Quantcast NHL All-Star Game

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Angry NHL All-Star Game

I have to say this year the game has become a big joke. The league knows the fans were using a bot program to shill vote for Montreal Canadiens players. They let the voting stand and shunned some of the better players in the league because of it. This list includes player who are tops in the league in scoring such as Alexander Semin, Mike Richards and Patrick Elias. Alexei Kovalev is a starter and Alexander Ovechkin isn't The game is on Versus not National TV. It's an absolute joke and shows how inept Bettman is at running the league
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bettmans live in Wayne. Not too far from you. I did a summer program for a month with his daughter in high school. Now that you know, you can go picket outside his house.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

It is a complete joke the way the "voting" turned out. Four Montreal Canadiens on the starting team?!! At best only one of them should even be on the All-Star team!
    Kovalev has been horrible , Komisarek's only claim to fame is being knocked out by Milan Lucic, and Markov is hardly better than an average defenceman. Price has certainly not been the beat goalie this season. Well I guess that's what you get with fan voting!
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Honestly ... All-Star games are stupid. The leagues have to stop letting fans vote. It's absurd. That turns it away from a true reward for the best players in the league to a popularity contest. It's ridiculous.

It's not just the NHL ... look at football. Favre goes to the Pro Bowl with 20 TD passes and 19 interceptions while Phillip Rivers, owner of the best QB rating in football, stays home??

I don't even waste my time with these things. They're a joke.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Never really see the point in these games.

Anyway. Not totally sure how the voting system works over there for these things but when the player of the year in Soccer in England is voted for it's by his fellow professional and not the fans. Each player will vote but not for someone on their own team.

The Football Writers also have their own award for player of the year.

I can only presume that when you vote for players in the All Star Games it's either a phone or text vote so someone is making money out of it somewhere.

Maybe it's time the players voted for the All Star Games.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog View Post
    Maybe it's time the players voted for the All Star Games.
    That's the way it always was in U.S. sports, too. The coaches, players, and media were the only ones with a vote.

They added the fan voting very recently and it's obviously messed things up dramatically. All of the major sports have had some glaring errors in the selections since the fans got involved.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I've never liked fan voting for all-star games. Baseball has been doing it this way for years, and it's frequently turned into a popularity contest.

In the late 70s, after Bucky Dent's clutch home run clinched a Yankees playoff victory over the Red Sox, he went on to at least one all-star start, even though his stats for the season at the half way point didn't seem to indicate that he was worthy of a place in the starting line-up.

I admit that I voted for NHL all-star players, but it doesn't mean that I think that's the way to pick an all-star team. The games would have more meaning if there were a more objective method of picking the team!
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the Skills Competition earlier since there was nothing else on and they have to be kidding with the Versus Coverage They missed more goals than they showed during the Young Stars Game. They were showing replays of the last goal scored or a save during play and kept missing goals. Even worse they were focusing on a player sitting on the bench while a goal was being scored and then never showed the replay of that goal.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My brother ran into Montreal-bound Jeff Carter at the airport on Thursday. He wished him luck. I still just can't get into hockey yet this season. Maybe I just need to get to a game..
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I watched the Skills Competition earlier since there was nothing else on and they have to be kidding with the Versus Coverage They missed more goals than they showed during the Young Stars Game. They were showing replays of the last goal scored or a save during play and kept missing goals. Even worse they were focusing on a player sitting on the bench while a goal was being scored and then never showed the replay of that goal.
    This bothered my wife a lot, too. Just show the young stars game without all the other stuff!
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Default OMG I totally concur

I watched the replay of the vintage 1980 All Star game on the NHL network...What a difference...No silly fanfare or some goofball on a spinning organ...Oh and I cannot STAND the freakin Cheerleaders...Looks like a Hooters Ad...Game is on right now as we speak and I have NO idea whats going on...Dont care...The Extreme Breakaway thing is the most foolish thing Ive seen and I played college hockey at UNH from 1988-1990...What a joke...One of the highlights (for me anyway) was listening to Pat LaFontaine talk about his Charity Lions Den group...How awesome is that...Hockey players are much more articulate than any other sport...Im stepping off my soapbox now...Oh and no Redwings??? lol...Well you all take care and just in case you dont see my avatar...GO BRUINS!!!...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Vs. coverage was horrendous. Almost unwatchable, as was the product on the ice.

This cemented for me that I'll no longer be wasting time on this mess.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the worst All-star weekend I have ever watched
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to like 10 Pens games this season and watch most others. The game last night was really boring. I imagine it is hard for these players to play in a game where you never check. I am surprised they called the hooking penalty like they did, there were penalties that could have been called all night.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: