking lots. That was almost 20 yrs ago and I still get reminded about it.
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jforrest2 View Post
    Having your mom in your suitcase...now that's embarrasing!
    HAHAHAHA

Thanks for pointing that out... I can add that as my dumbest statement on Intercot... you are too much like my DH he would have read it that way too lol!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

How about walking with your family and they stop while you still go, talking and grabbing the arm of a perfect stanger...This didnt happen to me once, but twice during the same day to different people...But the worst is having your family standing and laughing at it...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Having a meltdown in MK on the 3rd night of our trip. It was the week of Columbus day and the parks were much busier than I'd expected. My parents and DH kept asking me "what do you want to do next?" I was in an absolute funk b/c I'd missed Spectromagic on top of it. And my mom suggested we go see Philharmagic. At that point, I completely lost it like a tired 2-year-old, started crying. I would have thrown myself to the ground to kick and scream too, but it was too crowded.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    LOL all y'all are crazy!

Of course then there was the time we were at AK for the first time. I love nature so I was so excited to see the all the animals. We were on one of the trails and I saw those adorable little dark eyed creatures - Meerkats. Well somehow I read it wrong and literally shouted "LOOK AT THE MEEKRATS! LOOK AT THE MEEKRATS" in a room full of ppl. I knew in my head it sounded wrong but I trusted my eyes (that'll learn me) and blurted it out. My Mom, Dad and DD all started busting on me and then everyone was laughing at me I took it in stride but Ill never be able to live it down.
    Ohhhh...I'm crying!! MEEKRATS?? HAHAHA Sounds like something I'd say....

This was not AT disney, but on the road trip TO disney...we were traveling with another family in a big van. Somewhere in Florida, my dad pulled over at a restaurant we'd never heard of, and it was my job to jump out, go read the menu located at the entrance of the restaurant, and come back to report what type of food they had. I came back, threw open the van door, and yelled "They have frog tails and alligator legs!" My parents STILL ask-20 years later- if I've ever had frog tails...

Post Thanks / Like

I once forgot our park tickets in the room at SSR and realized it as we were walking into the MK. I spent the next hour getting the bus back to the resort and then back to the MK again. My wife and then 4 year old were not happy. They had to sit in front of the MK, outside the gates and watch thousands of guests enter. I always double check for the tickets now.
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was yelling "Where's the track?? Where's the track??" at the top of my lungs the first time I rode Peter Pan--had no idea that when the tracks run out, the ride "grabs" you from above just before you enter Wendy's bedroom. DH and several cast members were howling with laughter.
    Haha, this is a great thread.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrkcr View Post
    Ohhhh...I'm crying!! MEEKRATS?? HAHAHA Sounds like something I'd say....

This was not AT disney, but on the road trip TO disney...we were traveling with another family in a big van. Somewhere in Florida, my dad pulled over at a restaurant we'd never heard of, and it was my job to jump out, go read the menu located at the entrance of the restaurant, and come back to report what type of food they had. I came back, threw open the van door, and yelled "They have frog tails and alligator legs!" My parents STILL ask-20 years later- if I've ever had frog tails...
    and you were laughing at ME??! Thats hilarious... frog tails. Cute!Reminds me of a time when I was a kid and we passed some horses and my Mom asked us if we saw those cows.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

One our first day we normally resort hop and use our own car instead of the WDW transportatin so we don't have to keep going to a central hub. There's one place (I think near the MK or MK hotels) there the sign says turn left/right whatever to go to a park or hotel (sorry, can't remember where it says it's pointing you). We followed it and were surprised to see non-Disney road signs telling use we were back on the regular interstate.

If that's not stupid enough, we did it again 15 mins later at the same sign.
    1994- Offsite
    1995- ASMusic
    1999- Contemporary
    2000- ASMovies
    2005- Pop Century
    2006- POR & AKL
    2010- Pop Century
    Dec 2011- Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

At Epcot I turned my back on my four year old son who needed to pee really badly......

He annointed the nearest topiary
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    At Epcot I turned my back on my four year old son who needed to pee really badly......

He annointed the nearest topiary
    Oh that's hilarious! My 4-y-o son just did this at the park 2 weeks ago. I was mortified!
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG, I think this is one of the best threads I've ever read (and I'm having a hard night so all the laughing is doing wonders for me...I can always depend on Intercot!). I'm sure that I had plenty when I way younger, but I can think of several just from the last trip. Let me just say that I have the worst sense of direction in the world but had studied the routes and maps until I had them memorized since it was our first time using Disney transportation. Of course this meant that I also spent a lot of time bragging to my sister about how I knew how to get everywhere and WOULD NOT get lost! Well I did pretty good the first half of the trip. Then the screw-ups began. I decided to take one of my famous "short-cuts" in DTD to get to the bus stop and we cut through the parking lot. I think we walked around most of the perimeter before finding buses! Then I was going to take another short cut to get to Epcot from DTD. This involved going through the Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk and a lot of hassle because I, of course, refused to admit I was lost! Staying at CBR I rode the internal bus around the entire resort first thing in the morning on 3 mornings before realizing the bus isn't leaving the resort (shocker!). The bus driver cracked up at me. The absolute worst thing I did, though, was when we went to check-in for our flight at the lobby. I didn't take any ID, just our park tickets! We wasted 2 hours on our last day going there, standing in line for no reason, hoping the internal bus (again) back to our room for the ID, then going back to check in on the internal bus (3rd time that morning), standing in line again to get our passes, hopping the internal bus (4th time) back to our room to get our carry-ons which for some stupid reason I didn't take either time, going back to the internal bus (5th time) to leave our carry-ons, getting the internal bus again (6th time) and going to a village to catch a MK bus. My sister laughed the entire time, especially since the internal bus driver was always the same and we were the only ones on the bus each time! Finally he just looked at me and asked if I needed some help but I told him I was "sight-seeing."
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Narawen View Post
    One our first day we normally resort hop and use our own car instead of the WDW transportatin so we don't have to keep going to a central hub. There's one place (I think near the MK or MK hotels) there the sign says turn left/right whatever to go to a park or hotel (sorry, can't remember where it says it's pointing you). We followed it and were surprised to see non-Disney road signs telling use we were back on the regular interstate.

If that's not stupid enough, we did it again 15 mins later at the same sign.

Craig? Is that you??

(thats my hubby) LOL

Thats SO something he would and HAS done. One time he passed the same restaurant we were trying to go to 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by beksy View Post
    ... My sister laughed the entire time, especially since the internal bus driver was always the same and we were the only ones on the bus each time! Finally he just looked at me and asked if I needed some help but I told him I was "sight-seeing."
    oh boy
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elmjimmlm View Post
    How about walking with your family and they stop while you still go, talking and grabbing the arm of a perfect stanger...This didnt happen to me once, but twice during the same day to different people...But the worst is having your family standing and laughing at it...
    Gee, so you were the one I was walking with.
    I had a lady grab me by the arm and walk me about ten steps before she realized I wasn't her husband. She was embarrassed and her husband couldn't stop laughing at her. It sure made my day.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cal5755 View Post
    HAHAHAHA

Thanks for pointing that out... I can add that as my dumbest statement on Intercot... you are too much like my DH he would have read it that way too lol!!
    Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm just glad that no one has taken the time to point out my typing mistakes!

I see from your signature that you will be down there the same week in September that we are going. It's going to be a looooong summer of waiting
    Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring!

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived at WL for the first time in 2006 and after checking in & getting our luggage to the room, our goal was to immediately head over to MK for a ride on Space Mountain. I was so in awe of the resort that I left my picture ID in the room when we headed over to MK. Well, I needed it to exchange my A/P voucher for the actual pass, so guess who got to take a round-trip boat tour of Bay Lake to get her ID???!!! I had DH and DS go into the park without me - talk about feeling like an airbrain!!!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    Of course then there was the time we were at AK for the first time. I love nature so I was so excited to see the all the animals. We were on one of the trails and I saw those adorable little dark eyed creatures - Meerkats. Well somehow I read it wrong and literally shouted "LOOK AT THE MEEKRATS! LOOK AT THE MEEKRATS" in a room full of ppl. I knew in my head it sounded wrong but I trusted my eyes (that'll learn me) and blurted it out. My Mom, Dad and DD all started busting on me and then everyone was laughing at me I took it in stride but Ill never be able to live it down.
    You mean they never had dyslexia of the tongue? (Or as I normally say it - lysdexia.)

My dumbest thing happened not once, but twice (and almost a third time) on the same trip -- We had ADR's one night at Boma for 7pm. i thought, "Hm, Animal Kingdom is the closest park to AKL, so let's get on that bus and transfer there." So we got in the bus line and waited...and waited...and waited. After about 15 minutes, it finally hit me -- Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm!! Two nights later we had ADR's at Jiko. Guess what...I did it again! This time it only took about 5 minutes before I put my brain back in my head and realized the mistake. But, on our last night, we wanted to go back over to AKL to walk the savanna trails. I started to lead us into the AK line, but stopped myself in time! (That'll teach them to let me lead the way!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

This was 1991-ish...

I bought embroidered Mickey Mouse ears for my friend Patti ( do they still sew personal names on the back of the ears?)

while I was staying @ WDW with my GF susie

I really really REALLY thought I had the ears hidden well enough in my suit case so Susie didnt find Pattis ears.

Oh well ...I havent spoken to Susie OR patti in years

Live and learn

Also same trip I drank so much at Pleasure Island one night that
    I passed out on the bus back to our resort.

I was a bit of a nit wit around 1991
    We are Siamese if you please

Contemporary Hotel Nov 1971
    Fort Wilderness 1974 & 75 (Ithink)
    Senior Trip 1983 off site
    Polynesian 1990
    Grand Floridian 1991
    All-Star Music 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter Feb '09
    Magic Kingdom 2/17/12

Post Thanks / Like

Red face My dumbest...

Riding Splash Mountain...

during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party...

wearing black face paint...

water-based face paint.

EDIT to add: My second mistake was not getting a picture afterwards!
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like

I have two...one at WDW and the other at DL

We went to WDW in December and I am normally a planner. I plan which parks we go to, all the places we will eat, what we will do at the parks, etc. My family always gives me such a hard time about it, I decided, I would cut back on the planning. I picked which park we would go to and then picked one ADR for each day and that was it. I figured we could save time and money by eating as we went and just picking places that looked good at the moment. HUGE MISTAKE. Then entire trip my family complained, "Where are we eating next", "What ride are we going on next", "It's 2:30 and we haven't eaten lunch, yet, how come" Never again will I go and try and be spontaneous.

During the 50 year celebration at DL, we went to DL twice. The first time we went that year was in March. The parks weren't too busy and the weather was great, up until the last night. We had heard on the weather report the morning we left the hotel that there could be possible showers, so we made sure to grab our DD's stroller cover. We went to the Gallery above pirates and found a beautiful park map that was something I had to have. It was about 4 feet tall in it's cardboard tube and the tube itself was about 6 inches in diameter. We had them deliver it to the front of the gate so we didn't have to pack it around. We were finishing up our last day at the parks and we always hit Tomorrowland last. We came out of Star Trader and noticed it started to sprinkle, so we covered up the stroller and walked quickly to the entrance. By the time we hit Main Street it was pouring buckets of rain. We then ran down Main Street to get to the main gate. My dh and I just looked at each other and we remembered the tube. We went to the counter to get the tube and asked them, do you have a big enough bag for us to carry this in. The CM looked at us and laughed. She then took it back to the storage and put as much tape as she possibly could to make the darn thing as waterproof as possible. We then had to run all the way through DTD, then all the way to the parking garage. By the time we got to the parking garage, my dd was sound asleep in her stroller, as dry as she cuold be and my dh and I looked at each other and we both looked like we had jumped into the pool with all of our clothes on. We were literally soaked through to our undies. My next comment to my dh was, why didn't we bother getting ponchos??? Thankfully, the poster made it home nice and dry too.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: