Quantcast American Idol Experience

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default American Idol Experience

Is there anybody like me who has no desire to see this show nor even care about the people who participate in it?

I can't stand the TV show, never liked the performers who have won, and there is a part of me that hopes this is gone August 2011 when I go back to Disney.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I second that. The only reason I don't want it to fail is because Disney will lose $$, otherwise I am secretly hoping the fad will fade away quickly and we can put in a new show or dark ride.
    I can not stand the show and am annoyed at all of the ides that were lost so that AI can be in DHS. Just sad. On the other hand it will probably be very popular and that means that you and I won't have to wait in lines as long for TSM!
    SO I guess that's the positive.
    Either way, I could not agree more with you.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Disney when they had the Kick off on Thursday. We had originally planned on DHS for Thursday until I heard that that was the day of the kick off. WOW! I am glad we changed out minds. We went to the Mk and I would have to guess that everyone else that had planned going to the HS changed their minds as well and ended up at the MK. I have never seen it so crowded other than a trip we make in mid June.

Oh! I decided not to audition as I felt that I should give someone else the chance at fame and if I started singing it would not have been long until we would have had the park all to ourselves.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I also to do not like the show and have no desire to spend even a second of my vacation on this attraction. I also hope that everyone else at DHS any day I am there loves the attraction and leaves the good rides for me. I do hope it fails and they put a real attraction in there though (after they change Sounds Dangerous into something better such as bringing back the Hunchback show).
    WeLuvBuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I've been involved in music since I was very young, but I just don't have any interest in the show. I think that the contestants (for the most part) are talented and entertaining, but it's just not something I've ever felt the need to watch. I'll still check it out when I go, just so I can decide from experience whether I like the attraction - but I highly doubt it will be a repeat stop for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big fan of the show, but we did go see this when we were at DHS first week of Feb.

Not great, but not terrible. What is interesting is that it's real people and the audience is voting to determine the outcome. From that standpoint, I think it has decent repeat value since it will always be different. However, seeing people publicly 'shot down' seemed a little out of place at the happiest place on earth, especially when the Simon-like judge would verbally bash each performer. The talent was very average, but we didn't go to the final show with the winners of each day show (which would obviously have the best performace of the day). This is something I would do again, but would not plan my day around. If you happen to be walking by and the show is about to start, it's not a bad way to rest your feet and burn a half hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    I can not stand the show and am annoyed at all of the ides that were lost so that AI can be in DHS. Just sad.
    My memory could be failing me, but what rides were lost due to American Idol? I thought they built the set in a currently unused space. (assuming ides was a typo and you are not referring to the 15th of the month )

I for one am looking forward to it. I'm a huge fan of the show and I love singing and I'm actually thinking about auditioning when we go in June just for the heck of it. I have read many reviews of people had no interest in Idol enjoying the show. I am one to give everything a chance before I completely diss it.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been involved with music for most of my life, playing multiple instruments and being in a band for a couple years. But I, for one, cannot stand American Idol (except the hilarious weeding out process in the beginning- Go Simon, tell them how it is! ). I have not been to WDW when they had the American Idol show and when I go back next year I am certain that it won't be a stop for us.
    Richard
    "please stand clear of the doors"
    multiple times as little kid but don't remember the dates
    1993-ft. wilderness
    1994-contemporary
    1995-ft. wilderness
    2002-caribbean beach/polynesian
    2003-off property
    2005-coronado springs
    2009-off property condo
    2011-Bay Lake Towers/Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

We will go to check it out, but simply becuase we like seeing new things. I am not a big fan. I find the show entertaining but it is not something I Tivo. Its something I may watch on the rare occasion that we are at home and nothing else is on. Needless to say we were dissapointed that Fantasmic our #1 can't miss we scailed back based on this. I actaully hope I am wrong and the show is great.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking it would be lame, but was able to catch a preview of a closing show and I thought it was great! The performers we saw that night were very good, the show was very well done. The only thing kinda corny were the imitation judges.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: