Quantcast LVC vs. GVC at the Poly

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default LVC vs. GVC at the Poly

We are booked LVC at the Poly in March. GVC is still available. In these crazy economic times, my head says to make the switch, I still have time to do so. We have more than loved our LVC stays, our amazing room has enhanced our trips. How different would our stay be if we made the switch? I almost wish we had never started off staying LVC to begin with, as it has been amazing. Its hard to think about staying any other way!! It is an 800 bucks difference in price from one view to another.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends on what you think will make you feel the worst:

A. keeping the lagoon view, going on the trip and wishing you had saved the extra money

or

B. switching to garden view, going on the trip and wishing you hadn't been frugal
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'm totally sold on the Poly forever, so I had a similar deal last November when the 4/3 deal came out. I was going to cancel our 2 bd suite in Tonga, and move to Hawaii and get three rooms--with the hope that we had 2 adjoining rooms since I have 2 toddlers--We need the extra space to relax in after the kiddos go to sleep. I know the view is a bit different in Hawaii, but still it's a great building to be in. It saved us maybe 500 dollars from the suite to move over to the three rooms. We stayed put, in Tonga we love our room it fits us perfectly, my kids are comfy there. My five year old walks up stairs to get snacks(I'm secretly behind him). Plus the marina view is great, I can see the fireworks at the MK, plus the Tonga location is prime for everything.

I say forget the 800 bucks you won't miss it, have a great time!!!
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed LVC twice and GVC once. We are booked GVC again for our trip this summer.

I thought the view from the GVC of the landscaping/quiet pool was beautiful. Hard to beat that LVC view, but also hard to go wrong with views at the Poly. The only not so nice view with GVC might be a couple of rooms at the end of the building that face the end of Samoa.

Wishes and the EWP can be viewed from the lounge or the beach, so it's not that big of an issue for us. Having the convenience of the lounge with two small children is mainly what keeps us going back.

Have a great time whichever you decide!

Post Thanks / Like

We have done both and although the view from LVC is spectacular we have decided for our Sept. trip to save the additional dollars and go GVC.
    Several times we go down to the lounge, relax, and watch the fireworks and EWP. It's also a great view from there.
    Like HulaMinnie, the lounge is a big factor for us. We eat breakfast every morning there.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't posted on these boards in forever but would love to chime in on this. I agree with Tammi. But also, the LV views made our July trip. We have stayed several times in standard GV rooms and also once each in LVC and GVC. LVC is head and shoulders above anything we've experienced at WDW. LOVED it. The views from 3d floor were the backdrop to our entire experience. I'm gonna miss those views when we return next month

Post Thanks / Like

I have no advice to give, sorry!! Just wanted to say have a great trip. We just got back the beg of February. Man, do I love that Mickey Mouse!! Have a great stay!!!
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default staying LVC

We were going to switch from LVC to GVC on this upcoming trip and decided to stay with LVC. I just love waking up to see the steam on the lake and the castle in the background, the people walking past on the path, the beach being groomed, ducks waddling from the beach to the grass, not to mention going to sleep watching the changing colors of the castle. It is truly Disney magic. 52 more days...
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: