Quantcast Will we like Pop Century? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Your children will love Pop Century--or any of the value resorts. Whether the adults do or not is up to them. As other posters noted, if you go in expecting to dislike the resort, you will. If you go in with an open mind, you may dislike some aspects, but rejoice in the joy of your children--and have a good time in spite of yourselves.

The double beds definitely are less spacious than queen size beds, but you would have to upgrade to a deluxe resort for the queen beds.

Relax and plan to have some fun with your children!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh! And if noise from other guests is an issue, we encountered just as much noise when guests walked past our rooms at the deluxe resorts as at Pop Century.

If quiet is important to you, request a room on an upper floor and on the side of the building away from the pool. It's amazing how quiet it can be!

You'll still hear the turbo flush toilets when it's quiet at night--but we heard them at the deluxe and moderate resorts, as well. Close the bathroom door and sleep tight!

Post Thanks / Like

For our family we just tell ourselves it does not matter where we are staying we ARE at Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

stayed there a couple of days after leavin universals royal pacific....had a great time. its really bright and colorful. the old toys in the lobby were fun to look at....brought back memories from the 70s when i grew up...lol

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying there in December for the exact same reason you are. We are now taking 2 kids and have chosen to go with a less expensive room. We have only stayed here once before and our only complaint was that it is noiseier and we did wait longer for the buses (but maybe thats based on the time of year?). Our last stay was at Wilderness Lodge and it was definately quieter so I think we were used to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have always stayed at delux resorts until my past 2 stays. My family and I stayed at the Pop and loved it. Just like you I was very nervous, but was so happy to save a lot of money and enjoy a kid friendly atmosphere. You will love it. The busing is great, the food is great, the pools are great.

On the flipside the rooms and beds are very small, but hey who spends any time there anyway!

You will love it!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say My family and I have stayed at the WL, AKL, CS, and CBR. Our all time favorite resort is POP. The resort is just so kid friendly. The food court has something for everyone. The pools are just great and my DD just loves to take a break and play in the arcade. The buses are also the best that I have experienced. I was so disappointed in the buses at both of the deluxe resorts. The WL buses were the worst I experienced. Though it was beautiful I didn't like that the buses were shared with other deluxe resorts. I remember trying to get to DTD and we had to first drive over to GF to pick guests up. It took almost an hour to get to DTD. So like I said I will stick with POP. 2 more weeks and I'll be there again for the 3rd time.
    3/04 CS
    1/05 Pop Century
    12/05 CB
    1/07 WL
    8/07 Pop Century
    1/08 AKL
    08/08 pop
    1/09 pop & ss
    4/09 Pop for DD 8th b-day
    8/09 AKL (welcome home)
    1/10 AKL jambo house
    1/11 AKL jambo