Quantcast Please Help...want To Extend Bounce Back Free Dining Stay

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Please Help...want To Extend Bounce Back Free Dining Stay

I am hoping you wonderful intercotters can offer your 2 cents on this. I originally booked trip 9/27-10/3 but we want to stay until 10/8. Is this possible? I was assuming it wouldn't be a big deal but I want to keep the free dining, I know they have the availibility so I am hoping this will work.

Thank you everyone for your advice & wisdom!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought free dining was over 9/20?
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

No---If you booked the bounce back offer while on property last September than there was an entire extra week. It ended 9/27 for the bounce back offer. We booked our stay on the very last day of the free dining which means we woud still get it for the length of our stay. We did that purposely because everytime we go, during free dining, we have learned the later the better......crowd wise and weather wise.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be a bummer, but I am almost positive you will be unable to extend your stay under the free dining bounce back offer.

I think you would have to book another reservation for the additional days you want to stay. I'm sure whatever resort you choose would attempt to accomodate keeping you in the same room if possible, but I don't believe extending the expired offer is possible. My sister in law tried to do that last year, and it was a no go. But, it never hurts to ask! Good Luck!
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeysmouse View Post
    No---If you booked the bounce back offer while on property last September than there was an entire extra week. It ended 9/27 for the bounce back offer. We booked our stay on the very last day of the free dining which means we woud still get it for the length of our stay. We did that purposely because everytime we go, during free dining, we have learned the later the better......crowd wise and weather wise.
    ahh I see.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I believe that you can extend that trip and have the free dining as long as there is availability under the bounce-back program. In Dec 2006 we booked the bounce-back for August 2007. The CM on the phone told me that we could make changes as long as we did not cancel the original reservation - if we cancelled the original reservation, we would lose the offer. We did change resorts, upgrading from Pop to POFQ, but kept our original dates. You can always call and ask - the worst that can happen is that you will be told that you can't. If you add on a second reservation, you will still have free dining for the first portion of your trip.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, it will be difficult but it should be possible. Just this past weekend I extended my trip. I was booked 9/11 until 9/21. We decided to stay until 9/25. Our reservations were for Pop.

So, I called the reservations department and got the spin of Pop is full and you will need to add a new reservation and all of that other nonsense.

On my own I tried a test booking that overlapped the time I was there with the time I wanted to extend and amazingly enough Pop had room.

So, I called back and still got the same nonsense. It did not make sense that I only wanted to add 4 days and got a no but I could add 14 days and get a yes.

That's when I asked to have my call escalated. I spoke with a wonderful castmember named Hilton. He said that happens all the time and completely understood my concern. He was on the phone with my for about 30 minutes and at the conclusion of my call he verified ALL of the changes we made. PERFECT.

Now we are going on 9/11 through 9/25 staying at POP the entire time in the same room (help!) with the Free Dining, and 10 days in the park!

So, I hope you can contact someone and ask them to escalate your call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EyeLuvDisney View Post
    So, I called back and still got the same nonsense. It did not make sense that I only wanted to add 4 days and got a no but I could add 14 days and get a yes.
    I'm glad you were able to get your situation fixed, but actually this does make sense. WDW only releases a certain number of rooms for a discount category at each resort. So, while there may be actual availability at the resort (the "yes" you got) there is no availability in the discount category at that resort. The manager you spoke to probably overrode the system for you. There's no guarantee that would happen again.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We not only extended our free dining bounceback reservation but were also able to upgrade to a deluxe instead of the moderate we originally reserved.

It took some tenacity. I can't remember how many times I called.

I finally asked for Guest Services and after explaining what I wanted to do and having the CM make mulitiple inquiries, we got what we wanted.

Good luck.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

thank you all for your assistance!!! I really think we'll be able to extend but I will keep you informed!!! God Bless intercotters!

Post Thanks / Like

I couple of months ago I was able to extend my stay on the Free Dining Bounceback offer no problems. The CM who I called up did it in a couple of minutes. I was originally going to stay from 9/20-9/28. However, I found a decent airfare I realized it would be cheaper to fly out the next day and add on an extra day at Disney. Gotta love math that justifies extending a Disney vacation!

I do think the ability to do is based on the availability of the resort and the promotion. I think because I am staying at the All Star Sports and that normally isn't on the top of everyone's list of places to stay made it easier.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: