Quantcast Pondering a November 2009 trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pondering a November 2009 trip

Hi everyone.

My family and I are looking at going to WDW in November of 2009 instead of December due to the major increase of crowds in the first 2 weeks of December the past few years.

Can anyone tell me about trips this month?
    - weather, crowds, events that are happening, etc.

I would truly appreciate it. I feel as though your input will help me make my decision.
    WDW is my happy place

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went Nov. 2008. The crowds were manageable and we still got to see the Christmas decorations. We did go after the wine and food.

Post Thanks / Like

We go the 2nd week of November every year. I absolutely love it at that time. We go right between Jersey Week and Thanksgiving Week, so the crowds are very light. Last year we never got a drop of rain, barely saw a cloud in the sky, and barely waited more than 20mins for any ride the entire time. We were literally spoiled with great weather! The weather was usually chilly in the morning, very warm in the afternoon hours, and a little chilly during the evening... We buy WDW hoodies when we arrive so that we can bring them with us throughout the week.

Every year in November, DHS holds Super Soap Weekend...it always falls on the days we arrive, or when we leave. My mom used to go to this event every year by herself...it is very cool to meet some soap stars from ABC.

I also believe the F&W Festival runs through November, but not the whole month.

The Christmas decorations go up right after halloween, and let me tell you... the place is transformed into a winter wonderland, and everything looks amazing!!! We love the fact that we don't have to visit in december to be there for christmas!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great time!

We went around Veteran's Day in 2006 and 07 and loved it. Just stay away from DHS during soap days, but make sure you stay to see the Osborne lights.

It is a great time of year. The weather is great, not to hot, but you can still swim, and not much rain.

The waits can vary, but using fast pass makes it really easy. Most times waits were between 20-30 minutes for the more popular rides. We would take advantage of the extra evening hours a lot.

I think you would be happy going this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Soap weekend at one particular park?
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Super Soap Weekend is at the Hollywood Studios (I still call it MGM...sorry can't get the name switch in my head!). We have been both in early December and in early November. My vote is for November! It's just a bit warmer and if you miss Jersey week and don't go to HS during Super Soap Weekend the parks are a great place to be. We really enjoy the Wine and Food Festival at Epcot. In fact we are going this year in November for 9 days...I am really looking forward to it!
    Good Luck with your decision!
    1992 DisneyWorld (Contemporary)
    1994 Disneyland

1996 DisneyWorld (CBR)
    2004 DisneyWorld (WL)
    2006 December DisneyWorld (WL)
    2008 November DisneyWorld (WL)
    2010 October-November DisneyWorld(WL)
    2011 November Disneyland Resort- Grand Californian

2015 WL Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I am also torn on early Nov or early Dec. I thought Christmas decorations weren't all the way up until late November.

My wife loves Christmas and this will be her first time to the World and I want it to be a knockout punch with the magic and the decorations. I am also afraid of the ever increasing crowds in early Dec.
    May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting your vacation.

And many others ongoing....
    Poly/AKL Dec '09
    CSR: Dec '02
    WL: Dec '01
    WL: Oct '00
    BW: Oct '99
    Offsite(blech): '93

Post Thanks / Like

bump...
    May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting your vacation.

And many others ongoing....
    Poly/AKL Dec '09
    CSR: Dec '02
    WL: Dec '01
    WL: Oct '00
    BW: Oct '99
    Offsite(blech): '93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1010 View Post
    Can anyone tell me about trips this month?
    - weather, crowds, events that are happening, etc.
    I've been at the end of October into early November and found the crowds to be quite reasonable. The weather was comfortable during the day and little cool in the evenings (although sometimes it can be warm the full time). In addition to the Super Soap weekend, the Food & Wine festival does run through the first couple of weekends of the month (and usually concludes the same weekend as the Super Soap weekend), there is often an event at Downtown Disney this same weekend as well. There is also "Jersey Week" where schools are out in New Jersey for a good portion of one week, and many people from New Jersey take advantage of that and do WDW trips. There are also 2 holidays during the month - Veteran's Day (which generally corresponds with Jersey week) and Thanksgiving. There's also election day.

Quote Originally Posted by Finiamh View Post
    I am also torn on early Nov or early Dec. I thought Christmas decorations weren't all the way up until late November.

My wife loves Christmas and this will be her first time to the World and I want it to be a knockout punch with the magic and the decorations. I am also afraid of the ever increasing crowds in early Dec.
    Christmas decorations aren't fully in swing until after Thanksgiving. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party begins in November, so the decorations are pretty fully in place at the Magic Kingdom for that. Disney has announced that the Osbourne lights won't begin as early this year as in years past, and to get the full knockout punch, I would definitely want to see that. The Candlelight Processional also does not begin until after Thanksgiving, as well as the Christmas Around the World also at Epcot. So, to get the full impact of Christmas, I would stick with early to mid-December.
    Rhonda

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: