Quantcast When would you go?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Always enjoyed the second week in November... Great deals , Great weather , Not crowded.....
    Trips to wdw......TOO many to count. Next trip...nov.9th-15th 2008. port orleans french quarter... first time there...

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...any two weeks?

I would go early in December, although I've heard that the crowds are getting heavier during that time. But, the plus side is that all of the Christmas decorations are up, there is the Christmas party, and the weather is cooler.

We've been the last week of August, and it was just too hot, so I would avoid September for the same reason. Mid-November was nice, weather-wise, but there still was a fairly good crowd.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I like the last week in September/first week in October. We went at that time last year and it was not crowded and the weather was great! We did Mickey's not so scary Halloween party and it was lots and lots of fun! I am thinking of going at this time again the only thing that is stopping me is keeping my daughter out of school for a week again. She will be a sophmore in HS and it's just too hard to catch up.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

I would go somewhere between mid-September to early October.

You will probably be able to take advantage of free dining (which CANNOT be beat!). We've done this many years in the past and have saved tons. Usually it starts somewhere around the end of August and runs until the first couple of days in Oct. As long as you avoid Labor Day Weekend (Sept. 7, 2009) you should be fine. I know people who have visited the week after Labor Day and said it was very empty.

We like late September. We were able to do 10 nights/11 days for the two of us last year at POP with 9 day tickets (plus Hopper & Water Parks & More) with free dining for $1602.

It is still hot in September, but usually a bit better than the summer. It doesn't matter to us because there are virtually NO lines and you're in and out of air conditioning all day. I would say we averaged mid-80s during our trip last year.

Plus, you'll be able to enjoy Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and all of the great Halloween decorations around WDW. Your dates could also fall during the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival.

If you like being scared beyond belief, you'll also be in time for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, which is easily the best adult Halloween event in the country.

The only down-side is that the late summer/fall is hurricane season. I have gone to WDW and/or FL every hurricane season since 2002 and have never had one affect my vacation. If there is one, I have heard they usually only close the parks from 1/2 - 1 day. Just get trip insurance and you should be fine.

As for December, early December is really empty and nice with all of the Christmas decorations, but the deals are usually not nearly as good. It can also be a bit cooler. During one of my November trips, we really didn't do water rides or the pool very much because it was in the mid 60s.

Happy planning!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

mid to late january is also good,if you can plan it for after the marathon and before the cheer/dance squads come in,although we were there at the same time as the dance camps and found it less busy than the marathon times.
    you can tell by our photo's in the trip report thread that the parcs were not that busy.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We went in mid October last year and it was great! Warm temps, but not hot like September; Halloween party; and the International Food & Wine Festival. It was a hectic time for us to get away from work, but otherwise we loved October.

Just wanted to add that you should avoid Columbus Day weekend if you go in October.
    Last edited by Disney Doll; 02-20-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: added info
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

The first two weeks of December are nice. The parks are decorated for the holidays. Do not go Christmas week, the crowds are terrible.

We were just at WDW the last week of January and there were no crowds.

Have fun.
    Old Key West - December 2015
    All Start Music - August 2014
    Port Orleans - May 2013 + Dream Cruise, Jan 1997
    Fort Wilderness - Jan 2011, Jan 2009, Dec 2002
    Disney Village Resort - August 1993
    Off site - Jan 1992 (Honeymoon), Dec 1989, Feb. 1977 (CCD)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: