Quantcast First Time at Pleasure Island - Advice!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Time at Pleasure Island - Advice!!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards. I've been to WDW many, many times, but I just turned 21 and my boyfriend and I are planning a trip specifically to see the PI clubs before they close. I'm dying to see AC, but what dance clubs are the mildest, so to speak? I'm not a big drinker or "partyer" and don't really care for the strobe-light, bass-thumping techno-type of clubs. Anything a little more low-key?

Also, does anyone know how late the buses run from PI to the resorts? I don't think I've every stayed in DTD past 10pm, so I have no idea!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on which day you go to PI, Motion is the place that you want to be for low key, BUT only during a weekday. It can get kind of crazy on the weekend sometimes, and I would assume it probably will with PI closing in September. Motion plays Top 40 hits and there is a big movice theatre style screen behind the DJ, that plays the music video. A great low key spot here is hanging out by the upstairs bars with the couches that overlook the dance floor. Also, buses to the resorts from PI run until 2am.

Hope this helps!
    Capt. Sparrow

Next Trip: 12/20 - Old Key West
    5/21 - Boardwalk Villas

Last Trip: 11/19 I 12/15 I 5/10 I 12/09 I 6/09 I 12/08 I 5/08 I 12/07 I 8/07 I 8/06 I 8/05 I 5/05 I 8/04 I 8/03 I 8/02 I 5/02 I 10/00 I 5/98 I 5/93 I 5/88

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Capt. Sparrow! That does help a lot! I am so excited for our trip, although it will be extremely hot in August.
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Go see the Adventurers Club. And if you like it: write Disney management to keep it open. (You can find the addresses easily if you google on "save the adventurers club".) Many others already did and we are now noticing cracks in the management bastion....
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Joker--sorry to go off-topic for a second--tell me you're not "joking"- you're seeing a possibility for saving AC? I am DEVASTATED that it is closing and have NO CLUE or understanding as to why they would decide to close such a unique and irreplaceable nighttime activity. (and yes, I have already given my two cents to management)

(sorry BWaygrl, I am not trying to hijack your thread!)
    July 1976-Off Site
    March 1993-Off-Site
    Oct. 1994-Port Orleans
    Feb. 1997-Port Orleans
    Dec. 1998-Dixie Landings-Cruise-Dixie Landings
    Nov. 2001-Caribbean Beach
    Nov. 2004-POR-CRUISE-POR
    Sept 2005 DL Paradise Pier
    Dec. 2006 POP
    Dec. 2007 CR
    Nov. 2008- POR
    Oct. 2010 BWV
    Nov. 2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same age group as you, Motion is my favorite club at pleasure island, its plays top 40 music and you find people around our age there, BET is also a decent club similar to motion w/more hip hop, comedy warehouse is fun, never understood adventurers club
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I really like 8 Trax...just because I like the music a lot! And of course Adventurers Club, and Comedy Warehouse are fun too!
    Jan. 99 AllStar Music ;Jun 01 AllStar Sports; Jul 2003 Dolphin;May. 04 -AllStar Movies, Jan 07 Wilderness Lodge; Jun 2007 Pop Century; Jan 2008 Port Orleans Riverside; Aug 08 Pop Century; Jun 09 Saratoga Springs, Aug 09 Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 10 Boardwalk; Oct 10 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone who says to go to Adventurer's Club!! I'll never get to see it again, sadly. So please, enjoy it for me!! For all of us who'll never get to go there again!
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debandbub View Post

No worries debandbub! I agree that the AC should stay put...and I've never been there! From pictures I've seen and things I've read, it sounds so different and fun, and I wish I had more time to explore it!

Post Thanks / Like

8 Trax is the best, fun music and easy to blend in with the crowd. Motion is pretty good too, more "modern" music, but bigger, and feels emptier sometimes, so harder to blend in. Blending in is important to me, as I am a terrible daner Adventurer's Club is fun, no dancing, but funny shows.
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

8 TraX is usually busy but if you like 70's and 80's music you'll LOVE this club. My husband and I are in our mid-twenties and we always make at least two trips to this club. We're very sad to see it go. Also -- there is plenty of seats above the dance floor and it's fun to watch everyone get crazy and dance throughout the night.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debandbub View Post
    Joker--sorry to go off-topic for a second--tell me you're not "joking"- you're seeing a possibility for saving AC? I am DEVASTATED that it is closing and have NO CLUE or understanding as to why they would decide to close such a unique and irreplaceable nighttime activity. (and yes, I have already given my two cents to management)

Yes, I do see possibilities. It just takes 1 person on "the inside" of this decision who starts rethinking and asks some questions. There are already reactions, a.o. from the board of directors, indicating that this process is starting. If that results in a review of the calulations and strategy, the outcome may be very different.

But it will remain important to keep writing to involved management AND to everybody else who may influence the decision-makers.
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love the rock club. Watching the live bands play there while enjoying a few drinks is very relaxing. I usually go there for a bit while my wife goes to 8-trax. Then we will meet up and hit the comedy warehouse and AC.
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

Post Thanks / Like

I too am extremely disappointed at the closing of the AC. AC is one of those special and unique Disney things that make a visit so memorable.
    I usually go in the off season and the place always has a good crowd. I have even seen the same people at the AC when my visits were months apart from each other. There is no doubt that the club is special. Maybe Disney can't just leave it there due to the refurb of the area, but I hope that they keep the Club alive.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    I personally love the rock club. Watching the live bands play there while enjoying a few drinks is very relaxing. .
    The Rock n Roll Beach Club closed in Feb...I loved the bands there as well.
    I vote 70's/we play a lot of 80's at the end of the night now club. GREAT place for blending- no one can dance and there's not attitude-just silly, care free. Do not miss the AC club! Cheers! I turned 21 down there and cannot imagine a better place to celebrate!
    07-08 Prem Annual Pass-logged 27 days!
    06 Off Prop- Renaissance
    06 PC
    06 Off Prop-DTD
    05 Off Prop- DTD
    05 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    04 WL
    03 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    02 College Program
    99 ASM
    96 Off Property-Magic Music Days
    94 POR (Dixiel Landings forever)

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard for me to pick a favorite club for you to do when your down there but one piece of advice i can give you is what to drink..pleasure punch..it's my favorite
    *~*~Linny~*~*

Post Thanks / Like

I guess at this point the best adivce is simply to enjoy it while you can
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Skip the dance clubs. You can go to dance clubs anywhere. Go see the Adventurer's Club before it's gone forever.
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks everyone!!!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to thank you all for your advice. My boyfriend and I just got back from WDW and had a great time (despite Tropical Storm Fay).

Adventurer's Club was absolutely awesome!! I am so sad that it will be closing. My boyfriend isn't easily excited, but he thought AC was great and kept raving about it. We went to PI two nights in a row, and on the second night, he said, "We can just go to the AC again. That was really fun."

I liked 8Trax also, but we didn't stay there for too long. And Motion we were in and out of.

The Comedy Warehouse was fun. That place is a treasure trove of vintage Disney memorabilia! That was my favorite part! Seeing the old Magic Journeys sign, a sign saying that Muppet Vision was "coming soon," the old PI logo....it was great.

Again, I'm sad I didn't get to experience PI longer, but at least I can say I was there before it closed. They should definitely keep AC open. I didn't feel like it was too 'adult,' if that's what Disney is worried about. There were little kids there with their parents, and they were having just as much fun as we were! Anyhoo, this post is long.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: