Quantcast Help w/ meal suggestions please...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help w/ meal suggestions please...

Hi All! So sad but I am not going to WDW...
    However, my best friend and her family are and they just booked their trip for Nov 1-8th.
    NOW she calls and says help me w/ meal suggestions! I make mine at the 180 day mark but not them!
    She has a DD10 who now hates princesses and a DS9 who is a great sport about anything.
    My DBF and her DH round out the group of 4.
    My first thoughts were WCC and Boma. Her kids are great eaters and even like sushi! So any help from the Intercot Experts is greatly appreciated!! TIA for any advice!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Prime Time Cafe can be fun. Or Sci Fi if you think they might like the atmosphere (we're not crazy about the food).
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'd add 'Ohana for either breakfast or dinner, and Kona for any meal!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Our DD is 15. And I am probably the most picky eater EVER !! And DH, well he's just likes to have a cold one w/his meal! Our solution? Pick a late afternoon/evening, take a leisurely stroll about the WS lagoon, and eat and dring your way "around the World!" I guarantee you'll find something for everyone. Be sure to try something in each country and catch some of the musical acts, like "Off Kilter" in Canada, and "The British Invasion" in the back gardens in UK. And if you time it just right, you should be finishing up just in time for Illuminations. We always reserve one, sometimes 2 evenings for our relaxing stroll "around the World".
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely stick with the WCC suggestion for lunch or dinner. Another dinner option would be Ohana's. Like a previous poster mentioned, 50's Prime Time is another good choice for atmosphere and a good laugh.
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

June 2006-POR (Anniversary)
    Dec. 2007-Pop (My Birthday) 9 DAYS!
    September 2008-POR

December 2009 OKW for MVMCP!
    Upcoming..September 2011-BLT/AKV for MNSSHP!

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned last week and had WONDERFUL meals, although we did reserve back in March, and even then, we had a a tough time scheduling. We took our DD and her best friend, both 20 years old, and we did have fun at Prime Time. The food wasn't fantastic, but good, and we did have a good waitaress this time who made it alot of fun. I would also try breakfast at O'Hana. We had breakfast there last year and it was fantastic. This year we had dinner there and it also was wonderful.... ALOT of food, but you'd better be meat eaters!!! We have also had good meals in the past at Cape May Clambake at the BC..it's not usually too hard to get into. The best find we thought was a CS meal....someone on this site recommended Wolfgang Puck EXPRESS in Downtown Disney (right in back of the Christmas shop) and it was fantastic. The food was delicious and it was by far the best CS we had. We liked it so much we ate there twice! Hope these suggestions help!
    '76--off site Sr. Trip
    '90--first trip with DS and DD...Poly
    '91--The Greens
    '93--POR
    '95--POR
    '98--WL
    '01--WL
    '04--DS's Sr. Trip--All Star Sports
    '06--DD's Sr. Trip--All Star Sports
    '07--BC for our 25th anniv.
    '08--POR...8/13-8/18 CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

oooohhh! The clam bake idea sounds great! Is that a character meal? And I like Wolfgang's Express too! I hope she will try one of those! Thanks for your help! Keep the great ideas coming!

Post Thanks / Like

:

Planet Hollywood (Downtown Disney) has good food and a great atmosphere. My kids (12 and 8) love it.

Also, the 50's Prime Time Cafe (DHS) is another favorite. The food is pretty good, and it is A LOT of fun - if you are a good sport.

We also like....Liberty Tree Tavern (MK), Mama Melrose (DHS) and the Garden Grill (Epcot).

With kids, I would stay away from Le Cellier. Hardly anything was eaten off of their plate (and mine).

07/87 - Disneyland
    09/92 - OFF (honeymoon)
    08/06 - POP
    06/08 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

They will be there during Epcot's Food & Wine Festival.
    Be sure to tell them to reserve a couple of mealtimes for eating from the kiosks around World Showcase Lagoon. Especially since they sound like they enjoy new and different foods.

And since we are well within the 180 day mark- I would concentrate on the resort restaurants for better availability.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay for starters they are going to have a really hard time finding anything at this point. We are heading to the World November 6th - 18th and I have had all of my dining made since the 180 day mark (like many of us Intercoters) but I have recently been trying to make some changes to no avail. I call everyday and have had no luck. I would have a list of restaurants they would like to dine at and go from there. At this point I think they will have to take what is there. Some of our favorites are:

• 'Ohana
    • Crystal Palace (breakfast)
    • California Grill
    • Hoop-Dee-Doo Review
    • Whispering Canyon Cafe
    • 1900 Park Fare
    • San Angel Inn
    • Tutto Italia
    • Nine Dragons
    • Le Cellier
    • Mama Melrose's
    • Beaches & Cream

Others I have heard good things about:

• Narcoossee's
    • Citricos
    • Rose & Crown
    • Yachtsman Steakhouse
    • Yak & Yeti

Good luck!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wendydarling and KAT1811! Your suggestions are VERY helpful! KAT,Your list ROCKS!

They have been able to book Crystal Palace, Hoop De Doo, Biergarten so far. I was shocked they got the HDD booked but they did!!

They were unable to book LeCellier but are still hopeful. That is a hard one IMHO!

Thanks again for all the great tips!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hi Everyone! My DBestF and her family are all set! Here is what they booked:
    Hoop De Doo
    LTT
    Biergarten
    Tusker House(Character Breakfast)
    Tusker House dinner
    new Italian restaurant (EPCOT)
    CP dinner

They are still trying for LeCellier. If they get that, they will bump the new Italian place off and go to LeCellier instead! Thanks to all my friends at Intercot for all your great thoughts and ideas! She is all set!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: