Quantcast Any ideas??? Help me make Xmas Xtra special for my kids

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any ideas??? Help me make Xmas Xtra special for my kids

Hi all...Taking the family down to WDW in January 09 (4-11)...I have 2 kids (8yo girl and 3yo boy)...First trip for both...Bought the vaca for Christmas present...Neither have any idea (wife didnt either until she called the bank and did her wifely duty of wanting to know where the money went...go fig lol) Anyways...Do any of you exprienced "Magic Makers" have any ideas on how to present the vaca as a gift to them on Christmas day??? Thought about Dis store and stuffed animals with Dis $$$ but neither enjoy stuffed animals...Give me some hints...Please?...lol...TY Jay in Indiana

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a couple ideas...

We've never given/received the actual trip, but my brother upgraded our hotel rooms for Christmas one year. He put together a code and hung the key to the code on papers all over the tree. Your 8-year-old might enjoy something like that.

You might also make a "brochure" with pictures of your hotel and the parks and include a ticket for the dates of your trip.
    "You're not Mickey Mouse, you're a rat!"
    "Rat, Schmat! Besides, they're tourists! What do they know?"

Post Thanks / Like

I would order the personalized maps that have your name on them and the planning DVD...have a family night make some hot cocoa and suggest they watch a movie and pop it in and let them see what's in store

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the disney planning dvd also. You could also get some disney dollars and put them in their stockings. Maybe try to figure out a way to print out "tickets" for disney on the computer and put them in an envelope on the tree addressed to each child.
    Coreen

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they have favorite characters? If so, for CHRISTmas (not Xmas, there is no such holiday - sorry personal peeve) you could get them DVDs of their favorite characters and put a card in each telling them to pack their bags 'cause they are going to visit them in person!

Post Thanks / Like

The past couple of years Disney offered a telephone call from Mickey on Christmas day to let your family know of an upcoming reservation. I wonder if they will do it again this year? We did it two years running.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Certificates ~

We gave my parents a trip to Disney for Christmas last year and it was awesome. I did some certificates based on the year of millions dreams folder and photo shopped it a bit. One was just Mickey for Dad and Minnie for Mom and it said 'you have a date with Mickey/minnie' and the date of the trip. They turned out beautifully! if you want let me know and I can arrange with you to email them so you can see what they look like.
    By the way, my parents were blown away - they are in their late 60's and had never been. :-)
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Default Im loving the ideas...Thanks

BTW...I used the X in Xmas to save for space...I agree with you as well in regards to Christmas...Thanks...I appreciate all of the ideas...
    Last edited by Beast_fanatic; 11-26-2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Terms of Service

Post Thanks / Like

In Addendum: I have been waiting for 3 months for WDW planning DVD...Still not here...

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine surprised her children for Christmas one year. She wrapped several items to be opened by the children that were clues to the trip. A few things that I remember were a small toy airplane, Disney toy, mouse ears, and carry on bags. If you get creative it could really be a fun Christmas morning. Good Luck and have a great trip!!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

You could do clues that hang on the tree to lead them to the conclusion of the disney trip or on a scavenger hunt. My friend also did one once where she got a picture of the castle (you could do Mickey or whomever their fav. characters are. She took it to wal mart (or wal greens or any places that have the photo machines and had the picture ( made by clip art ect) made into a puzzle. You can add words to it and let them put it together Christmas morning. Any way you decide to do it will be great.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A disney trip will also be a christmas present for our 3 kids (10-8-5) this year. We are going in april. It will be their first time, first time also for my husband, second time for me (20 years ago...). I am planning a big treasur hunt (Santa will give them the first clue) that will end...i dont know how right now....wanted to have them wach the dvd (found in a treasure chest of course!)as the last clue...but the 2009 planning dvd is not here yet....plan B will be a calendar with disney character and a special message in april...plan c would be a puzzle with disney character and an invitation. Still have some work to do!!!!
    Fort wilderness april 2009 with the kids and the most wonderfull husband and father...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: