Quantcast DVC tour

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: DVC tour

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC tour

Ok..we've decided to do the DVC spiel in March. Whats the best way to go about it? Do we set it up while we're there, or can we do it ahead of time? We are only there for 5 days, so I want it to be at a good time, and also, how long does this take? And..my kids are 14, 12 and 9. Do I bring them with us on the tour?
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can set it up while you're there. It takes a couple of hours and they'll pick you up and bring you back.

Yeah, the kids can come along. There's a game room for the kids to hang out in then you all get ice cream sundaes when its over before they bring you back. It's pretty low pressure and really a good time if you're serious about possibly joining.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'd check the weather forcast and plan around that while you are there. They will pick you up, wherever you will be, and drop you off where you want to go.

Find out as much as you can before you go, use the time to ask the serious questions. If it were me, I'd figure out how many points you need now, we spent a couple of days figuring that out when were on vacation.

Upsize your desired accomodations and maybe plan on a slightly more expensive season. If you do that, take away a few points as extras will be banked and available the next year when you may need them (or borrowed from the next year and you'll still be able to go on vacation the next). It's so important to get the number of oints you need, not necessarily the minimum (maybe 163 would be better than 160).

Also, buy where you want to stay. Don't let them tell you resorts are unavailable. Look at the resales, EVERYTHING is available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Also, buy where you want to stay. Don't let them tell you resorts are unavailable. Look at the resales, EVERYTHING is available.
    Agree with 100% with DizneyRox on this. When we said we wanted only VWL and were willing to wait, it suddenly became available.

We just went to the DVC desk at WL when we wanted to go and they picked us up within the hour. The boys came with us. They toured the villas with us and then went to the game room while they ran the numbers. No problem.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I corect that you cannot purchase resales direct from Disney? In other words, I cannot purchase at VWL from Disney, I would have to look into a resale at the Timeshare Store, right?
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishingStar2006 View Post
    Am I corect that you cannot purchase resales direct from Disney? In other words, I cannot purchase at VWL from Disney, I would have to look into a resale at the Timeshare Store, right?
    Incorrect... You CAN buy any resort directly from Disney. They sell them at the current point price, so there's not a real deal there, BUT if you feel that you need to buy from Disney, you can. They like to push the newer properties, but if you want something particular, you can get them.

I'm not sure if they sit on resale contracts for a bit and then exercise a ROFR to pass those on to customers or what. Seems like that might be what they do since theydon't offer them up, but can get them.

Makes sense since they would rather sell more (leave the existing customer holding the points and get a new person to buy something new, but instead of missing a sale, they will take what they can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishingStar2006 View Post
    You can purchase VWL direct from DVC at $101 per point.
    DVC Mike

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: