Quantcast Character Makeover

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Character Makeover

I don't know if this topic was talked about (I'm sure it has been), but what characters do you think are due for a facial makeover. Meaning, the character looks nothing like their animated counterpart. Personally I think Stromboli is way overdue for a makeover, he looks nothing like he does in the film. Also, Queen of Hearts and I am still not crazy about the Robin Hood makeover. I feel they could do better and make him look less cuddly. Finally, I find nothing wrong with the way Tigger looks like, but his black nose bothers me SO much. Can't they change the nose already and make it pink like it should be.
    PGM

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard anything about it but I think the Genie needs a longer face, and Prince John's head needs to be smaller!
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

I agree wholeheartedly with the Genie needing a longer face, but Prince John on the other hand is alright with me. Maybe his head could be a bit smaller, but at least he looks like he does in the movie.
    PGM

Post Thanks / Like

Guess it would be more of a retro-makeover, but I liked the old , with the honey pot on his head. Anyone remember that? Guess I like the classics.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with VolMickey I prefer the old characters for memory reasons. I love the old 70's Donald Duck.
    I agree Robin Hood is too "stuffed animal", and Uncle Scrouge is just ugly.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Since they are also starting to bring back The Three Cabelleros, I think Jose and Panchito are due for upgrades.
    PGM

Post Thanks / Like

I may get thrashed for this one but I think Minnie needs a makeover, or at least a new "makeup artist". That bright purple-blue eyeshadow bugs me!!
    Erin- WDW College Program Alumni and current WDW Seasonal Merchandise CM- The Art of Disney Gallery/Wonderful World of Memories/Disney Days of Christmas @ Downtown Disney Marketplace șOș

Last Trip: June 4-6, 2010 @ CBR- Pirate Room!

Next Trip: Spring Break 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I got one Jane from Tarzan needs a little redone. What I mean is her hair. Jane don't have blond hair she has brown don't know who think that she had blond was crazy.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Oh by the way maybe Cap'n Jessica or Joanna can clear this up. I recently heard that a few years ago when they gave Brer Fox a shall we say, "wardrobe upgrade." That this is when they also pulled Maid Marian to give her the same "royal" treatment. But she has never reappeared as Brer Fox has. Have you heard this? When's the last time she was out? Was it late eighties?
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading on a board that is now long gone that Maid Marion last came out in either 97' or 98'.
    -Matt
    The Character Wizard

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Robin Hood..... I much more prefer the old style of him. Cannot stand the new Genie face at all.....not sure where that came from. When I was "friends" with the characters (from 98-05) Maid Marian had long been pulled in for a refurb....to my knowledge she has never been back out. Brer Fox's has a great new look...still true to the character but not as intimidating for the kids.

I've seen pictures of Tigger with the pink nose at TDL and he looks completely ridiculous....like him much more with the black nose.

Also heard that Dale is due for a change this fall...won't see C'n'D in the parks for a while until it's completed.

Always remember that it is more about the safety and comfort of the "friend" of the character then the actual appearance somtimes.

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

I do know that they remade Mickey and the gang recently for DAWM. now they blink and their mouths move!

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is better old Capt. Hook with 5:00 shadow, or new Capt. Hook with freakish grin?

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

They had no choice but to do that.

If you've ever worked theater, you would know that when something is on a stage, it tends to be further away and often the lights create unnatural shadows. So they always over-accentuate the makeup for the characters, including the princes and princesses.

To maintain the 'animated' look they gave Capt. Hook and Smee (they are fur instead of face like Peter Pan and Wendy for regular meets), they needed to do the make-up the way they did.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: