Quantcast Jungle Cruise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Jungle Cruise

Hybrid View

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Imagineer View Post
    those jokes are hilarious (the above ones, not the ones I quoted! But I definetly remember a male skipper using the 'stay in school..' one for us. And when I was in Tiki Room, the host made fun of HoP. Is that allowed? Just wondering
    Nope, making fun of any other attraction is not allowed.

We used the "If you think this was boring, well visit HoP and come back and then we'll talk." And we've gotten in trouble for it.

Or sometimes, they'll say take your time to the HM - and start spieling that attraction pre-show. Which is fine because it's not making fun of the ride.

I'm quite guilty of using the stay in school one. Frequently. Especially if there is a hold up.

My ending spiel goes sometime like this:

If you look to the docks, you'll see there is a dock to the left and a dock to the right. We call that a paradox. And if you notice there is a skipper in front, and a skipper in the back. We call them, a pair-a-dorks. If you find that when you get out, your feet are wet - guess what! You got off on the wrong side, get back in and try again. Yeah, my mom always said that if at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Yep...she's really proud....of my brothers. Kids, stay in school. Otherwise, you'll spend your entire life going around and around....every 10 minutes....for the rest of your life.

I really need to have someone film my spiel the next time I am there so I can YouTube it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post

We used the "If you think this was boring, well visit HoP and come back and then we'll talk." And we've gotten in trouble for it.

Or sometimes, they'll say take your time to the HM - and start spieling that attraction pre-show. Which is fine because it's not making fun of the ride.

I'm quite guilty of using the stay in school one. Frequently. Especially if there is a hold up.

If you look to the docks, you'll see there is a dock to the left and a dock to the right. We call that a paradox. And if you notice there is a skipper in front, and a skipper in the back. We call them, a pair-a-dorks. If you find that when you get out, your feet are wet - guess what! You got off on the wrong side, get back in and try again. Yeah, my mom always said that if at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Yep...she's really proud....of my brothers. Kids, stay in school. Otherwise, you'll spend your entire life going around and around....every 10 minutes....for the rest of your life.

I really need to have someone film my spiel the next time I am there so I can YouTube it.
    WE'll be there nov 21-30 jessie camcorder in hand :P
    July '78 - Offsite
    Aug '94 - Offsite
    Nov '96 - Offsite (honeymoon)
    Nov '97 - CBR (2nd honeymoon)
    Jul '04 - Offsite (DS & oldest DD B-day)

Nov '08 - POR (youngest DD b-day & 12th aniv.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post

This is too funny... I heard almost every one of those a few weeks back ... ... I guess I better not say which day or who the skipper was, I wouldn't want to get them in trouble.
    '72 Kissimee
    July '94 AS Sports
    Aug '05 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Aug '06 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Sept '08 POP ( FREE DINING)
    Oct '09 POP ( FREE DINING)

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

The managers know a lot of us don't do OG spiel, but if a Guest were to complain, then they can't protect us by saying, "Well, that's the script," because it's not and I've heard some get pretty rough.

I personally only use the mother in law one at night, otherwise my joke is:

Man, I really hate it when my brothers go through my room when I'm not home. Yeah, that's my oldest brother there trying on my clothes. It's sad how they look better on him than they do on me.

It all depends too. Like I said, one Skipper Joe does an amazing OG spiel. It's all in the delivery.

As for filming me, I can try to pick up a shift there. Technically, I am not at Jungle anymore but I still have my training so I can keep picking up shifts. It's harder to find me now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hummm.... When we were there in June, we had a JC Skipper who definatly made fun of the other attractions, after he talked about how great they were. Esp the parades and Wishes. He did his own little speil about how Wishes sounded, told us not to go to either of the parades that night because they were to crowded... again gave his little speil about it. If I am not mistaken, it was a EMH night. I know Spectromagic was about to start because we were stopped, waiting for a boat to come out from the backstage holding area (or atleast thats where he said it was coming from) and he told us by time we got off, we were going to have to run to our next attraction to avoid being blocked by that silly parade.

But he was really funny. Considering the amount of time we were stopped, he had alot of material he seemed to have to make up to waste time. He was probably one of the better, if not the best Skipper we had on that trip. I just wish I had remembered his name.
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

I can appreciate that George is older and therefore tends to stick to the script, but he really did not do a good job of the jokes he told for us. He seemed to forget parts of the jokes, or possibly not even be telling jokes at all, for instance,

"Here are two of our crocodiles, Fred and Ginger, watch out for Ginger."

"Here's the world famous Inspiration Falls. If you watch it long enough you'll be inspired"

"Here are some of our giant butterflies, they can have up to a 12 inch wingspan."

"It looks like there are gorillas in my camp again."

There were very few punchlines at all, and those that were present were very poorly delivered. We almost found it funny because we did know all of the punchlines and were able to say them to ourselves, in fact, I think the couple next to us were laughing at ours more than George's.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was just having a bad day, but it really ruined the experience for us. We had to go back just to get the bad taste out of our mouths.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was at the parks last week, we had a great Skipper who was very funny! I really doubt the hilarious Willy Wonka reference in the dark tunnel was part of the "real" script, among other things. Shame I can't remember her name.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile wait a min...

I was told by a skipper that all the animals seen were real except for the two animatronic ducks following the boats....

But I'm thinking he may have been pulling my leg. I think the ducks were real to....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: