Quantcast American Adventure.....worth it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default American Adventure.....worth it?

Since the Hall of Presidents will be closed when I go in a few weeks, I was wondering if the American Adventure would be a good alternative. Is it really 30 minutes? That seems like a long time for an attraction. Is it worth my time?
    Apr 2007 - Off site (1st visit)
    Sep 2008 - POP canceled due to Gustav
    Feb 2009 - POFQ (Mom's 1st visit and Dad's 1st since 1974)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you like the Hall of Presidents, I think it is worth your time. It's in a nice theater with plenty of seating. I don't recall being bored by it or thinking it was a long show. The time goes quickly and it is entertaining. I've only been to it once and I don't see it as a repeat attraction, but I do think it's a good show and worth viewing at least once. Of course, if time is short, it's not a Must-See.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It is worth it. 2 out of 3 of my kids were bored out of their minds, one liked it, I liked it, and my husband loved it. It brought tears to his eyes, but patriotism is his middle name, so this attraction was right up his alley! It goes by fairly quickly, and it is quite moving.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

If you're interested at all in the history of the United States it's definitely worth it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Absolutely worth the trip. It's a great attraction. And if you have the chance to do it in the afternoon, go early to catch the Voices of Liberty pre-show singing. It is absolutely an amazing experience.

Post Thanks / Like

If you like history and want to see a 30min recap of american history do it. I go to Disney 3 to 4 times a year and never miss it.
    Jason
    Returning guest since 1982
    1980s Poly x 5
    1990s Caribean Beach, Port NO, Coranado, AS Sports, Y & B Club x 10
    2000s POP AS SPORT, Music, Movies, CARIBEAN BEACH x 11
    Last Trip Nov 09
    NEXT TRIP Sept 11
    501st member since May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Absolutely worth the trip. It's a great attraction. And if you have the chance to do it in the afternoon, go early to catch the Voices of Liberty pre-show singing. It is absolutely an amazing experience.
    Ditto!!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a must see. Although we go everytime. In my opinion, this is a great way to get off your feet while still visiting an attraction. Much like Hall of Presidents. It will not be time wasted. In the summer, its also a good way to get out of the heat for 30 min.
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcpa1022 View Post
    Since the Hall of Presidents will be closed when I go in a few weeks, I was wondering if the American Adventure would be a good alternative. Is it really 30 minutes? That seems like a long time for an attraction. Is it worth my time?
    The attraction is worth everybody's time. I'm not sure this question is worth anybody's time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    The attraction is worth everybody's time. I'm not sure this question is worth anybody's time.
    Pardon my simple question. If it wasn't worth your time, you didn't have to reply.
    Apr 2007 - Off site (1st visit)
    Sep 2008 - POP canceled due to Gustav
    Feb 2009 - POFQ (Mom's 1st visit and Dad's 1st since 1974)

Post Thanks / Like

ABSOLPOSITIVELY !
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reply

I'm a WDW fan. Like everyone who visits WDW frequently some attractions appeal to me more than others and some hardly appeal to me at all.

But all attractions at WDW are engineered, imagineered to be works of techno-entertainment art.

The American Adventure is a particularly large an impressive WDW attraction.

Pardon me, but to ask "Is it worth my time" seems a bit flippant. "What's it like?" would be less jarring. That's why I replied the way I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I love it! But then again, I LOVE Hall of Presidents! I think you should try it at least once. You never know, you might really enjoy it!
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    ABSOLPOSITIVELY !
    Wait a minute-Is this the only post I have ever seen of yours that isn't a numbered list?
    I really love this attraction. I cry everytime and the Audio-Animatronics are the best in the parks IMO. Well, they were until the POTC refurb.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I too am not a fan of the "Is it worth it?" question. Agreed! the better way to ask is "What is this attraction all about?"

It is nothing short of utterly spectacular. I have often stated that it is one of the crowning acheivements of the Walt Disney Company. Worth your time? Are you kidding me? Everyone at WDW should be FORCED to see this phenominal presentation. Including the world famous (and rightly so) Voices of Liberty that sing at intervals all afternoon.

Please, please spare 30 minutes of your time for this. And while you are watching, think about the research, technology, imagineering and yes, sheer ARTISTRY it took to bring this to life.

SPECTACULAR!
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that if you like the Hall of Presidents, you will LOVE the American Adventure. It is far superior. I like to sit up close because some of the audioanimatronic characters are amazing. Pay close attention to Thomas Jefferson (I think it's him, anyway) - he actually seems to walk up the stairs in one scene.

Post Thanks / Like

The walking Ben Franklin is one of the highest tech animitronics figures ever. The story is moving and makes me misty every time I see it. My 6 year old loved it, but then again she likes history.

Doesn't matter if you were born or live in the US or not.....your at WDW enjoying the heights of Americana....and it is all of our American Adventure. Have a seat, enjoy the show.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

It's worth it but as said before not really a repeat attraction. There is plenty of stuff to look at if you don't happen to walk in right as the show is opening, like items and inventions from Thomas Edison, Ben Franklin, and other famous americans.
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. From the very beginning, we have always sought to reach out to one another ... to bridge the gaps between us ... to communicate."

Post Thanks / Like

I like the show - a lot.
    I understand that some want to rush around to other things, and everyone's entitled to their own opinions & agendas.

It's a patriotic thing - and a bit of a history lesson - so my kids always accompany me when we watch.

And those Voices of Liberty at the preshow - very, very well done!!!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I happen to think that American Adventure is the best Audio-Animatronic show that Disney has ever assembled.

It's awesome. Definitely worth checking out.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: