Quantcast Pre-pay Photopass?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-pay Photopass?

Hi All,
    I remember seeing something about there being a discount for pre-purchasing a Disney Photopass CD, but I don't recall where or when I saw this or whether it was still available. I haven't used Photopass before but was looking forward to it for my upcoming trip. Does anyone recall seeing anything about why you would want to prepuchase the photopass cd...
    Thanks,
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just do a quick google search for it. You'll find it no problem. It is for $99.00 but if you wait until after your trip it is $129. So it is a pretty good savings. When you go down though, be sure to get LOTS of pictures taken. There is no limit on the number of pictures taken.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Also no need to worry about the "what if i do not like the pics?", You can always get your money back, within 14 days of your trip (i believe that is the right number of days, please chime in if this is wrong)...but once the cdis ordered there are no refunds.

enjoy it, we sure did.
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

This will be so worth it, especially knowing you can change your mind. I wish we had done it on our last trip. ON the photopass images that were taken for us, there was 1 in particular with DW and the Genie in Epcot that would have been worth $99 just for that shot! I am kicking myself for not ordering the CD and having many more pics taken. Sadly you can not get single shots digitally sent to you so.. it had to wait, but next time we will go crazy with the Photopass pics and see just how many we can get.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

I do think, if you purchase the CD prior to you coming home, you do Not have access to the disney borders. Once home, you have 30 days to edit the photos & use the disney borders, then purchase the CD. Yes, the cost is mor, but I like having the borders to play around with. Good luck and Enjoy!!
    God bless,
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marymouse2003 View Post
    I do think, if you purchase the CD prior to you coming home, you do Not have access to the disney borders. Once home, you have 30 days to edit the photos & use the disney borders, then purchase the CD. Yes, the cost is mor, but I like having the borders to play around with. Good luck and Enjoy!!
    God bless,
    We purchased the cd in advance of our trip and had full access to all borders.
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I preordered the cd and did have access to all of the borders. My problem right now is that when I went to order my cd and put in the promotion code I was given to redeem my cd without any more charges or shipping charges it keeps saying that the promo code is invalid or expired. I have tried a few times to contact them and have not received any response. All of my photos expired yesterday. They are still there but I am seriously panicking thinking that they may be gone before they finally respond to me. As much as I love having them take pictures I found that I had a hard time convincing my family to stop for photos so I did not get as many as I wanted. If your family does not mind taking lots of photos it is really worth it but for us I think this will be our last time using it. I will just take pictures myself whenever I can convince them.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

We found that with our big group of 6, the prepaid CD was a bonus in that it encouraged everyone to stop and take pictures - even those who would otherwise be reluctant!
    We got some beautiful shots that the photopass photographers took and we had full access to all the borders and editing functions.
    BCV June 2009
    Swan Mar 2009
    OKW Sept 2008
    BCV July 2007
    BCV Dec 2006
    AKL Jan 2006
    ASM Oct 2005
    BCV Oct 2005
    BCV May 2005
    BCV Dec 2004 (our first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Prepaid or not, once the pictures are loaded up to your account on the Photopass website, you have the same access as anyone else. So, don't worry, prepay and enjoy it.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

we did the pre paid photo cd on our april 2008 trip and it was worth it. I take a lot of pics but many times like the ones the disney photographers take but didnt want to pay the high cost for 1 pic. It was great.

I took someones advise to tell the photographers you preordered the cd and then they take extra pics and give more attention. It worked out great.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, "my bad". I wish I had correct info
    b4 I went to WDW. I would have pre-pd the CD. As of now, some of my photos are lost. An entire day @ MK and lots of photos taken @ Grand Flo b4 1900 Park Fair. I hope they find them. Anywho, thanks for the "Correct Info". Thanks and God bless,
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerfreak View Post
    I preordered the cd and did have access to all of the borders. My problem right now is that when I went to order my cd and put in the promotion code I was given to redeem my cd without any more charges or shipping charges it keeps saying that the promo code is invalid or expired. I have tried a few times to contact them and have not received any response.
    This same thing happened to me and my photos expired on Christmas Eve. I still have not received a response (I have e-mailed and called) and at this point all I want is my 99.00 refunded. I am very upset about this as I am a single mom and Photopass is the only way I ever get nice shots of me and DD together.
    Buyer beware!!
    ºOº KATHY, addicted since 1989 ºOº

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

You are supposed to have 30 days after your trip to order the CD with your photos. They sent me a reminder about mine to make sure I didn't let it expire. Did you not get a reminder by email if you prepurchased the CD? I purchase just before leaving on the trip and then put the 30 day mark on my calendar before leaving so I won't get busy and forget. I think I have heard before that they have retrieved photos for some people when this happened. I may be wrong. Call them immediately and see what they say about it.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

We have found that the pre-purchased PhotoPass CD is a great value - I love the way they're doing it now. Although we've always purchased the CD after we return from our vacation in the past, this time we pre-ordered and couldn't be happier. No problems, saved money and didn't have the added expense when we returned from our trip! Although between DS and I we took over 2,500 photos, these are the most cherished since we're all in the pics!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tinkerfreak!

I am in the same boat except I have been messing with this for a week. My pics expire tomorrow. At this point I would be happy with my 99.00 back! I have a neighbor who has lost all of her photos taking earlier in November dur to the same invalid or expired message and messing with Disney who has not responded to their calls. They were also doing a grand gathering with a sick nephew and are beside themselves with dissapointment.

If you hear anything Tinkerfreak will you send me a PM? I am interested in what happens, I'll do the same. In the meantime - I would be warry of the pre-purchase of this CD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photopass Pre-Pay

Hi All -
    I recently contacted Disney Photopass and inquired about pre-purchasing the CD. This is the response I was given:

"Thank you for your recent visit to DisneyPhotoPass.com.

The pre-purchase offer is only made available through The Walt Disney
    World Travel Company. The offer is made on a random selection process.
    If you are selected for this promotion, you will receive an e-mail from
    The Walt Disney World Travel Company. This e-mail will contain all
    instructions on how to complete your pre-purchase, claim your PhotoPass
    ID's, and complete your transaction when you arrive back home.

Sincerely,

Michelle
    Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team"

Were those of you who pre-purchased the cd part of a selected group or is this new? I'd love to pre-purchase the CD and save $30. Any tips?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone can pre order the Disney Photo Pass. You just go the the website and order. They then send you an email confirmation with at number to use to order it. I have used it before - but never prepay and I will not be using it again. My photos expire today and I haven't heard from anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

The 30 day expiration is not from when you have the pics taken but rather when you register the photopass cards.

I had a photo pass from Feb 08 and didn't register it until after my April 08 trip and thats when the countdown started.

I believe anyone can pre order the CD.

My BFf went on her first trip in Nov and have problems with his pics on photopass being missing. SOunds like this is happening a lot. I still take a ton of my own pics but might be inclined to check the photopass pics before I leave to make sure they are there and came out ok.

When you get a photopass card, write the number on it down on a piece of paper and keep it in a safe place in case you lose the card.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thumperbug View Post
    My BFf went on her first trip in Nov and have problems with his pics on photopass being missing. SOunds like this is happening a lot.
    This does happen alot. I know several people it happened to and Disney couldn't find the lost pictures.

Also Good Luck with getting anyone from photopass to call you back.

We got the photopass for our trip in Oct and wasn't overly thrilled with the pictures for the price ($99). When factoring in what it cost to get them printed and all the time it took to put the borders on and the limited section of borders I thought it wasn't worth the money. Once the pictures were printed most of the borders were cut off. I felt my own pictures that cost me nothing to take were of better quality.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of others having the code expire when they pre-order the cd too far in advance of their trip. Not sure how long the code last but I do know that they will expire.

And about border being cut off. I had a problem with this with our first cd order but with the second one, I made sure I saved the picture in any and all sizes I might want to print and haven't had that trouble this year. A picture saved as a 5x7 won't print exactly like the same picture as a 4x6.

Hope you all get your pictures back!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: