Quantcast Pre-pay Photopass? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    You are supposed to have 30 days after your trip to order the CD with your photos. They sent me a reminder about mine to make sure I didn't let it expire. Did you not get a reminder by email if you prepurchased the CD? I purchase just before leaving on the trip and then put the 30 day mark on my calendar before leaving so I won't get busy and forget. I think I have heard before that they have retrieved photos for some people when this happened. I may be wrong. Call them immediately and see what they say about it.
    I would just like to clarify that it wasn't that my photos had expired (after I re-read my post, I realized that fact wasn't very clear). The problem was when I tried to order them within the 30 day time frame, the code I received from pre-ordering my photopass was supposedly expired. I called and there is only a message that asks you to leave a message with the problem and your contact info and someone will get back to you. Two weeks have gone by and I have not received a call, or had any response to my multiple emails. I'm so dissapointed, we had some great magic shots on that cd.
    șOș KATHY, addicted since 1989 șOș

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank God, I guess I'm one of the exceptions to the rule. I had an entire day of photos taken @ MK & around the tree @ 1900 Park Fair the next evening. I called photopass and was called 1st thing the next a.m. They asked that I fill out a form on the web site with as much infor as possible. I did this and got an email back from them stating they wld work on it and wld take I Think 3-5 days, but didn't hear back from them. I called lost & found @ Grand Flo, front desk & photopass @ Grand Flo. THEY WERE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! All were so willing to help. The guy @ Grand Flo photopass found my missing photos. It only took about 10minutes or so on my cell ph. He was awesome. My photos were mixed in with a guy I met in MK. He is a Marine & was participating in flag retiring ceremony @ MK. Thanked him for serving our Country and for sacrifice(sp?) he was making that I could be free & safe and be their @ WDW. Military ppl always get to me. I just have to thank them. Anywho, my photos were mixed in with his.

My suggestion about missing pics, stay on photopass. The women in lost & found @ Grand Flo understood how I felt with missing pics. She had 10 Anniversary photos missing. She gave me the suggestion of staying on them. I'm soooooo relieved that my pics were found. Good luck everyone!!
    God bless,
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

I have to apologize because I gave you wrong information. As someone said earlier, the 30 days does start from when you put your photopass info in not from when you get back from vacation or prepurchase the CD. I had forgotten about that. It seemed like there was some kind of time frame on the CD and that is why I waited until right before we left on the trip to order it. But after I put in the photopass info and edited the pictures, then they gave me 30 days and sent me an email to remind me of the 30 days to order the CD. I have heard of people having their pictures lost. Some say they were recovered and some who let theirs expire, they were able to retrieve also. Some of our pictures weren't so good but most were. I figured with the price of ordering one picture without prepurchasing the CD and figured the price divided by all the pictures we saved after editing (over 200) and there was a substantial price saving and was worth it. We will do the CD again because I couldn't have gotten that many pictures myself, especially with us both in the picture. I wonder by one of the PP saying that they got the message about it being a special offer, if they are changing this also like they seem to be changing everything else this year or if, once again, it was a message in error from someone who really didn't know the right answer. Seems like a lot of that going around.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update:

After 1 1/2 weeks of messing with this and trying to talk to a real person at Photopass, I just tried this morning and everything was there and I was able to process the pre ordered CD. I didn't need to enter the code either.
    Not sure if I will use this again, as this is the second time I have had problems with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wifey5794 View Post
    Just an update:

After 1 1/2 weeks of messing with this and trying to talk to a real person at Photopass, I just tried this morning and everything was there and I was able to process the pre ordered CD. I didn't need to enter the code either.
    Not sure if I will use this again, as this is the second time I have had problems with it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wifey5794 View Post
    Just an update:

I also received an e-mail saying they had forwarded my problem on to tech dept or something like that and to try using my code again in 2 or 3 days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I also think this will be the last time I use photo pass. I had trouble the last few times with damaged cd's and now this trouble with the pre-ordered cd. I did not wait until the last minute to order my cd it just kept telling me the promo code they gave me was expired.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I I wonder by one of the PP saying that they got the message about it being a special offer, if they are changing this also like they seem to be changing everything else this year or if, once again, it was a message in error from someone who really didn't know the right answer. Seems like a lot of that going around.
    I found the website last night and they're still offering the pre-purchase for $99. In addition, you can now pre-purchase the cd and the Photobook for I think $149.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all! Just wanted to let you all know that I contacted Photopass about the pre-order and got the same response as DisneyMom+3.

Greetings Cassandra,

Thank you for your recent visit to DisneyPhotoPass.com.

The pre-purchase offer is only made available through The Walt Disney
    World Travel Company. The offer is made on a random selection process.
    If you are selected for this promotion, you will receive an e-mail from
    The Walt Disney World Travel Company. This e-mail will contain all
    instructions on how to complete your pre-purchase, claim your PhotoPass
    ID's, and complete your transaction when you arrive back home.

Sincerely,

Consuelo D. Von Hassel
    Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team

My problem with this is that the web page is still active, so what happens if someone uses that page and pre-orders (without knowing that it isn't supposed to work now)? Will photopass still honor the pre-order?
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about pre-ordering the photopass. By "pre-ordering" do you mean ordering prior to your trip, or just prior to the end of your stay at WDW? Thanks.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Pre-ordering is ordering it before your trip for the discounted price.
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

Well I received an e-mail saying to try putting my promo code in in 2or 3 business days. I waited until the 3rd business day and when I went in my photos were GONE! I immediately sent them an e-mail with the card number. I know they can get them back but what a big pain in the butt this has been. I will definately not be using photo pass again. The stress is sure taking the magic out of it for me! This was our last trip for a long time because the girls want to do some other stuff so the pictures are really extra important to me. Hopefully this has a happy ending.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I had no idea others have had such problems with photopass. We preordered the CD on our Oct. trip and everything went perfectly smooth. I edited pictures and played with the borders once we got back then ordered my CD. It came in the mail and it got here in just a couple of days. We were not selected to preorder as some sort of special offer, but that may have changed. We also did the private sitting with a photopass resort photographer (for an extra charge) and were pleased with that as well. We got some great family shots on the beach at the Grand Floridian. I will keep my fingers crossed for those of you who are having issues. Our Oct trip was our son's 1st trip to WDW and I know I would have been devestated if my photos were lost. Good luck!!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if one of the experts, moderators or whoever knows about these things will come along and give us the real scoop on this because I am hoping to pre-purchase another one before our Anniversary trip in August and want to do the resort shots also. I want to know before doing that whether they have discontinued this or it has just been a glitch in their information somewhere.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Well it does not look good. I have tried several more times to contact photopass and I keep getting the same generic e-mail that says they will forward my request to the photo recovery department but can't guarantee my photos will be recovered. I am so mad. It is their fault that my pictures expired in the first place and I can't believe they are being so nonchalant about it. I have asked in several e-mails for someone to please contact me via telephone but I just keep getting the same stupid e-mail. The most recent one says they have now changed my promo code and have forwarded my request to photo recovery dept.
    They are making it sound like I let my pictures expire not that they messed up. I have received no apology or anything.
    I just sat here and cried when reading the e-mails because there were some wonderful pictures of my DD and I and they will all be lost. I have no other pictures with the entire family in them either.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear some people are having so many problems, and I'm a little scared now too! A week or two ago, I pre-ordered for our Feb. trip! I loved it last time we used it - no problems!

Post Thanks / Like

I did the pre order in April and LOVED IT. I had some photo pass cards from Feb trip that I didn't enter into my acct until after the April trip so I was able to get both trips on the one pre ordered cd. Based on the amt of prints/reprints we have gotton off the CD it has been well worth the price.

In fact..I just pre-ordered my photo pass CD for my upcoming Feb trip...36 days and counting
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerfreak View Post
    Well it does not look good. I have tried several more times to contact photopass and I keep getting the same generic e-mail that says they will forward my request to the photo recovery department but can't guarantee my photos will be recovered. I am so mad. It is their fault that my pictures expired in the first place and I can't believe they are being so nonchalant about it. I have asked in several e-mails for someone to please contact me via telephone but I just keep getting the same stupid e-mail. The most recent one says they have now changed my promo code and have forwarded my request to photo recovery dept.
    They are making it sound like I let my pictures expire not that they messed up. I have received no apology or anything.
    I just sat here and cried when reading the e-mails because there were some wonderful pictures of my DD and I and they will all be lost. I have no other pictures with the entire family in them either.
    if you cant get them i hope you call your cc company and contest the charge!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: