Quantcast Someone clue me in on ME and Southwest...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Someone clue me in on ME and Southwest...

We're taking ME for the first time in January and we're flying Southwest.

I know Disney doesn't collect your bags from Southwest and we'll have to do so ourselves. But, that's all I know.

Is there anything else I have to do?

Where is ME in relation to Southwest baggage claim?

I'm a completely neurotic and truthfully the thought of facing the unknown in a large airport with 3 little ones completely freaks me out!

TIA!! Any info would be truly helpful!!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickey&missy View Post
    We're taking ME for the first time in January and we're flying Southwest.

I know Disney doesn't collect your bags from Southwest and we'll have to do so ourselves. But, that's all I know.
    Sure they do! Southwest doesn't participate from the resorts TO the airport (on your way home).

Post Thanks / Like

OK--keep calm!!! Disney will take your bags from the airpoort to your resort as long as you have your yellow tage on the bags and you check in with the DME desk at the airport. On your return to the airport you will have to take your bags to the bus and then check them in at the airport for Southwest. It is all very easy, we fly Southwest and had our bags in our room within 3 hours of landing. They do a great job and it is so easy- not to worry!! Have a great trip

Post Thanks / Like

We always fly Southwest and take ME...never a problem. We literally get off the plane, get on ME and head to our hotel. I don't even give it a second thought. Our bags arrive in hours at our room. Just don't forget your yellow tags!! Going back, you will board ME with your luggage. You will have to check your bags yourself at the SW counter. Have a great time!!

Post Thanks / Like

We're going in January also (22nd-28th) - when are you going??

Post Thanks / Like

We also fly SW to WDW. It's so easy to use ME!! Just make sure you have your yellow ME tags on all of your checked luggage. Once you check your bags at your departing airport, relax and enjoy the flight!! Your bags will be waiting at your hotel within a few hours of your arrival!! We have never had any trouble with ME!! It's so nice to be able to hand over the luggage at the airport and then check-in at the resort and head to the parks!! It's so much easier with little ones as well!! Have a great trip!!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Luv ME.... but

I fly SW all the time too. Me is a great benefit. One word of advice though. If you flight is arriving in the evening you might want to make sure you have overnight necessities (pjs, tooth brush, meds, change of underwear, etc) in your carry on. Sometime while luggage from evening arrivals make it to your resort later that same night, it may not make it to your room until the next morning. This happened to me once because of a weather delayed flight.

Post Thanks / Like

OH!!!! Thank you guys soooooo much!!! I completely miss understood!! I'm glad I asked the question!! This makes me feel a whole lot better! and saves me $240 because I was thinking of getting a limo again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev&Ev Mom View Post
    We're going in January also (22nd-28th) - when are you going??
    Hello to a fellow Long Islander!! We're going the 3rd through the 9th

Quote Originally Posted by wdw_gramma View Post
    I fly SW all the time too. Me is a great benefit. One word of advice though. If you flight is arriving in the evening you might want to make sure you have overnight necessities (pjs, tooth brush, meds, change of underwear, etc) in your carry on. Sometime while luggage from evening arrivals make it to your resort later that same night, it may not make it to your room until the next morning. This happened to me once because of a weather delayed flight.
    Our flight lands at 2:30 but I figured, just in case I pack the pj's and any necessities in the carry-on! Mostly because I am completely neurotic
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

OK...Here is a tip that wasn't mentioned that might help you out...

At MCO when you are heading toward the DME you have to go all the way down to the bottom floor.

My advice is to TAKE THE ELEVATOR!!!

The escalators don't go all the way down to the bottom and you have to get off and on. I had my DD in her stroller and took the elevator and went right down and walked right to the DME desk. The rest of my family walked around for 1/2 and hour trying to find DME. The airport personnel weren't very helpful with directions.

Also, the only time we had to mess with our bags was on the way home. They have these little carts that cost $3 to put your bags on right when you get off the bus at MCO. Then we went right in and got in line at check in. Pretty easy.

Have a great trip!!!!
    Making Memories With The Mouse!!!

6/98 = Dolphin (honeymoon)
    5/01 = All Star Movies
    2/02 = All Star Movies
    10/02 = All Star Movies
    9/08 = Pop Century
    12/10 = POR

Cast of Characters:
    Me =Tanya
    DH = Rick
    DS11 = Ashton