Quantcast Eating healthy???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eating healthy???

I've recently lost 30 lbs and am now faced with the temptations of the DDP. I'd like to go ahead and eat whatever I want during my sit down meals, after all it is vacation. However, I'd like to behave otherwise with snacks and counter service. Any ideas on some guilt free counter service meals and snacks??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go!!
    I like the pineapple spears at the Dolewhip counter- they are individually rapped and very cold and juicy- we grab one and sit on the benches under the Swiss Family tree and people watch-They are really juicy so be sure and grab a bunch of napkins
    Most cs places offer something healthy instead of fries
    the rest. in Frontier land (Pecos Bills?) has a great chicken wrap
    Mickey's toon town has a fresh fruit stand just outside of Goofy's Barnstormer that sells apples, oranges, bannanas and some really great bowls of watermellon, cantelope and other seasonal fruits- I think they were under $4.00 last year
    Hope you have a great time

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmic Rays has rotissary chicken (sorry for the spelling)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Most all the counter services have salads and
    veggie sandwichs. I think you will be able to
    enjoy your meals. There are so many choices
    that are healthy.

Post Thanks / Like

CongratsI just lost 21lbs and am having the same thoughts for our up coming January trip.
    We find that the Sunshine Seasons food court at the Land Pavilion at Epcot has the best and healthiest CS choices.
    I am also kinda glad that they did away with the appetizers with the TS meals because I would feel too guilty having both an app & desert. And since it is vacation, I will enjoy my deserts. Just have to walk a little more.
    Enjoy your vacation and your great accomplishment.
    "We're too excited too sleep!"

1979 & 1981 Off Property
    April 2002 POR
    January 2003 POR & BC
    April 2004 POFQ
    January 2005 POP
    November 05 CBR 20th Anniv
    January 2007 WL
    January 2008 WL
    December 2008 POR
    November 2010 POFQ 25th Anniv
    Next trip 2013 January POR

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

prior to our trip in Junei had lost 38 lbs. I had told myself that i was going to eat waht i wanted while at disney with in moderation . I even drank nothing but soda's while there. I thought for sure when i got hom and stepped on my scales the next morning i would going to have all 38 lbs back. but low and behold I had actually lost 3 more lbs. i think with teh fact that iw as active with walking and swimming it helped with what i was eating and kept my metabolism on track. Good luck with it, and have a magical trip.
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

Default Healthy eating

First, congrats on the weight loss!

I asked for "fresh fruit" in the restaurants for dessert. Some could accommodate and some couldn't. There is a healthy choice at nearly every counter service, but watch the counter service desert that comes w/ the DDP. Chocolate cake ended up on my tray way too often. I asked for grapes a few times (a kids meal choice) and got them instead of the cake!
    I figured that I walked about 3-5 miles per day. What was harder was getting back on track once I got home.

Have fun!
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Post Thanks / Like

You should be fine, since they serve something healthy at almost all of the CS places. Congrats on your weightloss!!

I am going on my 7th month of going to the gym regularly 4x a week, and I am very happy with my results. When we go to the world in November, I will be choosing more healthier meals than I normally would when I'm there. I'm not even worried about it because I know I'll feel better after I've eaten. I run 2 miles a day, so I am looking forward to all the walking that is ahead of us!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Columbia Harbor House in MK has a very delicious Tuna sandwich that you can get with an also delicious cup of veggie chili. They also have a yummy salad.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: