Quantcast Fast Pass (...port)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Pass (...port)

Woohoo!

I just got my passport in the mail!!

I applied for it on Thursday... 8 days ago! So fast! And I didn't pay for the fast processing.

Just that much closer to our next cruise...

So remember, you MUST have a passport to get on the boat. And apparently, the passport processors are twiddling their thumbs, waiting for something to do. So if you've been procrastinating, now seems like a great time to go get your passport!!!

K, Slater!
    I take the Ferry!
    26.08 , -77.54 , 210°, 0 kn...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I take the Ferry View Post
    So remember, you MUST have a passport to get on the boat.
    While I agree, it's still best to have a passport, per the most recent update, it will not be a requirement until June, 2009. Any US citizens cruising before then will still be fine with a drivers license and notarized birth certificate.

From the US Governments passport site:

LAND AND SEA TRAVEL
    The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s website.

CURRENTLY:
    U.S. citizens need to present either (a) a passport, passport card (scheduled to be in full production beginning in July 2008), or WHTI-compliant document; or (b) a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.
    LATER:
    On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
    ...per the most recent update, it will not be a requirement until June, 2009. Any US citizens cruising before then will still be fine with a drivers license and notarized birth certificate.
    Wow, they must have delayed the deadline... again. I guess I haven't checked on that in a while.

Funny, our 5/09 cruise will be our second cruise that we were told we had to have a passport, then found out otherwise. The first was in 9/07.

Well, I'm glad I have the passport, just in case they ever decide that it will actually be required!

Sorry for the mis-info!

K, Slater!
    I take the Ferry!
    26.08 , -77.54 , 210°, 0 kn...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: