Quantcast Crystal Palace question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crystal Palace question

The Crystal Palace menu looks pretty good to me but dh and I aren't really interested in seeing the characters. There's a part of me that hates to take away a character dining opportunity for a family that would enjoy it more than we would but there's another part of me that would like to eat there any way. What do you think? Should we go for the food or step back so someone else can have the experience?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I say go for the food. You may even enjoy the characters!

Post Thanks / Like

Let's put it this way, two weeks ago when my family which consists of myself, wife, 23 year old daughter, 20 year old son, and 12 year old son were at the Hollywood Studios we ate at the Hollywood & Vine Restaurant because my 20 year old had been bugging us to hit one of the Disney buffets all week. Since we had only decided to take this trip 4 weeks in advance we had not gotten any adrs and were just picking up meals where we could.

Now I knew that the restaurant had characters but the last time we ate there several years ago it was the classic Disney characters like Mickey and Minnie. We had no idea until we walked in and sat down and found that it was now the Playhouse Disney characters who we didn't even know or recognize.

When my wife asked the waitress if we were taking a seat away from a family with young kids she said that with the large number of people who make adrs and then don't keep them we should never feel bad about eating anyplace at Disney. So take it from our waitress and some rather embarrassed Hoosier that it is no problem to eat where you like even if you don't want to see the characters!

Post Thanks / Like

The characters go around to the tables & they move along pretty quickly. I wouldn't worry about taking time away from anyone else. Plus I think the characters can tell who's really excited (ie tables with children) & who just wants a picture or two (ie tables with adults) and spend the appropriate amount of time with each.

Post Thanks / Like

I say that if the menu looks good to you, then go for it. If you make your reservation and get a table, all is fair!! And while you don't necessarily find enjoyment in the characters yourself, you may find enjoyment by seeing kids' faces light up when they see the characters. I know that it always brings joy to me to watch the reactions of the kids throughout the restaurant!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Go and enjoy yourself. If you are really worried about taking the characters time - just wave them through to the next table. The characters are good at anticipating who really wants to see them, who might be scared or who doesn't need to see them. If I ever get to go without my kids, I will still have breakfast here. I will let the characters pass me by and watch with delight as little ones get to greet them.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cp

Quote Originally Posted by kathiep View Post
    Go and enjoy yourself. If you are really worried about taking the characters time - just wave them through to the next table. The characters are good at anticipating who really wants to see them, who might be scared or who doesn't need to see them. If I ever get to go without my kids, I will still have breakfast here. I will let the characters pass me by and watch with delight as little ones get to greet them.
    CP is a plesant break from the MK for everyone including adults traveling without kids.

As indicated before characters respond to a wave by... but a photo with Winnie or Tigger or Piglet or Eeyore is fun for all ages.

Post Thanks / Like

I did it -- made my ADR today for Crystal Palace. Thanks for the encouragement!

Natazu Guest

I'm going to chime in here. I mean no disrespect it's just my unqualified two cents. Crystal Palace's food is ok at best. You're paying a premium for the characters. I'd hate to see someone pay $30 a person for a buffet that isn't very good. Just an FYI thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    I'm going to chime in here. I mean no disrespect it's just my unqualified two cents. Crystal Palace's food is ok at best. You're paying a premium for the characters. I'd hate to see someone pay $30 a person for a buffet that isn't very good. Just an FYI thing.
    Let's make that four cents--I agree. Wasn't going to burst the bubble, and I hope you enjoy it, pwdebbie, but we wouldn't do this one again unless we were bringing small children who really wanted that character experience. Noise level is pretty high, and we would choose other places.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't given the noise level a thought. Dh ("invisibly" disabled) can't take a lot of noise. I had been considering Trails End at Fort Wilderness as a way to get away from it all for a little bit of time in nature. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

We are trying Trails End when we go..breakfast and lunch. I have heard good things about it.
    first trip 1976
    27 trips since and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

We never found CP to be overly noisy - certainly not anywhere near the noise level at Chef Mickey's but we are always among the first seated for breakfast. Maybe it gets louder later.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: