Quantcast Stitch's Great Escape - Love it or Hate It? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Love or hate Stitch's Great Escape?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it - Keep the ride

40 19.42%
  • Bring back Alien Encounter

48 23.30%
  • Hate it - Replace with something new

118 57.28%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Well....here are a few reasons. It is so obviously a retread, and in my opinion, not an improvement. I'm bored by it. To me there is no repeat factor at all. The story line is completely messed up. 626 has not yet been to Earth, but at the end he says "My name is Stitch". Lilo gave him that name, or did he psychicly beam that name into her head? Again, to me it's just a boring attraction, and this comes from someone who really likes Stitch! They could have done better by him in my opinion.

I hear what you're saying, but a lot of what you said is still subjective at best.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

im kinda in the middle. its good but not worth doing every time. but id like to see alien encounter back cuz i never saw it in the first place.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb26 View Post
    I never really thought this ride was as terrible as people say it is. Personally for me I think Alien Encounter was a much better ride. But I don't think Stitch is as terrible as some people make it seem sometimes.

I totally agree. However...WDW had to respond to all of the complaints they had from people who hadn't heeded the warnings that AE wasn't for kids. Personally, although I liked AE, it didn't really fit with the spirit of the Magic Kingdom.
    Dec '88 - off site
    Dec '91 - off site
    Mar '93 - off site
    Dec '94 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '96 - All Star Sports
    Mar '98 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '01 - Dixie Landings
    May '04 - PORS
    May '06 - PORS
    Nov '08 - PORS
    Nov '10 - PORS
    Nov '12 - PORS
    Nov '14 - PORS
    Nov '16 - PORS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zawadi View Post
    Reading various posts, I get the impression that the general feeling is that not many people are in favour of this ride.

Thought I'd set a poll to see if this is really the case.

What do you think of it?

I preferred Alien Encounter, but can see that this could have been too scary for the little ones.
    Bring back an even older one - Mission to Mars! What a blast that was - and it felt REAL!
    "RedHead! Your vacation got cancelled on you! What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    its not as bad as people say- the opening section is pretty cool and it does the best it can with the space provided- . its the 3rd ride to utilize that space ( i think)

Fourth. First two were very similar - Mission to the Moon and Mission to Mars. And they've only redressed the area, rather than rehabbed it, to do Stitch. (Never did Alien Encounter; no desire to see such a show.)

As a Stitch fan, I was extremely disappointed in this show. Obvously, it was aimed at 5th grade boys...
    "RedHead! Your vacation got cancelled on you! What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't hate it, but I do think it could be better. I won't waste my time on it again. I would prefer to see something else replace it. I never saw AE, so I don't know it I would want it back or not.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNut2005 View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but a lot of what you said is still subjective at best.
    No offense but..duuhh! about 99% of anything anyone says about an attraction is subjective. If you don't like a ride because it is always broken, that's not subjective, just about anything else is. The fact that you like SGE is subjective. You asked for reasons, I gave them to you.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I just like Stitch. I collect Stitch pins, have the movie on my iPod, and now my daughter sleeps with a stuffed Stitch. Oh yeah, and my avatar is an Elvis Stitch, so take it for what it's worth...

I really like the ride, and yeah, the chili dog thing is gross, but it doesn't make me gag.

I guess what I like about it is the complexity. I think that most of you go in there and never give that a second thought. SGE is Disney Audio-Animatronics at it's BEST. Just watch Stitch's movements, as well as the guns. It's really amazing technology.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    First of all, I just like Stitch. I collect Stitch pins, have the movie on my iPod, and now my daughter sleeps with a stuffed Stitch. Oh yeah, and my avatar is an Elvis Stitch, so take it for what it's worth...

I really like the ride, and yeah, the chili dog thing is gross, but it doesn't make me gag.

I guess what I like about it is the complexity. I think that most of you go in there and never give that a second thought. SGE is Disney Audio-Animatronics at it's BEST. Just watch Stitch's movements, as well as the guns. It's really amazing technology.
    I like Stitch also, I think it's a funny character. I also can appreciate the technology that went into the attraction. I just don't like the final product. Part of the reason I don't like SGE is because I like Stitch, I don't think it did the little blue weirdo justice.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb26 View Post
    I never really thought this ride was as terrible as people say it is. Personally for me I think Alien Encounter was a much better ride. But I don't think Stitch is as terrible as some people make it seem sometimes.
    I agree, I think if you never rode AE, Stitch wouldn't be bad
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I wonder who really comes up with these attractions. Somebody actually thought it was a great idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Alien Encounter was on of my favorite attractions at the Magic Kingdom ... Stitch has to be my least favorite attraction there now. I went on it once, never again.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I love Lilo and Stitch, and I think the ride is ok. Somewhere in the C+ range, probably. Alien Encounter, however, was unique, to the point of being a real departure from "usual Disney". Id like to see a Stitch attraction somewhere, and AE returned (and maybe plussed?)
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

This ride is lame. It was lame when it was AE, but at least then it scared the daylights out of me. Now it is a big leap to actually believe they wanted to make a Stitch ride... I just think they needed a character to go in it and look! Stitch fit. I can appreciate hardwork and effort to make things at WDW top notch, but this is far from that.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Guess my post mentioning that PhilharMagic's creators also created SGE has gone ignored...

Post Thanks / Like

If you knew that SGE was created by a lot of the same Imagineers that created Mickey's PhilharMagic and a lot of the other newer attractions that most of you do enjoy, maybe more of you wouldn't be hating on it as much.

Those Imagineers include folks that most of you do seem to love, such as Kevin Rafferty and Rick Rothschild.

In my POV, every time a specific attraction gets slammed blindly like that, I see it as a slam on the Imagineers that worked so hard on the project in question.
    I think the point of who created the attraction is irrelevant it's just a cheaply done retro fit of AE to sell merchandise it has a very weak storyline and is simply not entertaining. I am not bashing the imagineers by saying this I am bashing Managemnt more for giving them a limited budget to work with. It was basically a cheaper option than building osmething new and original. Just because some of the imagineers who worked on it might have designed attractions I like has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion. I mean People make great movies and then the sequel or another they make totally stinks it has to do with that one particular attraction not thier body of work. And the attraction is not being slammed blindly it's an opinion of people who experienced it. Blindly infers they have never experienced it.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

This is a horrible attraction! Alien Encounter was much better, but was VERY scary. I am really surprised that the Disney Imagineers haven't been about to come up with a better attraction than just recycling the same theater and idea over and over again.
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

1/12-VWL; 9/11-SSR-Grandstand; 5/11-SSR-Grandstand **First DVC Stay!!**; 10/10-POFQ; 9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**; 2/07-SSR- Paddock; 3/04-AKL; 5/01-DL Paris; 3/01-VWL; 12/00-Off-Site; 1/99-AS Music; 2/97-AS Sports; 2/95-AS Music; 6/93-OKW
    And many times prior...

Post Thanks / Like

this was our first ride on our first trip,i love stitch and sleep with a stuffed stitch,the ride is good,i don't see why people have to pick things apart ,it is a ride,not a movie!
    and then to come out into the wide world of stitch merchandise
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Guess my post mentioning that PhilharMagic's creators also created SGE has gone ignored...
    Both subpar and unimaginitive... Philharmagic is better, but it's never been on my must do list.

And it's not just one person, it's the whole of Imagineering that's pretty much been in a creative slump lately. To be fair though, the budgets they have been given are fairly slim. I'm going to guess though there is a lot of waste within the Disney Corp as well so a good house cleaning will probably do wonders.

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I think the point of who created the attraction is irrelevant it's just a cheaply done retro fit of AE to sell merchandise it has a very weak storyline and is simply not entertaining. I am not bashing the imagineers by saying this I am bashing Managemnt more for giving them a limited budget to work with. It was basically a cheaper option than building osmething new and original. Just because some of the imagineers who worked on it might have designed attractions I like has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion.
    You know that none of that is true.

Everything that Disney makes is solely for entertainment purposes only. Any profitability that comes along with it is nothing more than extra icing on the cake.

You can keep your opinions, but your views are still subjective at best.

I'm just trying to keep a positive view here without getting shot down or falling victim to constant frenzied attacks that one would recieve when trying to be rational on other controversial sites.

EDIT: I should also add that one reason why I may sound ticked off is because the unrational sites tend to bash the Imagineers far too frequently instead of placing the blame where it really does lie.
    Last edited by MNNHFLTX; 01-02-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Edited per Terms of Service

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: