Quantcast Not-Worth-It Attractions - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMe2EPCOT View Post
    While everyone knows I'm a DW nut, there are quite a few attractions that, well, can be skipped. It's a matter of opinion of course, but what's your list? Here's mine:

• Country Bears - Boring, weird, and poorly maintained
    • Stitch - Bring back Alien Encounter!
    • It's a Small World - Boring & annoying
    • Tiki Birds - Under any management
    • Circle Vision movies - way outdated and boring
    • Sounds Dangerous - Why is that still there?
    [*]Country Bears - some of the greatest music in any of hte DIsney original showes, and it's under massive refurbishment, so the sound argument will soon be unfounded.
    [*] Stich - totally agree, although I wasn't a fan of Alien Encounter either.
    [*]IASW - Either you love it, or hate it. It's a classic, so it's not going anywhere.
    [*]Tiki Birds - Agree, go back to the original, DL's still draws a good crowd.
    [*]Circle Vision Movies - again, Canada's was replaced last year, and France's is supposed to be. They're mostly scenic movies, so updating them isn't that big of a need.
    [*]Sounds Dangerous - I still like it. It forces you to use your imagination a bit, not have stuff forced down your throat. I also recently had surgery to repair a major hearing loss, so it's almost ll new to me.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom Sawyer
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    SOARIN!!!!!

that should cause some debate...ha

No argument here! After one or two times, the appeal was lost for me. In fact, I was wishing Food Rocks was back!
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

This subject absolutly infuriates me. It has been on here for about six weeks, and I have avoided it. I guess I will go ahead and say something. I said something similar several years ago.

WHAT A SPOILED SOCIETY WE ARE that we can be so picky and choosey about what is not "WORTH IT" at Walt Disney World.
    People! Do you realize what you are saying?

Think of the millions (yes, millions) of people who would give ANYTHING to come to WDW for even one day and ride ANY RIDE AT ALL. Their dream is just to get thru the gate. Maybe not even ride anything - just be allowed to wander around and look.

How smug, how indulged we are to sit around and declare some world-class ride, show, or attraction as "not worth our time." I personally consider it a priviledge (albiet one I have PAID FOR) to spend the day at ANY Disney theme park. How wonderful! How rare! How pleasant and magical! How UNDERSERVING!

Sure, you can say "Well, I PAID for this experience, so I can cast dispersions on anything I like."

I guess you can.

It may be boring to YOU, but it is a dream come true for thousands upon thousands of others. And for many, many more thousands, it will be a dream that NEVER comes true. They will never get thru the gate. And if they could, I am absolutely CERTAIN they would think Tikis fascinating, the Bears hilarious, Small World as enchanting, Stich as brilliant, and Carousel of Progress as pure nostalgia.

Maybe my comment will cause a firestorm, I don't know. All I know is, we are awfully SPOILED as a society when we can sit around and declare these cherished, world-class entertainments as not worth our time.

And by the way ... what does "not worth it" mean, anyway? You PAID for every single attraction when you bought your ticket.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPan View Post
    This subject absolutly infuriates me. It has been on here for about six weeks, and I have avoided it. I guess I will go ahead and say something. I said something similar several years ago.

WHAT A SPOILED SOCIETY WE ARE that we can be so picky and choosey about what is not "WORTH IT" at Walt Disney World.

Think of the millions (yes, millions) of people who would give ANYTHING to come to WDW for even one day and ride ANY RIDE AT ALL. Their dream is just to get thru the gate. Maybe not even ride anything - just be allowed to wander around and look.

How smug, how indulged we are to sit around and declare some world-class ride, show, or attraction as "not worth our time." I personally consider it a priviledge (albiet one I have PAID FOR) to spend the day at ANY Disney theme park. How wonderful! How rare! How pleasant and magical! How UNDERSERVING!

Sure, you can say "Well, I PAID for this experience, so I can cast dispersions on anything I like."

I guess you can.

It may be boring to YOU, but it is a dream come true for thousands upon thousands of others. And for many, many more thousands, it will be a dream that NEVER comes true. They will never get thru the gate. And if they could, I am absolutely CERTAIN they would think Tikis fascinating, the Bears hilarious, Small World as enchanting, Stich as brilliant, and Carousel of Progress as pure nostalgia.

Maybe my comment will cause a firestorm, I don't know. All I know is, we are awfully SPOILED as a society when we can sit around and declare these cherished, world-class entertainments as not worth our time.

And by the way ... what does "not worth it" mean, anyway? You PAID for every single attraction when you bought your ticket.
    No, I don't think that you'll get flamed for saying it. I was thinking something like this the other day. I was talking to a guy at church that had taken his family to WDW, and we were talking about where we stayed, ate, etc, etc. Well, standing right there was another guy that goes to church with us who is a social worker and graduate student, with a stay-at-home wife and six kids. I don't think that they'll ever be able to afford to take that family to WDW. And it's a shame. They're great people, and great kids. I'd love to take them and show them around. But who can afford that? They'll never get the experiences and memories that my kids have with us going to WDW.

Now, that's not to say that these kids aren't happy and perfectly contented not having a clue what they're missing (I think that they're a little sheltered). But still....

In any case, there are things at Disney that I don't enjoy, but I just do the things that I do, and i'm perfectly happy.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Try to remember that just because you maybe 20/30/40+ years old now and you think that Swiss Family Robinson tree house, or Country Bears or Fantasyland seem outdated, kids ABSOLUTELY love those attractions. They use their imaginations and those attractions spark their interests. To them the country bears are alive and really singing to them and we need to be respectful of that. Just because you've rode it 25 times doesn't mean it is old and needs to be replaced
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Carrosel of Progress was BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP
    ( In 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 days to go and counting )

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

If nothing else a thread like this shows that if you look hard enough you will find people that love and hate just about every attraction at WDW.
    As I've read the comments I keep saying to myself "what's wrong with him for not liking this?" or "how can she possibly enjoy that?"

But the fact is WDW is built to appeal to a variety of people from a number of different backgrounds and cultures. And as several previous posts have pointed out, what is totally boring to an adult can easily be the most exciting thing ever to a small child.

There are attractions that you could only get me on with a gun at my head, but that doesn't mean I feel they should be torn down, depriving those that DO enjoy them the opportunity.

OK, off the
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

before i say this, i'd like to say i'd take a lousy attraction at WDW over better one elsewhere...

that said...I think these attractions gotta go!

Circle of Life film-preachy and not very funny. i mean come on, who among us SUPPORTS pollution?! why the guilt trip in such a happy place?

another vote for stitch

the backlot tour-shame too, since this used to rock. either revamp it like crazy to sack it.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one Im surprised I havent seen -- Mad Hatter Teacups. In my opinion, lacking in every way (story, theme, line, ride, etc.)
    That being said, my lovely wife and I went for our first time together this summer. As soon as she saw this ride, she lit up. She told me all her stories about how her dad would ride with her, even tho it made him sick. Those memories meant a lot to her, and we ended up with lots of rides and pictures. I think this says something about why some love a ride that others abhor or just dont "get". Im glad WDW provides so much diversity, so we can all find our own magic. If you read this, I love you so much Elizabeth
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdewan View Post
    I strongly object to Country Bear Jamboree and It's A Small World being on that list. These are classics and we still enjoy them on every visit. However, I wouldn't mind an occasional update (such as recently done on HM) to keep them fresh.

Country Bear Jamboree - what ever happened to the multiple shows? They were alternating between the Jamboree and the Vacation Hoedown for a while, but have been stuck on the Jamboree for maybe a decade now. And why no Christmas show?

It's A Small World - I'm anxiously awaiting Disneyland's refurbishment to complete, as rumor has it that they are adding new show elements, such as Alice In Wonderland for the England segment. Perhaps WDW will follow suit as it did with HM.

But even without updates these attractions are still worth seeing in my opinion.

Oh I agree! IASM is absolutely gorgeous. I say that being someone who, at a younger age, thought it cloying and sentimental and not at all exciting, and who was reintroduced to it shortly after its renovation when I brought my then 4 year old son on it, who loved and it and still loves it (and he is a Triple Coaster Whammy kid). Just about everyone has made a joke at IASM's expense. That's okay. But check it out again. Maybe you have to grow up again (or down) to like it. It makes my heart happy every time.

Country bears is, IMO, hysterical - a total goof. I cannot believe what a rip it is on that whole genre.

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

For me the only attractions that are not worth it are ones with a long line. I'll do almost anything if the wait is not too bad. I make strategic use of fast pass and I do some of the headliners early in the morning. Of course there are things that I enjoy more than others and you can never fit it all in, but I'm not sure there's anything I'd want to axe.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    At least they are not metal hard rock benches, right?
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I look at it a little differently - I have limited time on my vacation, and want to get the most possible fun out of it. If I had a lot more time and a lot more money, I bet I could spend a couple of months at Disney to try out every single attraction! But the problem is that I have to make choices, and it would be a shame to miss out on something I might love by going on a bunch of things that aren't quite as good. Without being a disney veteran, how would I know? So I have to read the opinions of others to decide for myself. One example: I've only been once before. I did NOT go on Soarin', and from what I've read since, I REALLY missed out something I'd enjoy very much. I spent a LOT of time in line going on Mission Space and Test Track, neither of which I really enjoyed. My time would have been much better spent heading straight to Soarin', and I read these threads with interest to help me plan my upcoming trip, in December.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPan View Post

I guess you can.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done all of these, but if I never do them again, I won't lose any sleep over them:

1. Caroussel of Progress (this is where I take my catnap since DH insists on doing it every year)
    2. Stitch
    3. Speedway (or whatever it is called with the race cars that don't really race)
    4. Laugh Comedy--sorry, it just isn't funny to me
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

American Adventure (I fell asleep the only time I saw it and my snoring woke me up) and Stitch's Great Escape (Alien Encounter was so much better!).
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I can skip and not miss Living with the Land, Barnstormer, Sounds Dangerous, Kali River Rapids, and Flying Carpets and Triceratops Spin(why does there have to be 3 of the same ride)
    Nov. '95.....off-site
    Sept '08.....CS
    Dec '08......POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I could never go to MK and not see COP. It is like Christmas without a Santa.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    I could never go to MK and not see COP. It is like Christmas without a Santa.

Truly. DW and I absolutely adore COP. Some friends we took last time sort of scratched their heads; but I love the pure nostalgia of it. It's pure 'Walt'; all pluck and optimism, joy and hope, retro and futurism; family and Americana. It's absolutely charming.

Post Thanks / Like

What amazes me is how everyone keeps saying how much they hate a particular ride because it is outdated or boring. However, when one closes or is upadated everyone complains about it. Some attractions like Mr. Todd's wild ride, Horizons, Alien Encounter, and If you have Wings seem to have more fans now then when they were open.

Disney is a business, just because you do not like something does not mean that everyone does not like it. If an attraction was not bringing in a crowd Disney would close it. So even if an attraction does not seem to be bring in large crowds it probably is. Many of the attractions that I have seen people list are shows which can have several thousand guest go through in an hour.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: