Quantcast Buy BLT or VWL???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Not that it might make a difference, but it's expected that BLT will also have the lowest maintenance fees. Maintenance fees cover a lot of the landscaping and ground work (as well as other things)......at BLT....it's a tower. There is little landscaping to work with.

I personally, was not impressed with BLT as much, but we are buying there anyway. We own at a lot of places, and we own at VWL as well. I love WL probably the best of the ones I've stayed at. It's really quite nice and it's perfect for when you stay during the winter time.

However, we did a test run at staying at the CR, and I loved falling asleep, looking out my window to the Castle. It was such an amazing view, and being able to watch Wishes from you balcony was great. The design was what wasn't that impressive from the models (on our visit we were in the main building and hence, CM was obnoxiously loud and we were on the 10th floor).

Post Thanks / Like

My recommendation is that you stay at VWL if possible before you buy anywhere. We wish we had. We loved WL, so when VWL came up for sale, we bought there. On our first visit, it just wasn't our cup of tea. I'm not sure why, but we loved OKW, and ended up having to do the sell/buy thing to be OKW owners. So I'm a big proponent of stay there before you buy there.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have an immediate need to buy, the advice to book a stay at both and see which you feel best suits you might just payoff in the long run.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

How mobile is your mother? That may help you decide.

We just got back from a stay at WL and my father (68) got tired of the buses and the walking, as he was starting to be in a lot of pain from his arthritis and walking on concrete all day. By Day 5, he needed to rent a ECV in EPCOT. He said, "Next time we're staying at a monorail resort."

My mother (66) was sore for two weeks from walking up and down the ramp to/from our room and Roaring Fork. There were ten of us in rooms 2004, 2022, 2023 and 2031 and the only elevator access to our rooms was to go down the ramp, past the Roaring Fork and up the elevator by the laundry room. Now, there are only 30 or so rooms in that section of the main hotel, but your room at the villas could be at the end of a very long hallway.

So you might want to consider her current and future mobility when making your decision.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: