Quantcast Just Questions: Can We Make It To The Fourth? - Page 56

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1127
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Has anyone seen any good movies lately? I want to go tomorrow afternoon and do NOT want to see The Hulk? Anyone see Get Smart yet?
    How about "the Love Guru" ???? It should be right up your alley !

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The pictures came through, Carol. You look very elegant. When will you be applying to work at the Morrocan restaurant in Epcot?

We started the day with thunderboomers and it's still dark and thundery. I think DW wants to head up to the big city to a JoAnn's fabric store; she need stuffin's for a project she's been working on and we don't have a fabric store in town any more. On a gray day like this, I think I'd rather just flop around.

Have a good day, all.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else have so many user names and passwords that they just forget them sometimes?

Beth, you can come hide out here anytime.

No, Ben does not like sand! It's one trait he didn't inherit from me... I'm not happy unless I'm living near a large body of water, and I LOVE the beach!
    I try to use the same password if I can. LSU requires a 15 digit password and that's a pain.
    Ellen I love the beach too. Did you see the pics? I could just live there. My son hates the beach too. Funny his old roommate is getting married and they are having the bachelor party down there. They will go fishing and stuff. It's more family oriented than the "college scene".
    We are trying to decide between going to the Keys and NYC...

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    So I could use a little pixie dust right now. As you all know I have been interviewing for a receptionist at our office. We are hiring someone else because we had advertised and were hiring a PA and were going to need some more office help. Anways the PA had been out of town for a while and she came in a couple days ago to check in. Well long story short, she doesn't think we're offering her enough money, she wants to wait to start with us until September, blah blah. Well that immediately put up red flags for me and the other girls in the office, EXCEPT for the doctor. She still thinks everything is fine, she wants to sign the contract on Monday, is fine with her starting in September, is ready to go ahead and still hire the receptionist, etc. All I can think is...what is she thinking??? This just seems like such a bad idea now. I want to work with her which opens up a whole other can of worms.
    Thanks for listening, sorry to be so long winded
    Sending and I agree with you... if you have having problems now it's a sign of things to come. You know what they say a leopard doesn't change his spots...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Happy Friday!
    Hey you - you left the coffee canister sitting out on the counter... and you forgot to take out the trash... and you didn't mop the floor...
    uhh... that was me... funny you can see that from there
    Diane, thanks for the support. I hid out yesterday after lunch.
    I don't understand why kids can't get time management. My dd calls me at 2 pm asks if I would go to lunch with her (translation: I'm broke can you feed me) and if she has enough time to eat lunch go buy paint, paint her bedroom in her new apt and asked if the paint would be dry before 6pm for when her friend was coming to help move furniture. I got there at 5 to help. We painted til the 9th inning of the LSU game. We are only 1/2 way done. When do kids learn that money doesn't grow on trees? She wants a new TV stand (would really love a new TV too) a new headboard and mattress, a new desk, because she just got one 2yrs ago but she got a white one and now wants to go back to brown furniture. She needs a fairy godmother.
    Hope all have a wonderful weekend.
    I must not have gone back far enough b/c I've been a little confused with the surgeries etc.... Maybe I should read some more....
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Also, someone will be getting his very own laptop so that he can do his summer work on it (and get off my laptop)

Bethany, have you thought about emptying out the closets and putting the kids in there to keep them quiet? Muawhahahaha! Also, been on any funny busses again lately? I was wondering what they were doing to 34th Street. Those new fancy bus routes —though much needed— could make it difficult to get to the Cancer Center.

Why don't you give him YOUR laptop and then YOU get a new one?

No, on Friday I was on a standard bus...no polka dots! (Image search on Google "NYC polka dot buses" if you need a visual!) Kind of boring LOL. They have been installing new bus shelters with Metrocard machines along Pelham/Fordham and they say the new route is supposed to start in June, so I'll be looking for the new bus route sometime in August. I guess the new route is also supposed to have signals to make the stoplights turn green and also a new design on the outside of the bus. I'm not sure how it will affect parking along Fordham. Should be interesting...
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Only 15 minutes until the a/c shuts off in here and I can warm up! While I do appreciate them running the a/c until 2pm in my office on Saturdays, without anyone else around and very few machines on, it gets chilly in here!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Did everyone have a good, nutritious lunch? I had the chicken off a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with a side salad with light ranch dressing. Not the most nutritious lunch ever, but it was really good!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    But... in between all my running around, I was able to get Emma's birthday cake done, it just needs to be decorated tomorrow. (She wanted a beach theme, so her cake is going actually be two cakes, cut to look like flip flops on the sand (crumbled graham crackers), and all our decorations and plates, etc., are flip flops and tiki stuff. ) I think she'll be very surprised!
    Blythe will you pleaeesseee take pictures of the cake? I'd love love love to see it. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Okay, I redid a few of the photos quickly and loaded them onto my webpage. It's not very many, but I'll try and get some more up within the next few days.

Can you see them now?
    Yes they are great, you look awesome and the decorations are so COOOOOL!

Thanks for all the thoughts and pixie dust everyone, I will keep you posted on what happens with the PA dilemma.
    I really hope you aren't stressing about work too too much...just let it flow and see what happens....the worst is when you worry about work when you're not at work, and you shouldn't be wasting your precious personal time on that. Btw I saw a sign today that said there was an animal adoption going on, I immediately thought of you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Will being able to attend just one day of the JQ meet be okay?
    No - not at all

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Just zooping in...I've read a few pages here and there on this thread, but not the thing all the way through.
    It's so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Did everyone have a good, nutritious lunch? I had the chicken off a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with a side salad with light ranch dressing. Not the most nutritious lunch ever, but it was really good!
    I had a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, honey and milk.

I bought the BEST candle today........hot fudge brownie flavored and my apartment is smelling amazing right now.

Hello to everyone else......glad to see you've all been chatting...enjoy your evening...
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    Blythe will you pleaeesseee take pictures of the cake? I'd love love love to see it. Have fun!

Yes they are great, you look awesome and the decorations are so COOOOOL!

I really hope you aren't stressing about work too too much...just let it flow and see what happens....the worst is when you worry about work when you're not at work, and you shouldn't be wasting your precious personal time on that. Btw I saw a sign today that said there was an animal adoption going on, I immediately thought of you!!!

I bought the BEST candle today........hot fudge brownie flavored and my apartment is smelling amazing right now.

Hello to everyone else......glad to see you've all been chatting...enjoy your evening...
    on everything,but the candle. I can't buy anything like that because it maks me want to eat brownies until the smell is gone.

Did anyone see my question?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Today is the 4th anniversary of my Belfour baby kitty dying He was only 7 and Mike found him passed away under his trailer in the driveway. He didn't look like he had been hit by a car or mauled but we didn't bother with an autopsy since he had been passed for most of the day. I sure had a strange vibe when he didn't come visit me in the morning while I was getting ready for work. He was the king of my castle and my baby boy, I miss him every day So, today I will be trying to find other homeless animals families in his name.
    Sarah, sorry about your little fur baby. Kind of ironic but my Mia also died 4 years ago this month. I guess that I didn't remember but it was June 2004. I miss her a lot. She was my baby girl. It doesn't seem possible she's been gone that long already.

How are we celebrating the end of sixth grade? We're going to plan some activities for the summer and plan out a daily schedule. Also, someone will be getting his very own laptop so that he can do his summer work on it (and get off my laptop). La actividad central de este verano es que va a aprender espańol usando Rosetta Stone (y su mami). I also want to get him started on some computer animation programs and computer drawing programs. i may even begin to teach him PhotoShop. And, last but not least, I'm looking for some art classes for him so that he can begin to round out a solid portfolio (in another year, he'll be applying for high school and that includes LaGuardia, sister school to the school featured in the movie Fame). If you ask him, he'll tell you he plans on planning RuneScape, Toontown and Wii Fit (and staying up late and sleeping in every day ). Sorry you asked?

Enjoying your weekend off, Mary?
    Very nice Ellen, and yes get him into all as many computer programs as possible. I'd kill if I could learn web publishing. I might go back to school and take some classes.

Still at work this weekend, more or less it starts the first full weekend in July.

Anybody have an extra question laying around?
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon all!!

Just got back from the mobile...two dogs and four cats adopted today!! WOO HOO!! Feels like a very good thing, I feel like Belfour would be proud. I thought of him a lot while there.

Now I think I'm going to lay down for a little bit before Mike gets home from work, then dinner and who knows. I'd like to watch a movie but I'll have to see what Mike wants to do (I should consult him, right?)

Hope you all have a quiet evening, I'll check in later!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon all!!

Just got back from the mobile...two dogs and four cats adopted today!! WOO HOO!! Feels like a very good thing, I feel like Belfour would be proud. I thought of him a lot while there.

Now I think I'm going to lay down for a little bit before Mike gets home from work, then dinner and who knows. I'd like to watch a movie but I'll have to see what Mike wants to do (I should consult him, right?)

Hope you all have a quiet evening, I'll check in later!

Sarah, I have often wondered what cause you to have such care for homeless animals and reading through the posts today I understand. I admire you greatly for doing what you do for animals..

Another friend close to animals is Marilyn Machetti- I remember reading when she lost her beloved dog. I felt so sorry for her,she really expressed her feelings well.
    Marilyn, if you ever stop by JQ, perhaps you can answer this for me - Did you ever decide to get another puppy to help fill the void left by the one you lost? I'm not trying to make you sad, just trying to find out something I've been wondering about.
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, everyone for your kind words!!! I see the pictures and think how dorky I look!! Then I think I really have to lose weight, but then again so far I've lost 4 pant sizes since I began dancing.

Sarah, if I can do it, anyone can do it. I have two left feet and didn't know a downbeat from an upbeat. We danced this year to Akon's "Shake Your Body" I'd like to learn something more intense, but first I have to get the simple stuff.

Emily, I helped with the stage decoration. My quilted wallhanging was the center piece of the stage. I like the dancing, but I really enjoy the costuming and stage decorating better.

Blythe, Emma's cake sounds really cool!!! You'll have to share your pictures!!

Ken, if your DW wants fabric, you can always bring her to my store!!! My sales were really bad this week and everything in the store was on sale for 50% off.

Hey, Buddy, if I could win the lottery tonight, I'd join you in December. Does anybody have any lottery pixie dust? I think if I could win $27 million, all tax free, there would be a trip to WDW and a meal for my friends!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Ellen I love the beach too. Did you see the pics? I could just live there.
    Would you consider me a braggart if I said I do live at the beach? (Well, whithin 15 minutes). DW and I went to another nearby beach town today because we'd seen something on the news that a donut shop there had just won some kind of national 'best donuts' competition. We got two each and they were really good. Can't say the workers were the friendliest around though. After that, we went to a couple of fabric places so DW could stock up on project supplies. Which brings us to...

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Ken, if your DW wants fabric, you can always bring her to my store!!! My sales were really bad this week and everything in the store was on sale for 50% off.
    I think we put on enough mileage to have gotten about halfway to your store today. After all that, we went to an Appleby's for for lunch/supper. I had the steak/grilled shrimp combo and DW had a steak with parmeson shrimp sauce. Anybody got any dessert left?

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I think we put on enough mileage to have gotten about halfway to your store today. After all that, we went to an Appleby's for for lunch/supper. I had the steak/grilled shrimp combo and DW had a steak with parmeson shrimp sauce. Anybody got any dessert left?
    No desert fo you !

If you were that close to Caroleh.... why didn't you stop in here ????? You must have been just down the road !

We had Grilled Rib Eye, Grilled red potatoes, Green beans and garlic toast.
    It sure was good !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    No desert fo you !
    OK, how much did DW pay you to say that?

Forgot to mention that I did all the driving today with no glasses on (except sunglasses). The first time in I don't know how long I've been able to do that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Today is a special day for a special girl !

.....Happy Birthday Emma !.....

Pogo, thanks so much for doing that -- her birthday is actually the 29th, we're just celebrating tomorrow b/c we'll be out of town on the 29th... but I'll let her know you've all sent her birthday wishes -- she'll love it!

Blythe, what a great party idea and the cakes sound adorable! Pictures, please!
    Not a problem! I'll upload some tomorrow...

... your summer w/ Ben sounds fun! I think it's great you're going to get him into the computer programming, etc... that's awesome.

Sort-of... we went out to Friendly's after the recital, and I had a Caesar chicken salad and some watermelon sorbet. Yummmm!

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    Sure will!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    on everything,but the candle. I can't buy anything like that because it maks me want to eat brownies until the smell is gone.
    Deb, I'm the same way... I can't ever burn anything that smell like food, all I want is to go buy some or bake some or forage for some somewhere...

Sarah, that's great!! What you're doing is so awesome....

So, the recital went great and the girls did such a good job and had such fun... I'll try to put some pics up from it, too.

At work.. gotta run... did I ask a question somewhere??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Where did everybody go?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Where did everybody go?

They went out to try to help you get your project done.

When do you think they will be back?
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else have so many user names and passwords that they just forget them sometimes?
    I just have to laught - at work they always say to not write them down. Yah right! Last time I checked I had about 35 or 36 different log ins/passwords for different systems, etc. Of course, you can't use the same for each, since some MUST have special characters, and some CANNOT have special characters etc. Plus you have to change them about every 90 days. Ugh!!
    Has anyone seen any good movies lately? I want to go tomorrow afternoon and do NOT want to see The Hulk? Anyone see Get Smart yet?
    We saw Narnia: Prince Caspian today. GREAT movie! I liked it even more than the first one!
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Why don't you give him YOUR laptop and then YOU get a new one?

Where did everybody go?
    I'm here! Just got back from pizza!! Guess the teriyaki chicken has to wait until tomorrow!

We were up early and went to the farmer's market for strawberries. There is NOTHING as good as Oregon strawberries! No sugar needed - they are super sweet! So now I have to turn them into Jam! (and restock the freezer that DD defrosted). Tomorrow we will likely need to transfer our wine from the primary fermentor to the next stage. I'm real curious to see how this all turns out!

So does anyone want any super sweet strawberries? I bought extra for breakfast in the morning!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad you guys came back. I thought I was all alone.

Cindy, did it warm up for you yet? I just saw that California is having some triple digit temperatures that are causing power outages.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Cindy, did it warm up for you yet? I just saw that California is having some triple digit temperatures that are causing power outages.
    Yep! Summer has arrived! It was 87 yesterday, and about 80 today. I sure hope it was nice down at the coast where DD is at camp! Do you think she misses us?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: