Quantcast Strange Ordering at Cosmic Rays?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Strange Ordering at Cosmic Rays?

We are heading to WDW in 2 weeks and I was looking over various meal choices. We have our ADR's all set, but I was looking for another CS at MK. We are already planning on stopping at Pecos Bill's, Columbia Harbor House, and Casey's, which we love.

The menu for Cosmic Ray's looks interesting, but we have good friends who have advised us to avoid it because of the weird ordering system .

Can you fill me in, and give me your opinions on Rays? Besides DW and I, we have DD15, DS13, DS11 and DD6. (Both boys are autistic - chicken nuggets and fries are a real plus with them when available.)

Thanks,
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At Cosmic Ray's, I do not believe you can order off the whole menu at every counter. There is one counter for burgers and hot dogs; another for chicken dishes and ribs; and a third for sandwiches and salads. I imagine ordering there could be challenging if everyone in the family wanted items from the different counters. Perhaps this is what your friends had in mind?
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

If you have small children and they all want different type meals it might be a challenge because you have to go to different areas to order....but for us, my son is 14 we can each take our on card order what we want and all meet back at the table.....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We eat at cosmic ray's every trip and yes they do have two sides to order from like mentioned above but don't let that stop you. We like it because the food is good and you can usually feed 2 people from one order.
    ---------------------------------
    DVC Member Since 04/08 Animal Kingdom Villas

CS 5/2010, SS 4/2010, AKV 11/2009, BW 5/2009,
    SS 2/2009, SS 10/2008, POR 7/2008, WC 8/2007
    POR 12/2006, POR 10/2005, POR 10/2004, FW 10/2002
    FW 10/1993, OS 12/1989

Post Thanks / Like

There are three different lines for different things. One for hot dogs and hamburgers, one for chicken and one for sandwiches. We usually decide before we get in line what we want and have 1 person in each line, while someone gets a table. Works out very well. The food here is good. The selection is excellent. The portions are huge. Also, the entertainment value is very high! We just love Sunny Eclipse! It is our favorite CS in all of WDW!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

While the selection at CRs is very good, the ordering system can be a nightmare. I often travel with my DS and I don't chose to eat the same things that he does. I'm not fond of juggling trays or leaving him alone at a table after getting him his food while I go get mine.

As a larger family, you might be able to pull CRs off (and Sonny is great entertainment).

Have a magical trip!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Just order the burger basket,add mayo,grilled onions and bbq sauce and you're in Heaven.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

They have a good fixin's bar, very similar to the one at Pecos Bill's. And yup, like everyone had said they have 3 "stations". I like eating and watching Sonny Eclipse.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

We love Cosmic Rays and eat there at least once if not more every visit. DH, DS and I all go and get our own meals as we usually all order from different counters and then meet up at a table.
    I just checked out their menu posted on Intercot. Have they changed this recently as I thought that I normally ordered some type of chicken or turkey wrap from there? I was checking as I always have to have my sandwiches specially made as I do not eat any condiments and I know that I have no problems getting my food here.
    As other have mentioned don't let the ordering system stop you from eating here.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

It's like going to the food court at All-Star Movies or eating at Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion at Epcot. There are different lines for different foods; they are marked. It will probably mean waiting in at least 2 different lines, depending on what your family's tastes are. We enjoy eating there even with this set-up.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrninGost View Post
    There are three different lines for different things. One for hot dogs and hamburgers, one for chicken and one for sandwiches. We usually decide before we get in line what we want and have 1 person in each line, while someone gets a table. Works out very well. The food here is good. The selection is excellent. The portions are huge. Also, the entertainment value is very high! We just love Sunny Eclipse! It is our favorite CS in all of WDW!
    Same here! We try to stick to 2 sides for ordering, then DH takes one set of orders and I do the other. DS 14 can get us a table and we can split up the other 2 DC just in case we need help carrying things.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

The best tip I have for the place is to try to get everyone excited about soups, salads, and sandwiches. We went in April around 11:30 one morning, just as it started raining. We went to the far window (that serves the above things), ordered, and were sitting & eating in within 10 minutes. Right after that, the place was FULL of people - long lines, no tables. And our lunch was really good - a wrap for DH and a BBW pork sandwich for me.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Question

What is the Kid's Choices on the ordering side that has 1/2 Rotisirre chicken & ribo combo?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: