Quantcast Anyone ever do this? (complicated situation)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone ever do this? (complicated situation)

Here's our situation...

DH and I booked 2 rooms last year for the bounce back promo this fall. 1 room is in my name, and the other in DH's name. (Both rooms were reserved and paid in full with the same cc.) My sister is going with us now--and she's booked in my room.

What I want to know is how hard will it be (at check in) to get myself put into the room with DH and our children? What do I need to ask? (trying to make it as NON-confusing as possible for the CM...) Will there be an extra charge for it? Hopefully, when all is said and done, my sister will be in the other room by herself, and DH, myself, and the boys will be together in our room.

Ugh...does that make any sense?
    Just looking for some help. TIA!
    Last edited by DisneyAggies; 09-13-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Trying to make wording less confusing...

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think it wouldn't be a problem if all you are doing is booking the rooms. I believe you are allowed 2 adults & 2 children per room.
    Disney World:
    1996 Honeymoon @ Wilderness Lodge
    1997 Caribbean Beach
    2001 All Star Movies
    2006 Pop Century
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 BCV/AKL

2012: AKL June 26- July 6

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem that this may cause is with the kttw card for room charges.

For example if your sister stays in the room reserved under your name, you would want your room charges on your credit card and her room charges on her own credit card. You should ask the CM when checking in if it is possible to separate them that way. I wouldn't even mention the fact that you are not staying in your reserved room. Not that it's not allowed because it is, but that part may complicate your request when explaining it to the CM.
    Let's Go Phils!

First trip: CBR Halloween 2007
    Last trip: WL September 2008
    Next trip:WL September 2009

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

See, that's the issue...I want out of HER room so that her charges go onto HER ccard (that she'll put down at check in for charging privileges), and my KTTW to go to OUR credit card--hence moving me from the other room.

Anyone understanding??

1986 Tampa
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I would ask the CM at check in to connect her kttw card to her credit card and yours to your own card. I've never done this before but I would imagine that it could be done and probably happens pretty often.

Maybe you can call the resort ahead of time and say "There is another adult in my room and I would like their kttw card connected to their own credit card, is this possible?"

Good luck!
    Let's Go Phils!

First trip: CBR Halloween 2007
    Last trip: WL September 2008
    Next trip:WL September 2009

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

But, if I'm not booked in the room with DH and our kids, then my KTTW wouldn't unlock the door to the room with DH and DSs in it now, would it? So, I'd need to have DH's KTTW card with me or have the boys stuff in the other room too??

Ugh...

It would be so simple if I could just change from...

Room #1
    DH
    DS1
    DS2

Room #2
    Myself
    My Sister

to...

Room #1
    DH
    DS1
    DS2
    Myself

Room #2
    My Sister

Is that not possible to do at check in?

1986 Tampa
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure they can put you in the room with your DH. You might confuse the CM a bit ... but I would think they could do it.

If they can't why not ask for an extra room key?

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of have the same issue, last year booked two rooms 1 for me and 1 for hubby. My mom is going with us but I am not really concerned about the room charging stuff so I am keeping everything the same. I am wondering though it you have free dining and make all the changes if it will effect anything. Will it matter if you have additional guests now.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not really any easier to use the room charge vs. your credit card. Both take just as long to use when paying for things. My husband thought I was so silly for using the room charge last time instead of just paying directly on a card.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAggies View Post
    See, that's the issue...I want out of HER room so that her charges go onto HER ccard (that she'll put down at check in for charging privileges), and my KTTW to go to OUR credit card--hence moving me from the other room.

Anyone understanding??
    Understand completely. As I'm in the same situation. I booked 2 rooms from last year one in my name, the other in older ds. Now got my sister with her son/my nephew coming. So got to get it switched. I posted a question very similar to this a bit ago. Not sure I got true confirmation that it can be done. But I will certainly try. I really don't see why. The KTTW cards aren't even printed until you actually get there. But good luck to you.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, luvdiznee!
    I'll have to let you know if it works...when's your trip? We check in on the 25th!

1986 Tampa
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAggies View Post
    Thanks, luvdiznee!
    I'll have to let you know if it works...when's your trip? We check in on the 25th!
    OMG, how funny. Well I geuss we will be finding out if it works about the same time, since we check in on the 24th. We will be at WL. We will have to definitely compare notes when we get back (30th for us). Have a great trip.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

LOL
    That's too funny!!

We get back on Oct. 3--so yes, we'll have to compare notes...or we could just exchange cell numbers!

Enjoy your trip!

BTW, I'll be the Mommy pushing the double stroller with 2 devilishly handsome boys in it!

1986 Tampa
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I would really advise you to call Disney and ask!!

I say this because I'm 99.9% sure that the room that you are staying in must be in your name before you get there. We were there at Easter - the trip was a gift from my in laws. They paid for all 5 of their kids (and all grandkids) to go. Each room had to be in each kids name from the get go.

So the room my husband and I stayed in had to be in our name, even though his parents were paying. Disney had to send the summary/ bill for the reservation to our house and everything! (DH's mom told us not to look at the bill!)

I hope you have a great trip - I can't wait until my sister can go with us!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is the same thing or not but our DD booked her family of 6 in two rooms at ASMovies for Dec. Something came up and both older boys (one considered an adult) who were staying in the second room weren't going to be able to go. She asked DH and I if we wanted to take their room. Of course we jumped on it. She was going through MJ and Wendy said she had to book a room on that reservation in our name first and then she cancelled the room in the boys' names to keep from having to cancel the whole reservation for changes. Then she connected the rooms.

You might want to contact MJ and go through them for the changes and let them handle it since they do things like this all the time.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by judoma View Post
    I would ask the CM at check in to connect her kttw card to her credit card and yours to your own card. I've never done this before but I would imagine that it could be done and probably happens pretty often.
    1) Moving people around is done all the time.
    2) Just ask at the front desk.
    3) I would write down who is in what room.
    4) They can assign peopel and keys more easily.

5) As for room keys and credit card charges
    . . . Every room key with charging can be tied to a different credit card.
    . . . Those arriving at same time or even later can tie their key to their own credit card.
    . . . Have them ask for a "SHARE" when they check-in. (Use this specific word.)
    . . . If CM doesn't know how, ask them to check the Front Desk Manual.

Example:
    Mom and daughter in same room.
    Mom can have her room key tied to the mother's MasterCard for mother's purchases.
    Daughter can have her room key tied to the daughter's VISA for daughter's purchases.

Process:
    . . . mom checks in, with her credit card, just as usual and gets room #1212
    . . . daughter tells Front Desk CM this is a "SHARE" room
    . . . daughter must use this exact phrase, as it has special meaning
    . . . daughter checks-in using her credit card and gets a virtual room #1212a
    . . . repeat for as many credit cards room people want to use
    . . . mother and daughter (and others) purchases now go to individual credit cards
    . . . one or both could pay a part of the room bill
    . . . the 1st to check-in gets charges for phones or room service (system glitch)
    . . . this can be done for as many room keys that have charge privileges

NOTE: If the Front Desk refuses, ask for the Front Desk Adviser (FSA). If the Adviser refuses, ask for a manager. If the manager refuses, ask for the Guest Services Manager (GSM). The magic words, are "I will go as high up the chain as I have to go in order to get what is in your own Procedure Manual." Managers get dinged if a complaint goes above their level. Also, using terms like SHARE and FSA get attention, because employees realize that you know what you are talking about.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Rusty Scooper said, charging privileges can be set up however you want....when we went last, my mom put her own deposit down with a credit card for her KTWC....and I put down cash on mine, there were no problems and no mixups....my sister was also in the room and she just used her debit card and put nothing on her KTWC...everything worked out fine. The only problem might be if you have the dining plan...everyone in the room must be on the dining plan and all credits are pooled together.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we're on dining...so that would be another issue--

So...from what I understand I can get moved over to the room with DH and DSs--just need to make sure the CM understands, right? 'Cause the other way (splitting charging, etc) is just too complicated!!

1986 Tampa
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Moving people around is done all the time.
    2) Just ask at the front desk.
    3) I would write down who is in what room.
    4) They can assign peopel and keys more easily.

5) As for room keys and credit card charges
    . . . Every room key with charging can be tied to a different credit card.
    . . . Those arriving at same time or even later can tie their key to their own credit card.
    . . . Have them ask for a "SHARE" when they check-in. (Use this specific word.)
    . . . If CM doesn't know how, ask them to check the Front Desk Manual.

Example:
    Mom and daughter in same room.
    Mom can have her room key tied to the mother's MasterCard for mother's purchases.
    Daughter can have her room key tied to the daughter's VISA for daughter's purchases.

Process:
    . . . mom checks in, with her credit card, just as usual and gets room #1212
    . . . daughter tells Front Desk CM this is a "SHARE" room
    . . . daughter must use this exact phrase, as it has special meaning
    . . . daughter checks-in using her credit card and gets a virtual room #1212a
    . . . repeat for as many credit cards room people want to use
    . . . mother and daughter (and others) purchases now go to individual credit cards
    . . . one or both could pay a part of the room bill
    . . . the 1st to check-in gets charges for phones or room service (system glitch)
    . . . this can be done for as many room keys that have charge privileges

NOTE: If the Front Desk refuses, ask for the Front Desk Adviser (FSA). If the Adviser refuses, ask for a manager. If the manager refuses, ask for the Guest Services Manager (GSM). The magic words, are "I will go as high up the chain as I have to go in order to get what is in your own Procedure Manual." Managers get dinged if a complaint goes above their level. Also, using terms like SHARE and FSA get attention, because employees realize that you know what you are talking about.
    I'm going to put all my cards on this!I hope I'm not taking it too lightly, or sound as if I am, because it does matter to me as well. But just can't do nothing til I get there. 9 more days...
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

I really have no idea, but my only question would be: Is the bounce back offer tied to the persons names who was in the original room when you booked this trip? If so would you not loose the discount if you change the name on the reservation?
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: